Fat Banana Grow Diary/ Viparspectra R900 VS. Lumatek Attis 300W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Fat Banana Grow Diary/ Viparspectra R900 VS. Lumatek Attis 300W

So I Got a new grow light from Lumatek. And I have enough space for both the old Vipar and the new Lumatek. So why not make a grow jornal out of it!? And see what light will produce the best buds ?

information about grow.
    strain: 9x Fat Banana

Medium: Standard Tomato soil.

Light: ViparSpectra R900 (380 watt) / Lumatek Attis 300 (300W)

Nutrients/ Supplements: Cal-mag (GH), Voodoo juice (Advanced Nutrients), PK 13/14 (Canna), Blackstrap molasses (organic)

Pot size: 30 L

Ph levels: 6,2-6,4

Temperature: 25-30 Celsius

Humidity: 45-55%

Training techniques: Will try to make manifold on all of the plants.

I think I summed it pretty good up? If I’m missing something please notify me and I will of course correct it And the information above about the nutrients it’s what I intends to use when needed for the plants

So currently the plants under the ViparSpectra is 15-22 days old today.
    And under the Lumatek the plants are currently 1-2 days old. Except for the biggest one of course - it’s about 15 days old.

The reason for this is I started out with 5 just for the Vipar, then my lumatek light came after 15 days into the grow and I decided to hurry my ass up and installed the lumatek for 4 plants more in grow tent.
    It’s my first time trying the lumatek - so I really don’t know anything about this lamp, and what type of height I need to adjust for the plants. This will be a learning experience also !

One thing more; I had one seedling that only made 1 coly leaf and 1 normal leaf. So it’s a mutant !? But I add some pictures of the plant now and I really don’t know what to think about it🤔

I will upload some pictures as the grow continues of course.
    And please write your thoughts, pros and cons through out the grow.
    Happy growing !
    Capt.
    Attached Files
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Looks good Capt! Pretty neat how that little.mutant is growing
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks. The start up is always a little boring in my opinion
      Yea ! I’m a little worried on how it’s going to grow, and it’s going to be a weird manifold I’m making in this one 🤔🤣

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      She may surprise you once you start training. I'm rooting for the mutant! Do you know about how long you plan to veg them for?

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe you are right. Maybe she Will be the best producer

I don’t have an estimated time for the veg. My last fault on the last grow was I switched to soon. So I think it will be around 6-7 weeks of veg, but again it depends on how big the plants get of course

Your set up looks real good. That Lumatek is sweet looking. Hope it produces. I like the mutant and hope she turns into a healthy harvest.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks
      Yea its Really Nice. A heavy Price for the light, but I hope and thinks it’s going to be worth it. It’s produces absolutely no sound. No fans running for cooling the whole thing, like the Vipar. If everything goes well I buy a second lumatek in the winter and use the vipar for something else

Going for a Photo run eh CaptainWiese91 ?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes mam 👍🏻 Always photos inside and always autos outside
      Just finished my indoor critical kush photos for 4 weeks ago.

Well howdy i like it. I'm doing both also but my outdoor are not doing well photo wise. It's a shitty summer so far in my part of Oregon once again. 15degree coolier than normal temps. less sun. It's making it very hard for me to grow on my property and having to move plants around to get the sun. I'm getting to stiff to crawl around under things and plant guerilla style LOL. My indoor autos are doing great. Best of luck and look forward to watching the grow

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have so high walls around my property In Portugal and I still moving my plants around so they get 12 hours of sunlight. But again another climate as we spoked about
      15 degrees lower is quite a bit actually. This is why an indoor grow is so much appreciated.
      Though I really like sun grown buds to be honest

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I am having the same shitty summer up in N. WA (nearly the wilds of BC) My regular summer garden is suffering. I'm out there watering my containers in the flipping rain and I feel like an idiot. But it's not enough rain to do anything except make it Steamy Magoo during the sunbreaks. Oh, the humidities!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that mate 😒
      Mother Nature work in mysterious ways sometimes.
      I have the totally opposite problem.
      I have 33-35 Celsius everyday now, so I’m battling the heat outside.

Well it's a very off year weather wise here, never predictable anymore. Looks like it's going towards faster shorter hybrids to be honest in my yard LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weather sucks in the Pacific northwest.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm barely managing to get dandelions to maturity, LOL

Next year make 15 plants outside like me, then you are covered a little bit 😅
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but all autos strong ones and not outside till end of june LOL

A little update.
    They are growing as expected. This phase is always a little boring for me😆.
    Most of the plants are at the 5th node now. Waiting for 6 nodes before I will start manifold.
    The mutant is finally growing normal. With nodes on both sides equally.
    So now I know where I should make the manifold on this mutant baby girl. 👍🏻
    The new light Lumatek is doing a great job, Its running on 80% only, and they are growing fine under this light. I misjudged the height a little bit, but it’s was expected as this is the first grow with the lumatek.
    The Vipar is doing great as always, only running on the “veg” bottom for now.

thanks to the ones who are following this project
    Happy growing !

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      It's looking great in there i totally agree about them at the boring stage training is so fun.

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Captain...Those plants look great and that's some really nice looking soil. Since I don't know a thing about tomatoes, and don't have much experience growing anything, what exactly is, 'standard tomato soil?' Is that why we don't see perlite or other such meduim? I'm looking forward to the quadline. I've never done that and would like to see it applied.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal totally boring stage😆.
      Thanks for the nice words you two

golfnrl I have 40% Leca Air Stones in the whole pot. The top layer I always just make pure tomato soil.
    about the soil. It’s bought in a totally normal garden store. I’m paying 5€ for 50 L bag. Tomatoes and cannabis want the same PH levels, and the soil has a natural Ph between 5,8-6,5, this is why they are thriving in this soil.
    And I have the right amount of Veg nutrients for almost the whole veg stage (My experiences with this soil)

I’m looking forward to the quadline/mainline also!
    this is where the fun begins and where I can see which of the plants is handling this technique prober.

Comment

Update!
      Today I topped 4 plants at the 3 Node. And also leaving second node to grow. (Quad line)?
      my plant is to grow 6 cola on each plant, so the third node is going to get topped again for making 4 colas, and then I have 2 colas from the second node. 6 colas totally I left the leaves from 3 nose and down. Just to promote a healthy grow, until the plant is growing vigorously again.
      the five others plants are not big enough yet to get topped, so I must wait a little bit on them.

Thanks to the people who are following this experiment with the lamps. And the whole grow in general 😊

Happy growing ! Capt.
      Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 07-12-2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Weekly update !

Most of the plant got a little trim and a LST today, so I can build op my shape. The fun in starting now and the boring phase is over 😁

I still have 3 that I didn’t even made the first topping on, but they are not big enough yet, but almost !!

The mutant Is actually doing pretty good ! I made the 2. Topping on this on already.

I do still need to most the rest of the plant a second time, and it will happen in about 7-10 days, I expect

I Battled a temperature in the tent on 33-36 Celsius the last 7 days, but they held up pretty good. Glad I’m not in the flowering stage😆
        This was also the reason why I waited with the LST and the removal of the last leaves.

Any questions or suggestions are very much appreciated
        Happy growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, Cap, you have given me some good ideas for keeping my tie downs in place.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          This I’m happy for ! Giving a veteran like you some ideas, it’s pretty awesome 😎👍🏻

Lookin' good. I notice there's a plant that is offset in the pot. What's the purpose of that?
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the saucers under them, and elevated the pots with thick bamboo sticks. Then I let the run off water, evaporate by it self actually 😅 talk about lazy stuff 😂😂😂

Yea I do the same, keeping in mind it’s all for a good reason 🙏🏻

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do the same. I know we're not really supposed to let them sit in the water but I let mine either soak into my pots or evaporate. I'm pretty lazy sometimes when it comes to gardening. But in my defense, I have 68 ladies right now 😂

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine doesn’t soak into the pot again because of the thick bamboo sticks. Also I have from the bottom and 15-20 cm up, only leca stones. So they won’t soak it up again.

Well they are doing great. This is going to get exciting to me to watch the training and growth used for so many. I've only done 4 photos in my tent at once. Man you got " huevos rancheros " for attempting so many. I'm cheering for ya CaptainWiese91

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

SoOrbudgal didn’t even think about it, the LST took a while but it was expected. So far só good 😆.
          yes they are doing great, it will be fun to see the next couple of days how they respond to the LST and the second topping

Comment

Looking good Cap'n!! Are you noticing any difference between the lights yet?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              No I don’t want to grow seeds.
              It’s to easy just buying the seeds and get started. And I never want to smoke the same strain twice, the reason why I don’t keep mother plants.
              200g of one strain and I’m bored 🤣.
              So I think it’s going to be an auto tent - I let you grow the seeds 😁

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear ya! I'm gittin real bored of & buildin a tolerance to this Thai Skunk. I need to hit the dispensary & git a lil something to shake things up!

I can do that! Tell ya what- you send me some strains you wanna have pure & crossed, & a few I need & I'll send ya back a myriad of fresh new flavors you'll never run out of!

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a deal for sure 😁.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X