Plant issue's, genetics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant issue's, genetics?

So I was a bit reluctant to post this but I'm going to anyway. This being my first grow in forever I have never encountered this problem. I have read everything I can find, looked at every forum on plant issues and I'll i can come up with is bad genetics. I was going to cull the plant when it first popped as a seedling as it's first set of leafs did the same thing. A friend of mine convinced me to keep it going so I did. The attached pics are from a couple hours ago. I started two plants at the same time, big bud and a gsc/jh cross. The big bud looks amazing the cross not so much. I did get the seeds from a seed bank in California, so it's not something I just stumbled on. Both plants are in the same tent inches from each other. The crazy thing, i just started 2 new plants again from the same supplier. One is a GG4, the other was free seeds so I call it a mystery plant. No they didn't say what it was and I tried to figure it out but have not. The mystery plant is growing and looks just like the attached pics, but it's only 5 inches tall right now.
    My plants are in coco coir, i use GH trio with Cal/mag as well. My water is ph between 5.5 and 6.5, I ph the feed after its mixed to make sure it is exactly correct. Lights have been on 18/6 until today, they are now 12/12. I have LST and topped several times. They are in 5 gal fabric pots.
    The plant ever since it started out just looked like the genetics were bad, nothing else makes sense and I have yet to see any other plant that looks like this. I have no bugs, no Nats nothing. It looks like the leaf is only growing on one half the leaf. It's growing great but half the plant just don't grow leaves normally. Now the new seedling is doing the same thing. Am I missing something or is this just bad genetics? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. If I missed anything please ask.

If you're not seeing any signs of pest pressure, I think you may have a viral infection.
    TMV/HLV/Dudding will look like that.
    I have a Jack Herer I popped this spring(from a 3 yr old bean) that is doing the same thing.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I will have to look into that, I don't know that I've read anything on it. Do you know if there is a fix for it?

Comment

My first reaction was russet mites. They've been making the rounds here on the west coast of California.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X