Connecting plant to the Earth, a side by side experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting plant to the Earth, a side by side experiment

Does it feel good to take your shoes off and walk on the grass barefoot?
    ALL life has bioelectricity, and has evolved in a way that it is CONNECTED to the earth, grounded. Balancing any excess charge picked up from the environment, with the electron rich, negatively charged EARTH. Its a circuit, right?

On this principle, I recently connected a steel wire from inside the bottom of my plant pot, to a steel spike jammed into the earth, Electricaly grounded!
    The following day the leaves were noticeably more erect, the plant looked like it was "SWITCHED ON" n in comparison. (see photo!)
    ​​​​​However, this improvement also coincided with a PH adjustment, so with no way of telling if the improved vigour is due to the grounding principle, of some other variable in the plants development, I have decided to do a side by side experiment with two genetically identical cuttings from the same plant.
    Both juvenile plants will receive exactly the same treatment and kept in exactly the same environment, except one will be grounded to the earth, and one will not.
    I will post pictures as they develop,. Let's see if there is any noticeable difference....
    ​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-03-2020, 03:24 PM.
    ​​​​​​🇬🇧

I'll watch to see how they grow!

Comment

DAY 1:
      Here are both cuttings, they were quite retarded in their rooting phase, and one is healthier than the other from the start. Unfortunately I only have two, so I will give the positive bias to the control plant, that is, the one that is not connected to the grounding spike will start with the health advantage.
      Hopefully, if this principle holds true and effective, the grounded plant will recover and maybe catch up? overtake? Who knows?! That's why I'm doing it!
      And comments or views are most welcome
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-03-2020, 03:55 PM.
      ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

That's a very interesting premise. I have read that there is a school of thought that trees and plants communicate via their root systems. I allow my plant's canopies to to touch one another because it seems like they do better that way. I would be hard pressed however to ground all my plants as they are 3 stories above the ground. Nice post. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• NeBoddy
          NeBoddy commented
          Editing a comment
          @crucialbunny
          I do believe that the earth pin in your electric sockets is connected to earth, a massive grounding rod at the power station or substation. Also most copper plumbing installations(in the uk anyway) have a ground connection. It may be easier than you think👍

Still working out the kinks...

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...sla-s-daughter
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• NeBoddy
          NeBoddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard I really hope she was consenting to that torture!

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          ...um... don't know you. Not going to commit to an answer NeBoddy . I'll say it is, or is not, completely, or partially possible and/or probable that she was up for it. How about I say she didn't put up a fight.

This reminds me of an article I read in high times mag years ago about growing in total darkness. They claimed in said article that one should ground the soil, line a big box with aluminum foil, place a copper sheet in the sun and wire it to the foil in said box. In the article they claimed that if the copper was to great the plants would burn just like in the sun. A year latter I see copper all over big buildings, just decoration right, LOL
        Another article I have read said one could use positive DC voltage applied to a wire over the plants, and the negative to earth. Claim was the plants under the wire would reach for it.
        I have not tried either of these.

Comment

Day 4:
          The cutting connected to the Earth still has some "cabbaged" new leaves, but this was like that from the start. Both still growing well.
          ​​​​​​
          Attached Files
          ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

Day 9:
            Both babies growing well..
            the Earthed plant, while still showing some crinkled leaves, seems to be putting out more growth at its shoots. This could be due to stunting at its main growth tip. Time may tell...
            ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

Originally posted by NeBoddy View Post
              Does it feel good to take your shoes off and walk on the grass barefoot?
              ALL life has bioelectricity, and has evolved in a way that it is CONNECTED to the earth, grounded. Balancing any excess charge picked up from the environment, with the electron rich, negatively charged EARTH. Its a circuit, right?

On this principle, I recently connected a steel wire from inside the bottom of my plant pot, to a steel spike jammed into the earth, Electricaly grounded!
              The following day the leaves were noticeably more erect, the plant looked like it was "SWITCHED ON" n in comparison. (see photo!)
              ​​​​​However, this improvement also coincided with a PH adjustment, so with no way of telling if the improved vigour is due to the grounding principle, of some other variable in the plants development, I have decided to do a side by side experiment with two genetically identical cuttings from the same plant.
              Both juvenile plants will receive exactly the same treatment and kept in exactly the same environment, except one will be grounded to the earth, and one will not.
              I will post pictures as they develop,. Let's see if there is any noticeable difference....
              ​​​​​
              What time of day did you take the pictures? Same time or different? Interesting concept. Are things still much better?

Comment

• NeBoddy
                NeBoddy commented
                Editing a comment
                JohnEmad on the original plant, both pictures were taken at the same time of day. I move her round to catch the sun, so when she's next to the shed she s just had the last of the sun. Since Earthing the first plant, the leaves have not drooped or looked tired once., not morning, noon or night, even when she's been HEAVILY watered !!!
                Of two young plants pictured side by side, the one that is Earthed does seem to me to be showing slightly more leaf tension.
                Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-13-2020, 04:50 AM.

Day 13:
              This is getting interesting, early days, but he cutting attached to the Earthing spike seems to be overtaking the other cutting in growth rate, despite its deformed leaves. 🤔
              ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                very interesting.
                Thinking of how to do the connectivity thing for indoor plants.

• NeBoddy
                NeBoddy commented
                Editing a comment
                @JohnEmad
                It should be very easy, think of your kettle, toaster, desk lamp et Al, they should all be connected to Earth.

Question, at some point are you going to swap the plants around to see if the extra growth is then moved to the smaller plant?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Say what Rwise i'm just tripping on what he's trying to do? Rather ying yang but i'm trying to get it LOL

• NeBoddy
                NeBoddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Rwise no I'm not planning to swap the plant over. As there both genetically and environmentaly identical, I thought it best to let them both run their course and see if there is an noticeable or significant difference in plant health, yield etc

• NeBoddy
                NeBoddy commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal I'm uncertain if it's hippy yoghurt weaving, or science we're not taught in the mainstream.... However, a friend/student of Nicole Tesla named Georges Lachovsky wrote a book called 'the secret of life' (published on the day the 2nd World War started, so never widely distributed) in which he describes all life as resonating electrical circuits.
                Also, since "ph" is a measure of potential hydrogen, positively charged h ions(acid), vs negatively charged oh ions(alkaline), the" sweetspot" that we sometimes find as growers when the pH and nutrients are just perfect, may possibly relates to electrical charge and conductivity being just right inside the plant.
                My intuition leads me to wonder and investigate whether being connected to the Earth ie the root space electrically grounded, may be beneficial to the plant.
                Looking at it from the perspective of an electric universe, life etc, perhaps it allows some self regulation of the charge, voltage etc inside the plant.

But I don't know much, and I'm certainly no scientist, just want to see if there's anything in it👍

Ps... I also "throat sing" to them when I've snapped them, to hit them wiith some cymatic overtones, to hopefully promote healing..... But that's another story!!!LOL🤣🤣
                Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-21-2020, 10:37 AM.

HOMEOSTASIS!! that's the word I was looking for...... Does a connection to Earth electrically aid a plant(or any organism) to achieve homeostasis, compared to a plant that never connects to the ground? My original honeysuckle says "yes"
              ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

Decided to top both plants to root some more cuttings.
                The Earthed plants top leaves are still more pointed up than the other.....
                ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X