Air Extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Extraction

Need help with my Air removal, I really am struggling to understand why my Grow Tent looks like it's gonna burst, I've tried removing Fans adding Fans so i took the system out i took it all apart replaced the Ducting & cut the length of the run down, my Tents 3'5x3.5x6' I've a 5"Carbon Filter/Fan 7" Oscillating Fan, 6" Oscillating Fan & 4" Inlet Fan every thing I've tried has failed can anyone help me with this?
    thanks very much for any assistance?✌️

Show us some pictures of your set up and a picture of makes you believe there to be a problem
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• AuldReekie
      AuldReekie commented
      Editing a comment
      No it's quite alright thanks anyway

I have heard of the opposite issue where the extraction fan sucks the sides in but never heard of a tent about to burst. It seems to me you may have a fan that brings air into the tent but not out of the tent is my guess. Change your setup for passive intake and you should be fine.

Comment

You say you have a 4" inlet fan, is that pushing air into the tent or pulling it out?
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Howdy AuldReekie, With out photos or a sketch of the set up, it sounds like all of the fans (or fan) needs to be turned around the other direction. (not trying to be funny or condescending).
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• AuldReekie
          AuldReekie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks mate but all my Fans are pointed the right way 4" Inlet Fan blowing fresh air into bottom of tent, 7 & 6" Oscillating Fans Inside blowing above the Girls, Carbon Filter 5" Fan extracting air out, tbh it must be the CF/5" Fan I don't think it's strong enough, reckon I need a 6" Carbon Filter/Fan, my 5" worked perfect on previous Smaller Tent which I may slip back to using? Thanks ✌️

So u have 4" inlet fan pushing air in and no extraction ? normal that your tent pressure is above ambient you're pushing air in. If that's the case turn the fan around so it sucks air out instead.

You want the the inline fan sucking air through the carbon filter and then pushing clean air outside your tent through the exhaust. You could also filter the exhaust instead but the first config is usually recommended.

Comment

• AuldReekie
          AuldReekie commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an Extraction System no offence but did you read the Original Post?
          Thank you all the same.

You have positive air pressure. More air coming in than is being sucked out. Try a larger extraction fan, or slow down the air coming into the tent.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• AuldReekie
          AuldReekie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much that sounds more like it
          I added the extra Oscillating fan because my 7" started acting up then started working properly after playing about with it, can't find decent Oscillating Fans for love nor decent money. Gonna remove the 6" out see how she goes cheers for that info much appreciated ✌️

You dont need to push air into your tent...Just crank that 5" up and keep your oscillating fans on. That should give you negative pressure. If its too severe, slightly open a vent or two
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
          You dont need to push air into your tent...Just crank that 5" up and keep your oscillating fans on. That should give you negative pressure. If its too severe, slightly open a vent or two
          Thanks very much for the heads up very much appreciated

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X