Pruning advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning advice

Should I prune the lower growth or leave her alone. Plant was recently topped last week. Thank u for the advise.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of those middle and lower fans could probably go which will cause some of that new growth to branch. It looks like a good plant that would benefit from a little training to help fill out. Nice!

Leaf it alone - you don't have enough leaves to lose any - let it grow.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck, I'm curious why do you suggest leaving all the leaves? I am absolutely not questioning your knowledge or experience so please don't think I'm being critical of your reply. My experience has been that selective trimming can encourage new growth and branching in healthy plants. Like so many others here I'm trying to learn and would really appreciate your insight regarding this. From what I have seen here you have a deep well of knowledge and experience. Thanks

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cuz I don't see any bud site being blocked by leaves - try thinking these leaves are sugar factories for the rest of the plant - how many of these sugar factories do you think you can lose?

Thank you for the advise. I will do as you say leave her alone. Thanks again

Comment

It may be too late, but you can try LST.

Comment

Depends on what u want to do tho them. Outdoor or indoor? When they are in veg u can do just about anything to them and they will recover. In general, once u have a plan start it, u want to remove some of the lower growth. Gets little light down there anyway. I grew a bunch of bag seeds just to see what I could and could not do to them. Some of them I downright abused. They all came back, even the ones that I striped bare and tried to dry it out. Just experiment.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks CK. They are outdoors in Connecticut. I started them outside on Mothers Day. They get plenty of sun on my deck. Hopefully it's enough for them. I have two plants that are growing identical. Maybe I'll experiment with one and leave the other alone.

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            hey Chrismach, if their outdoor, and they get good sunlight..just let them grow. No training or defoliation necessary. Maybe move them around every so often just to make sure all sides get good sun. Thats the nice thing about outdoor grows. Cant beat that sunlight, you just have to water it. I have 4 outside..easy peasy..and 7 in a tent. They need constant training/defoliation/care so i can provide enough artificial light as possible.

Good idea. That is how u learn. Don't be afraid to experiment.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone. I appreciate the knowledge.

Comment

There was allot of different advice so I thought maybe I should put in my two cents as well... most of what everyone is saying is right in different situations. Being that you are growing outside the way you topped her is perfect. Now if you are not afraid of her getting to big I would transplant her into a 10 gallon pot or larger preferably fabric my preference anyway. The bigger the pot the bigger your pot will get. All the LST and defoliation are great for indoors because you only have light coming from the top and you have a roof. The sun will get ultimate penetration from all directions and you can grow literal TREES. I'm jealous because I moved to a place I can't grow outside anymore and have to grow little tiny plants now I used to have to use a 6' ladder to check my trichomes
              hope my two cents was worth at least a penny ...... good luck
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Chrismach
                Chrismach commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you MeEasy. I live in a condominium complex so I am a little worried about nosey neighbors and our landscaping crew especially. My problem is (and what a great problem to have I guess) is that I planted 5 seeds and all 5 sprouted on my windowsill almost overnight but all 5 look to be females! I was only expecting 50% male to female ratio so I planned for only 2 or 3 plants. I would never just kill any of these beautiful plants but I'm worried that all five will take over my deck and be noticible or they will stink really bad (good). I was hoping that by topping that I would minimize the vertical growth of the plant and allow her to become bushier and let them fill up the entire area of my deck if they have to . I have a few really big tomato plants that I am using for natural cover. I can't find anyone I really trust to give one to as I spent alot of time and a few bucks on these plants. Sorry for the long message and thank you for your input and advise.

Like I said everything said above was right in the right situation and it sounds like you have a little different situation size is important for you so training is going to be your friend. I am on my fourth indoor grow so my training experience is still in the learning stage. Just a thought though I'm thinking if it were my decision I would figure out a way to put a net over them to possibly keep them shorter again I'm not a training pro not even close but by looking at other indoor grows a net I believe it is called SCROG would really make your balcony a waist high sea of green
              again good luck

EDIT... it's gonna stink 4sure
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

It's been about a month and a half and I just wanted to throw up some update pics.

Comment

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now that's a lovely newbie garden of weed, great bag seed grow you should be proud

• golfnrl
                    golfnrl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Chrismach...looks like you have the gift of growing...nice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X