Should I lose the lower popcorn buds? - WW middle of week 5 flowering phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I lose the lower popcorn buds? - WW middle of week 5 flowering phase

4 WW plants in 4 x 4 tent middle of week five of flowering phase, a little crowded but plants seem to be doing okay so far. I have trimmed dozens of lower fan leaves from each plant over the last 3 weeks or so. I have been reluctant to trim the stems that have buds that are under the canopy and I am wondering if I should start trimming some of he smaller stems with small buds that are on the bottom half of the plants? I am thinking if I trim these maybe the plants can focus more energy on getting more dense buds up top like the one in the last photo.

Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts.

Trim 3 and leave one untrimmed then see if you like doing it.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I'd say it's more of a judgment call.
      I will normally monitor bud development across the plant and remove lower sections that are not growing as fast.
      You still have a ton of leaf on those plants and airflow is going to be an issue.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

That's a beautiful plant. Honestly, I kinda doubt that losing those popcorn buds is going to redirect plant energy to the remaining buds. It's much to far along for that. Maybe thin a few of the fan leaves to let the popcorn have a bit more light and air and continue to fatten up. I've harvested tops and allowed the lower nuggets to fatten up a bit more. They're gonna have the same amount of THC as the tops even if they aren't as impressive. Very nice job!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X