Auto flowering issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto flowering issues

I planted 2 Northern Lights autoflowering plants 2 months ago, the seeds were from the same batch. They have both been treated identically but both have grown very differently. One is very green but showing very buds whilst the other's leaves are very yellow, it has buds but the Trichomes are very small and hard to see. See photo.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

If you've been feeding the same nutes, check the pH level of both plants
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Is the yellow girl closer to the light or getting extra hot or cold breeze? Can't be sure but it looks a little like either light burn or temperature stressed.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

The lights are directly above both equally.

Comment

Oh crap I didn't notice the 1st time I looked at your pics but are those holes or black spots on the leaves? Looks like holes if so you have pests of some kind.
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

These are pictures of mite damage. Go to growweedeasy.com not the forum and search pests they have allot of pictures and how to tell what bug you have then how yo get gid of them
            I would separate the plants until you are sure of what it is even if it's disease and not bugs you don't want to infect the other one
            good luck

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            3 gallon pots all autos

👇my one n only journal👇

Comment

What kind of soil are you using? How big is the pots ?
              is the Ph levels the same in both pots ?
              You much nutrients have you been feeding them ?

To me it looks like nutrient burn. The dark green one, have burned leaf tips. What it looks to me, when I zoom in.
              The pale one - looks also nutrient burned to me. Way many leaf tips are burned and even pointing upwards. Just more severe looking..
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I'm using Cana organic soil and feeding them 1ml biobloom daily. Not sure of ph level in pots will research how to measure.

Comment

There aren't any holes in the leaves and no sign of pests. The yellowing plant has received exactly the same treatment. They've both been growing for approx 60 days. The yellowing one has buds more advanced than the other as well. Incidentally that was the one that grew higher more quickly than the other after germination. Could it be an issue with one of the seeds?

Comment

1ml Daily is too much. you can’t feed the plant every day. So you water also every day ?

I think you have a nutrient burn problem. On both of them.
                    yes I know you gave them the same treatment, but plants don’t always need the same treatment, nor the same amount of water/ and nutrients.

No this is not the seeds - it’s a grower problem. You have it too much love. Make a flush
                    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

There isn't a problem - that's just how they grow sometimes - I have the same happening right now - one has buds that are loose and larfy like yours and the other is growing the way I expected both to grow - with dense hard packed buds that are thickening up.
                      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                      Mars Hydro
                      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 nailed it here. Just because the they are the same kind of plant and even if the seeds came from the same bud they will still have their own distinct characteristics and genetic differences. Even clones that share the same exact DNA will develop differently. I have had clones from the same donor flower and bud at different times under identical conditions. Let them play out and take care of them based on what they are telling you they want. Leaves on one paler than the other? Then give that pale one a little more nitrogen. and see how it does. One starting to show bud? Give it a little bloom feed. Just do it in moderation gradually. The only way you are going to see changes overnight is when you burn it up with too many nutrients. Low and slow in my opinion is the way to go. Best of luck to you and your girls.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm going to change the light schedule to 12 hours from 18 to see if that helps the buds growth.

Comment

If they're autos give em a good flush, cut the nutes,let em dry out,water only when needed and leave the lights on 24-7 that'll help bud growth

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X