opinions on maximizing yeild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on maximizing yeild

first grow...4 females..all topped at early age...currently 8 weeks old..opinions on maximizing yield pls!..tks guys

You didn't post any specifics like if they are indoor, outdoor, clone, or seed. It looks like they are hungry for a bit more light. The long thin stems and subsequent bending under the weight of the leaves indicates they are stretching too much looking for more light. If you want to maximize your yield I suggest you stake or cage them to support the bud growth when it occurs and give them more light. Fans will also help with strengthening those branches. The color looks perfect so it appears you are feeding them well. Without more node growth in there, yield may end up with slim pickings at harvest. There's still plenty of time to boost them up and in my opinion more light will help. Best of luck

Comment

First thing I see to your advantage is space. That's one of the biggest factor. You're free to use any techniques, and I assume you're growing indoor. You could experiment with each plant using different training techniques as well. Mainlining is a very popular technique to learn.
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Originally posted by Matty101 View Post
        first grow...4 females..all topped at early age...currently 8 weeks old..opinions on maximizing yield pls!..tks guys
        Your plants are quite small for 2 months.
        What are you growing in? Any drains in those buckets?
        Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

I tend to allow my girls to grow to about 5-6 nodes and then top to the 4th node.
        I keep the 3rd node-set and strip everything below that.
        After the 3rd and 4th nodes sprout new growth, I will top the pair of branches on the 4th node.
        That leaves me with 6 main colas and a ton or tertiary branches.
        I use trellis nets to spread out the canopy.

Last edited by gbauto; 06-28-2020, 09:05 PM.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

More light would help

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X