Leaves are turning brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves are turning brown

Hey I am a novice grower. Some of the leaves on my bubble gum kush clone are starting to turn brown. I noticed that it got worse after I transplanted it a few days ago. Any ideas from some experienced growers?
    Attached Files

What are you growing in? What are you feeding them and how frequently? What's the strain?
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

I am growing a Bubble Gum Kush clone in a mixture of Triple Mix and Promix Organic Vegetable and Herb Mix contained in a fabric vivo sun 10 gal pot. I recently transplanted it from a much smaller pot plastic pot which the roots had outgrown. I haven't been feeding the plant as the Promix soil provides it with fertalizer for up to 3 months.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Do all those potting soil mix have ferts in them i know promix does? She may just want some fish/guano fert feed. Monterey is a good brand and alaska fish fert. another decent inexpensive brand. She looks rather hungrey for some N to me.

I took a picture of the fertilizer percentages in the Promix Organic soil. It does contain Nitrogen although I'm not sure if it's enough. When I transplanted it a few days ago the leaves were turning yellow. I assumed it to be from being in too small of a pot. Since then the leaves have started to turn brown.
      Attached Files

Comment

If the roots looked ok at transplant, I'd say she's hungry.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

If I was to venture a guess based on what I can see, the yellowing leaves at the bottom look like they've just run their course. Honestly the leaves look nothing like any bubblegum kush I've ever seen. The plant looks healthy albeit a bit on the pale side. I have to agree with others here that it's calling out for some nitrogen. The grow bag was an excellent choice. A quick and easy solution might be to try some ammonium sulfate dissolved in water or sprinkled on the top of your soil and a good drench. Just keep in mind when you give nutrition less is always best. I've had my fair share of over fertilizing catastrophes. Best of luck -

Comment

The yellowing started before transplant, you now need to watch new growth! The plant is eating those leaves and reclaiming the mobile nutes in them. When she is done they will fall off.

Comment

Thank you very much for all of the advice fellas!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X