Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerned first timer

Hi Folks !
    My ladies are in prime ! Got a microscope to inspect the buds. Not sure if it is time to harvest.
    Secondly one of the plant which has the maximum buds started to having brown spots on leaves. Calcium dihydrate, espom salt and watering didn't help. I even flushed it outdoors thinking it is pH issue. No improvement and now concerned it may effect the produce.

Your expertise is greatly appreciated !

Merci !

S
    Attached Files

Hi Srini..the pics are a little blurry. kinda hard to see the trichs. How long have the plants been in flower?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Srini
      Srini commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi golfnrl ! It has been around 2-3 weeks now. In my grow tent the lights are on timer (12-12). Have one White widow with the brown spotted leafs(looks really bad this morning) and one is called blue dank which has nice robust leafs and good white pistils

It looks a little early. Click image for larger version

Name:	Trichome ripeness.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	420438

Comment

• Srini
      Srini commented
      Editing a comment
      This is super useful. Thanks!

I agree with above still needs a little time. The trichomes tops will start to look a little milky white then tan. Remember though if you harvest when milky your smoke will have a more uplifting affect and as they tan your smoke will have a more couch riding affect. So timing is important once you see any trichomes get milky you need to watch daily. I personally cut them as soon as I see just a couple tri turn tan because my ol lady likes the up affect.... I'm not a smoker just enjoy the challenge of growing and the byproduct saves $.. Also even more important than anything else is the actual curing process. If you don't take the time to cure properly you will lose your flavors and potency making all the work done to grow not worthless but worth less
    good luck
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

This browning is happening on the leaves and are crumbling. Not sure how to intervene.
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a calcium deficiency happening.
        Can you explain what the Calcium dihydrate is?
        The only thing I can find similar is some type of desiccant.
        Pics of the foliage from top to bottom will help with nute issues.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          There fore the Annhydrous calcium Chloride simply has a higher over all amount of calcium by weight. CaCl2 which has a molecular weight of 110.98 g/mol. Allegedly this would mean it is 100% calcium chloride. ... In the real world the calcium chloride dihydrate is said to vary from 77% to 80% calcium chloride.
          It has less calcium than what we normally use.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Calcium chloride is often added as a firming agent, which limits the tomatoes' ability to break down during cooking. ... Many crushed and diced canned tomatoes are thickened with tomato puree (tomatoes that have been cooked and strained), which changes the flavor of the sauce. Read the label.
          Another little bit

Thanks !
        It is called calcium sulfate dihydrate. Not sure who recommended it but is seems like it doesn't work.
        I have these nutes with me. Any suggestions on which one would be appropriate for the phase in life this lady is in🥴?

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
        That looks like a calcium deficiency happening.
        Can you explain what the Calcium dihydrate is?
        The only thing I can find similar is some type of desiccant.
        Pics of the foliage from top to bottom will help with nute issues.
        Attached Files

Comment

Much appreciate your responses. Pics of the condition my plants are in. Gave them these suppliments earlier in a 7 liter can I added close to 20 ml of each ( Label on the containers suggest 4ml/liter)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Srini; 06-26-2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X