defund police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defund police?

An Amazon van ran out in front of my truck and I hit it. Residential street slow speed lots of vehicle damage no one hurt at all. Someone on the street called 911. 6 county leos each in different vehicle,two paramedics and one fire truck showed up. No one hurt at all no hazardous spilled. No tickets issued. All county employees still on scene talking and laughing as I left an hour later.

Thank god they didn't use the choke hold...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I am all for getting rid of and using different tactics to subdue non violent crimes. But i don't like the term " defund " i would say reform/restructure the way SOME not all police depts. use weapons that are deadly.

This can go deep so hope folks that start saying things don't get too worked.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        How about, "Defund white supremacy"?

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      I am all for getting rid of and using different tactics to subdue non violent crimes. But i don't like the term " defund " i would say reform/restructure the way SOME not all police depts. use weapons that are deadly.

This can go deep so hope folks that start saying things don't get too worked.
      Well said SoOrbudgal. For an orderly society we need police. Lord of the Flies comes to mind.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I can see the argument, stop buying cops swat gear and militar grade weapons and put more money into social programs, housing, food stamps, MEDICAL AND MENTAL CARE, that sort of stuff. That being said. He problem with the police and racism is way deeper. I welcome you all to do some research on what the first police force was for in America and how openly it’s designed to enforce white supremacy. The rest of the world is watching, the only developed country with that kind of racist violence and disregard for human rights. Thats the true #1 of America

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Great minds think alike: de facto, the police work to make sure white folks feel safe. And white folks tend to be hella terrified of black folks... again, because of the myths of white supremacy.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I heard a black woman tell a reporter a few days back “white people should be glad black people want equality and not revenge”

Atrocities have been committed against human kind since before recorded history by those holding power.
        Race, color, religious group etc all play a part in segregation and misuse of power.
        It will take the far majority changing all at once to make true change.
        don't see that happening anytime soon.

Comment

Yeah, I'm about to be gingerbeard the unpopular.
          How about considering another person called 911 and described to the operator a completely different accident.
          Firetrucks carry paramedics and are often first on the scene. Police also have first aid training. In my little city, we have two Sheriff's deputies on duty at any one time. We have an agreement with surrounding communities that should one be in need of assistance, other departments come to help, and we reciprocate. At a glance, four cop cars showing up to take care of a homeless person is one of those defunding arguments. Many of these folks are so completely perma-fried and Schizophrenic that it takes more than one cop to handle business. At a glance, five cop cars showing up for a kid who didn't want to go home with his mom is one of those defunding arguments. Until you find out the kid has learning disability enough to wear a GPS device. And you see one of the cops run to the hamburger joint to get a bunch of French fries. And you see him hand the other cops French fries, the kid getting last. By the time the kid got his, he was a part of the group of big men who were there to take him home. Which one did, in hand.
          An hour of shooting the shit with a gaggle of first responders tells me there wasn't much else as important as what was going on. Would there have been, you would have probably been left alone faster than you were assisted.
          All the seriously fucked up shit going on puts a new shadow on what is primarily and was founded as an altruistic institution. One that has been coming for a long time and will change pretty much goddamn everything about policing, which is great. Every one of the people I know with a history of being arrested dislikes police because they were arrested for things like felony drug possession, drunk driving, and burglary.
          Until every single person is satisfied with what reform gets made, and until cops can't kill people, there will always be a rift. And for those who have never needed police and other 'superfluous' first responders, the first time you do, you will have a new appreciation for their work.
          I'm a middle aged white guy and have been the minority but have zero idea what it's like to be racially profiled by police. That is not part of this particular conversation.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Gingerbeard your opinion/thoughts are valid. I am a older mixed strain born in the USA American woman. I was never " racially profiled by police " personally never saw it except on the news coming out of Chicago, New York, Atlanta, L.A. & other big cities. I don't get why we need to change EVERYTHING for sake of feelings. I don't want our families ancestral histories to be washed away.

Bad cops, bad teachers, bad priests, bad doctors and lying con artist politicians will not go away by kneeling or bowing. Should not be rocket science to fix this.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Rocket science is easy, SObg. It's numbers. One equation will fit the same situation, every time, as long as you don't forget to carry the one. People, en masse, have no single rationality. No single goal. No single idea. No polarity. No dogma. No leader.
            When it comes down to man-against-man struggle, those who are lead the best will prevail.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X