Dwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwc

First time grower here and im using a dwc grow in a 12 gallon tote i actually had a few questions would it be possible for me to grow 2 plants in one tote and would i have to up the nutes for 2 plants in one tote or would they stay the same being it the same tote?

Yeah, but I would try to find 2 plants that like the same (or close) amounts of nutes. If you pick a heavy feeder and a light feeder, you may run into issues with one of them.
    nute concentration remains the same with extra plants added (feed as normal). Might need a larger reservoir the more plants that are added. You will have to replace nutes and water more often with 2 plants than you would with 1 plant in a single tote.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I grow four plants in a 5 gallon reservoir.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

For my last grow, I put six plants from five different strains in two twelve-gallon totes and did manage to grow them all out. Only two strains produced well and they shaded out the shorter ones. The best yield was about five ounces. The worst yield was about an eighth of popcorn. I did that in a 3'x3' tent. I learned not to do that again. I also learned that the new LED would probably pay for itself if used properly! Before that, under T5s I could only manage two per tote and one plant always dominated its totemate. You'd be a whole lot better off to keep just one vigorously growing plant per tote and make good use of manifolding or ScrOG to get all you can out of the one.

Also, if you have holes made for more net pots than you are going to grow, good. You will need access to the reservoir without lifting the lid and jostling the plants. Save the discs you cut out from the lid. For each hole that won't be occupied with a plant place a net pot in that hole with a disc cut from the lid covering it to keep light out. If you've already tossed those, use hydroton to fill the net pots or just cover the pot with foil. Light that gets in can cause root rot and that stuff will break your heart.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Yes, it's possible.
          But as Toker mentioned, some strains tolerate different nute concentrations.
          I usually grow in 17 gal totes in my UC system, but my neighbor uses the 12 gal totes on her DWC system and runs single plants in each.
          They will fill the tote with roots after each cycle, so keep that in mind when adding additional plants.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

My plants so far looking pretty healthy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X