Odor control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odor control

I already have a big heavy light hanging so didn’t want to add any extra weight but looking to control the odor my ladies are giving off.
    I bought a 195cfm exhaust fan to suck the odor out and push it threw a hose and out a window but that aroma needs to be masked so people walking by don’t suspect or get offended.

A college grower in my neighborhood said Ona blocks work great and I was just curious if anyone else used any type of odor gel or block that worked wonders.

as a last resort I may have to get a Corbin filter and set it up outside my tent. My tent is 4x4x6.
    thanks in advance.

The only prevention is that carbon filter my friend. If you are highly concerned about the smell, you can either buy a 7$ bottle of odor stabilizer 4 times a week for thr entire flowering period or invest in a 6" carbon filter for 40-60$ which last much longer.
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Might try and place the odor block out of its container at the end of the hose that blows out the window. Last resort would be buying that filter which I may need when the smells gets powerful.

Comment

Mine is just starting to get smelly. 1 1/2 into veg. If I grab the main stem to do checks my hand smells like skunk. As humidity rises so will odor.
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

I've used an ONA block. They are real smelly. They work for masking odors but should not be put anywhere near your air supply. I've heard your plants will take up a lot of the odor from the ONA. Definitely make it towards the end of your exhaust.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Ona will add or subtract flavor from your plants. Carbon filter is the way to go.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

yep, get a carbon filter rated higher than your fan and you shouldnt need to worry about venting outside. And i dont think the Ona blocks are suppose to be kept in the same room as your tent..i may be mistaken
              And EzPz..are you growing all those plants that are in your avitar? Your gonna need a bigger fan filter combo i think...and maybe a bigger tent!
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Comment

• EzPz
                EzPz commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 3 tents for perpetual growing.

• EzPz
                EzPz commented
                Editing a comment
                My fan is 195cfm. Which carbon filter on Amazon would you recommend?
                It is actually really helping with temp and humidity. I installed it today.

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                what fan are you using? Brand? At 195cfm im guessing a 4" opening? Most of the ones i saw were around $50-60 dollars. But they were only rated for 200cfm. I'm sure you"ll overload that once things start getting smelly. The next option was $150 range, but high grade filters.rated up to 400+cfm(best choice) . OR, You could always get a 6"filter and a flange reducer to your 4" fan. I dont think you"ll over power a 6" filter...

Just get a pet skunk and tell everyone it's his fault!
              Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
              Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ellz

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                You can borrow my hubby post spicy dinner

Carbon filter. Hand down. Ona is good for the rest of the house but never put it in the same room as the tent unless you want shitty tasting weed. Had a friend who put his in the same room and man his weed tasted like deodorizer and was almost un-smokable...but it was dry at the time (meaning hard to find weed) so my mouth tasted like flowers for a week!

Comment

Yea the ona block would be in the window seal exhausting the odor outward threw a window but I think I’ll get a ona block for my grow room and a carbon filter for my flower tent. My med tent and seedling tent don’t smell, well they smell
                of soil and fert that’s why I need the ina block.

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Still, i wouldnt keep it in the grow room. The air pulled into the tent is the same air unless you are pulling fresh air from the outside. Ona and deodorizers are better for the rest of the house but the grow room should have not have any. I mean best case scenario it removes the taste and smell from your buds, worst case it make it taste like it. I have had ona tasting buds...I mean we spend months caring for our plants, it would be a shame to have them ruined by a deodorizer.

No worries. My new exhaust fan is clearing out the the room of the odor. Venting in/out a near window.

Comment

Decided to go with the carbon filter 210cfm coupled with a 195cfm exhaust fan. That extra $40 was hard to let go lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                    yep, get a carbon filter rated higher than your fan and you shouldnt need to worry about venting outside. And i dont think the Ona blocks are suppose to be kept in the same room as your tent..i may be mistaken
                    And EzPz..are you growing all those plants that are in your avitar? Your gonna need a bigger fan filter combo i think...and maybe a bigger tent!
                    No sir I have 4 outside, 16 in my seedling tent, 1 in my med tent and 6 in my flower tent.

Comment

Carbon. Filter. Done. It will last a few years.
                      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

I built carbon filters for my fish tanks when I was breeding livebearers in 3rd grade..... I'm sure it would be even easier to do a dry one & it's the same principle...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X