• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its raining so won't be doing a 2nd attempt with mine until dry and sunny

cheers

Comment

Kinda confused here.... 1st I didn't get big piles of sacs like vostok
      & 2 they didn't all open at once like I expected. In fact I've been collecting "ripe" (I hope) ones for 8days & more keep growing & opening. Here they are this morning- a few brownish, a few opening green & a bunch of new little ones coming up.
      ....? What's my best course of action?
      Attached Files

Comment

Should I keep plucking the ones that start to crack & let the tiny new ones mature? Cut her down & rub them all off to dry together- ready or not?

Comment

Bump.
          Sorry if I sound pushy but I'm thinkin this is kinda time sensitive & I need some experienced instruction. Thanks

Comment

My apologies, my internet has been so dodgy the last few weeks and I've been super busy.

I think you're getting too antsy, let them develop. I don't remove anything until they start to open naturally on the plant which could take a month or more. They never open all at once, I usually get 2 or 3 that open on the first day and I'll start pollinating that day which is actually today for me. If you want I will take my time and post pics of what I do in this thread today/tonight.

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              Not a problem Amigo thanks.
              So they started to crack on the 16th & on the 19th a whole bunch opened. That would've been 1 day before 4wks of spray. I collected a bunch of them to dry. Sat will be 5wks & a few open every day & I pluck the few that look like they're about ready to open.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be amazing- just as good would be to bump your thread again & I'll post so I can find it for myself lol. That was a great thread.

Hey thanks everyone for walkin me through this & bein patient. It's been a fun grow.
            Well- We'll see how I did in 4-6wks I guess. Free seeds for all if I did good!
            I never did git a mountain of pods..... (Could that be because I used Large particle silver?) so I let it go for 6wks pollinating naturally, clipped the heads & shook em out over the top of & brushed the 3wk old flowers & tossed the donor. Next day I took them all out of the tent, misted it good, turned off the AC & zipped it up till it hit 60% & 95°F for 10min or so then put the girls back in when it got back to 35% & 80°.

Comment

Well shit. The girls are finishing too fast. It's only been 6wks since they started flowering & were 1st exposed to pollen & 3 since I pulled the donor. It takes up to 6wks for seeds to ripen- right? ........ Idk if 3 of these girls are gonna make 3 more wks. They are purple n ambering up pretty quick.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard up to 6 weeks. Mine are usually cut down around 4.5 weeks after pollination and I'd say 95% are ripe at that stage. I am sure there are some types that take longer. I've pulled seeds from living plants around 3.5 weeks after pollination and grew them out. I had mother and daughter autoflowers growing together for a few days before mom got the chop.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I heard too so I timed it for an Aug 16thish chop..... if the girls had made it to 9wks as should've been expected....

But then I can't see any seeds forming anyways & remembering the control spraying that vostok mentioned I can't help but wonder if I killed all my pollen with hydrogen peroxide whilst chasing WPM??? & maybe that's also why I didn't get the mountain of pods ya'll do?? Or could that be because I used large particle silver? Does that make a difference?

Or are there seeds my untrained eye is missing?

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Isn't that the mix? 50/50 water & peroxide? It's the 3%.
                But anyways the point at hand is do you think I killed the pollen with the moisture?
                Last edited by JDU; 07-26-2020, 04:16 PM.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Reading that I see it could be taken as rude- I hope it didn't git taken that way.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not seeing any swollen calyx looking like a seed pod.

hi i am a novice this might be a bit advanced but if iright your spraying a femal with silver she pollinating without a male and the seeds are femenized can u set up some instruction orjust reply happy harvest

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                There is tutorials one the growweedeasy.com site 👍🏻

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Find the thread "Making feminized seeds" by FunkyButtLovin

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                growell all is good but this is his first attempt not a good time to ask read up either here or google making seeds.

what is the process called i havent much of a clue what there talking about cheers mate

Comment

Are these seeds I see poking out of the Mango!?!?!

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is that a good idea or not?

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As long as you don't damage them, you can get 'em out any way you want. They are easier to pop out when everything is dry.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😎👍😎
                  Thanks!

The BCP looks like she's loaded but awhile away...?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's hard to tell but it looks like there could be several in there.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X