Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry trim, wet trim, or a bit of both?

Hi folks,

I am harvesting my second grow and trying to fine-tune my processes. I am doing this work alone, and I'm just curious what other solo harvesters are doing. Here's what I do now: I cut the plant from the top down, using pieces of the main branch as little hooks to hang the branches. I manicure the wet branches then let everything dry before going back to fully trim before curing. I would love to know what others do. With this method, it takes me hours and hours to do one plant. Maybe that's just how it goes!

Here's some video of trichomes under my microscope: Trichomes at harvest and some harvest pics - pic 1 & pic 2

SimpleGrower12's Grow Journal
    Last edited by SimpleGrower12; 05-31-2020, 03:52 PM.

Hey SimpleGrower12
    I have a phased harvest. Phase one is trimming all the big fans while they're on the plant. I do this a day or two before. Hit it casual. A little now, a little after a bowl. Phase two is cutting branches and trimming anything that doesn't have sugar. Phase three is trimming the sugar leaves and hanging branches. It keeps the fans and non sugar leaves in a compost pile and the sugar leaves go for whatever your heart desires.
    In the end, really, I think we all can agree, alltatup a marijuana product of your choice should be imbibed through all phases of harvest.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll vape to that.

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your ways. I like the idea of spreading it out more so I appreciate this.

Hello offering the way that I do trimming. I do cut each branch several at a time. Remove largest fan leaf and any that I can stem cut except the really frosty tiny suger leaf right in the bud. I will then trim the colas and yes it does take hrs if it's a large plant. And the way Gingerbeard does is great also. Put some music on have a toke go slow trim few branches get up and stretch.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the stretching tip. I was sore for a day or two because I did not stretch. Other than that, I think the way I currently trim now is closest to your method. I see you have a 3x3 tent. I would love to see your light set up if you don’t mind. I have a 2x2 that needs some reconfiguring.

Originally posted by SimpleGrower12 View Post
    Hi folks,

I am harvesting my second grow and trying to fine-tune my processes. I am doing this work alone, and I'm just curious what other solo harvesters are doing. Here's what I do now: I cut the plant from the top down, using pieces of the main branch as little hooks to hang the branches. I manicure the wet branches then let everything dry before going back to fully trim before curing. I would love to know what others do. With this method, it takes me hours and hours to do one plant. Maybe that's just how it goes!

Here's some video of trichomes under my microscope: Trichomes at harvest and some harvest pics - pic 1 & pic 2

SimpleGrower12's Grow Journal

a dremmel and a bbg screen with bucket to catch trim below works well ....save bulk time too

I did buy in a great trimmer, only to find my clients 'pissed with trimmed flowers demanding the trim back ...lol

back to start for me

good luck

Comment

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      First of all beautiful buds! Wow! That setup is dope. I’d love a how-to on that.

I trimmed these 5/22, took about 30 min. each, they're in the pots as I type, finishing and drying. Just what works for me. Auto grower.

Comment

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the pics, really nice plants! So you trim in the pot, and leave it in the pot to dry too?

Dry trimm only. I do remove the leaves with stems but never cut leaves because the plant looses moisture too fast. Also the only way to go tru big harvests is dry trimm because you cannot wet trimm everything at the same time the same day.

Comment

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right. The way I’m doing it now, it does take days to harvest. That’s interesting about the impacts on speed of drying. I wonder if controlling the humidity helps to slow down the drying enough that it’s ok to wet trim? I have my humidity super dialed in.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah every climate is different. I keep my rh 55-60 in the room I dry. They also dry up differently. Like the moisture from the stem is released tru the sliced leaves instead of permeating to the outer bud over time. Only people that can’t do dry trim should do wet trim in my opinion. For example if you live in somewhere that’s always 80+ rh

Looks like I’m the only one who do wet trimming 😆
    I trim my plants when I harvest, a full trim.
    Then I dry them for 7-10 days and then for the curing process.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• SimpleGrower12
      SimpleGrower12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did this on 2/3 of my harvest this time around. I’m really curious to see the outcomes because it does feel more efficient to only touch the buds one time basically.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      True.
      My experience with wet trim, It’s much more easier to cut all leaves and especially sugar leaves, when they are not curled into the bud and dried

I get a good Coffee make a full pot ......schedule that day to do nothing but trim ....Enjoy your Harvest examen you buds .....and yes I am a wet trimmer for me anyway where I dry I get better airflow
    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait a second 420chicano you drink coffee when you trim? My god, man! That just ain't right! I know your bud is all wet and stuff but you gotta find you something cannabis rather than caffeine. Get some THC infused milk for your coffee. Scrape up your scissor and finger hash and get your head on.
      Sorry. I'm a traditionalist.

Lol that a boy !!!! I do have a toke when I am trimming too with my coffee...I just try not to smoke to much when trimming I get sloppy 👊🏽😂
    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on 420chicano LOL don't let them mess with your mojo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X