Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quirk
    replied
    I trimmed these 5/22, took about 30 min. each, they're in the pots as I type, finishing and drying. Just what works for me. Auto grower.

Leave a comment:

• vostok
    replied
    Originally posted by SimpleGrower12 View Post
    Hi folks,

I am harvesting my second grow and trying to fine-tune my processes. I am doing this work alone, and I'm just curious what other solo harvesters are doing. Here's what I do now: I cut the plant from the top down, using pieces of the main branch as little hooks to hang the branches. I manicure the wet branches then let everything dry before going back to fully trim before curing. I would love to know what others do. With this method, it takes me hours and hours to do one plant. Maybe that's just how it goes!

Here's some video of trichomes under my microscope: Trichomes at harvest and some harvest pics - pic 1 & pic 2

SimpleGrower12's Grow Journal

a dremmel and a bbg screen with bucket to catch trim below works well ....save bulk time too

I did buy in a great trimmer, only to find my clients 'pissed with trimmed flowers demanding the trim back ...lol

back to start for me

good luck

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Hello offering the way that I do trimming. I do cut each branch several at a time. Remove largest fan leaf and any that I can stem cut except the really frosty tiny suger leaf right in the bud. I will then trim the colas and yes it does take hrs if it's a large plant. And the way Gingerbeard does is great also. Put some music on have a toke go slow trim few branches get up and stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Hey SimpleGrower12
    I have a phased harvest. Phase one is trimming all the big fans while they're on the plant. I do this a day or two before. Hit it casual. A little now, a little after a bowl. Phase two is cutting branches and trimming anything that doesn't have sugar. Phase three is trimming the sugar leaves and hanging branches. It keeps the fans and non sugar leaves in a compost pile and the sugar leaves go for whatever your heart desires.
    In the end, really, I think we all can agree, alltatup a marijuana product of your choice should be imbibed through all phases of harvest.

Leave a comment:

• SimpleGrower12
    started a topic Dry trim, wet trim, or a bit of both?

Dry trim, wet trim, or a bit of both?

Hi folks,

I am harvesting my second grow and trying to fine-tune my processes. I am doing this work alone, and I'm just curious what other solo harvesters are doing. Here's what I do now: I cut the plant from the top down, using pieces of the main branch as little hooks to hang the branches. I manicure the wet branches then let everything dry before going back to fully trim before curing. I would love to know what others do. With this method, it takes me hours and hours to do one plant. Maybe that's just how it goes!

Here's some video of trichomes under my microscope: Trichomes at harvest and some harvest pics - pic 1 & pic 2

SimpleGrower12's Grow Journal
    Last edited by SimpleGrower12; 05-31-2020, 03:52 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X