Light for mothers and clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light for mothers and clones

Just a quick question, planning on making a small cabinet to hold a few mothers and a half dozen clones. Would this light be sufficient for that? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F53LP46..._FLC0Eb35SEQ4H Or should I get something stronger? Weaker? Or two of these instead of 1? Going for minimal space for this project, cabinet sized if i can manage it.
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

well nevermind i guess, guess ill get it and hope im not wasting money but at least its not much if i am.
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

You would get some responses if you include some more info on what you're wanting to do.
      How big is the grow space???
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I have 2 LEDs similar to these set up in a 2x2x4' tent for clones and seedlings. Like gbauto said, include a little more information and you will get better answers. I put both in because one isn't really strong enough in my opinion. It's a different brand but same wattage (from the wall) and similar panel style. Could probably go up to about a 3x3' area with 2 but I wouldn't push it past that. It really depends on your space. Even for a 2x2' area, you might be better off looking at a 300-600W LED or a 150W MH/HPS light, or even a set of T5's.

Comment

With only 45 watts, and that not spelled out as to is it the draw or spoof watts, I would think you will do as good with CFLs.

Comment

ah gotta love when my mind moves faster than my fingers and i leave out important words >.> i meant to say im building a box ONLY big enough for a couple mothers and a few clones. im only guessing but im thinking a 2x3 with 3ish feet height would be big enough, but i figure those of you who have more experience will know better than i so if im wrong here please tell me.

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
            I have 2 LEDs similar to these set up in a 2x2x4' tent for clones and seedlings. Like gbauto said, include a little more information and you will get better answers. I put both in because one isn't really strong enough in my opinion. It's a different brand but same wattage (from the wall) and similar panel style. Could probably go up to about a 3x3' area with 2 but I wouldn't push it past that. It really depends on your space. Even for a 2x2' area, you might be better off looking at a 300-600W LED or a 150W MH/HPS light, or even a set of T5's.
            i was afraid someone would say something along those lines. i had considered a 300ish led but i was concerned it would be too strong. i keep reading how fragile clones are and to be gentle, guess i might have gone too far to an extreme lol

as for size, with your tent is the 4' vertical necessary or could it work at 3'? im building my own so im trying to keep it as minimal as possible, my flower box already takes up most of my free space

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            With only 45 watts, and that not spelled out as to is it the draw or spoof watts, I would think you will do as good with CFLs.
            that equivalent watt stuff with LEDs is bloody confusing >.> but im in the southwest and both power consumption and heat are concerns with my grow area not being somewhere with AC so im trying to stick with LEDs to minimize heat output. and for some reason our local selection of CFLs seems pretty slim almost all 10ish (cant recall the exact number) watt bulbs
            ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
            bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

It could work at 3' with those lights or with a T5 setup. Otherwise I'd probably try to get closer to 3.5-4' and do a 300W LED that will take care of the whole area. The taller you plan for, the more wiggle room you will have with your mother plants.

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
                It could work at 3' with those lights or with a T5 setup. Otherwise I'd probably try to get closer to 3.5-4' and do a 300W LED that will take care of the whole area. The taller you plan for, the more wiggle room you will have with your mother plants.
                Ok thanks for the help!

~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
                bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X