Photo upload Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo upload Issues

Can someone help please, I dont seem to be able to upload photos anymore from my phone. I was able to do straight uploads from it before but the site no longer rezises the photos for you. So no more photos

SiriusFourside

several people are having this problem me included.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Try either flipping your phone and taking the picture sideways, or crop the tall pictures. For some reason the tall pictures seem to be the ones giving me trouble so now I just turn my phone or make the picture square.

Comment

I have problems uploading on my phone and my computer unless I resize the images I take on my phone. Try cropping the pics down a little and reuploading. That may work.
        Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
        Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• SiriusFourside
          SiriusFourside commented
          Editing a comment
          I can replicate the problem you're describing and we're looking into it now.

GWE did a " up grade " of sorts and it's hit and miss with uploads.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you everyone for the assist. I am creating a post and have different camera positions and noticed on upload only landscape ones worked. Portrait position seems a no no. Maybe an update issue for the site.

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks for letting me know about this issue. Nebula and I have the same problem when we try to upload photos; they don't resize which makes them impossible to manage. We're on the problem now.

For transparency, here's a little background. SoOrbudgal is correct. A patch went out for Vbulletin to fix a security vulnerability. It was emergency-level, meaning that there was public code that could've been easily used to hack Vbulletin forums. We installed it immediately figuring that the repercussions couldn't be worse than being hacked.

Everything is mostly ironed out, but it's clear there's still some maintenance to do. Thanks for being patient, ya'll.

Edit: I just want to let everyone know that you can tag me in your post like Mr.furley did (thanks!) if you want to guarantee we'll see something. You can use a flag, too. 👍

Comment

• GardenLady
              GardenLady commented
              Editing a comment
              Very glad we weren't hacked.

Thank you SiriusFourside and NebulaHaze you guys are really attentive to this site, it's what makes us keep coming back for more cause we love Bud pictures.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MrHappy81
              MrHappy81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, I would rather deal with some photo issues than be hacked. Thank you for your hasty response, its much appreciated, good to know the "higher" powers are listening SiriusFourside NebulaHaze

Yep I can't post photos either. Last year I was able to o. Now it won't resize so I can't post. Is there a special way to do it?

Comment

I just try to upload an image that wouldn't resize.
              after it failed to resize I took a screenshot of the same image and it worked.
              I have also had luck with cropping the pictures.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200602-205457.png
Views:	209
Size:	5.80 MB
ID:	412515
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• GardenLady
                GardenLady commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Mr Furley I will try that 😊😊

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give a quick update:

We're still working on the photo upload issues with Vbulletin. There's a tough problem we're running into with this company which is that they bundle emergency security patches with backend changes. The problem with bundling security and backend changes is that we can't secure the forum without also making a bunch of other changes we don't want (like changes to login procedures, or how to upload photos).

While our forum guy and I work with Vbulletin, we're also trying to figure out if there's a better way to do photos since this probably won't be the last time Vbulletin does an update like this.

I wish I had better news and I was waiting until I had something more concrete, but the process is taking too long and I didn't want anyone to feel left in the dark. Thanks for being patient everyone.

On a side note, we're still on the lookout for newer & better forum software. The company we were thinking about using (Discourse) pretty much told us that the amount of traffic we have is impractical for their service. Boy, do I miss our old Google+ group. It was so easy to run...before we got banned for no reason. 🤣

Comment

• GardenLady
                GardenLady commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Sirius for work not get things back on track ..for us. I will be patient and wait till things get straightened out.. thank you for posting this. 😊😊😊

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Picture seem to be uploading with no problem this morning, Thanks you SiriusFourside

It seems it is fine to upload them as attachements instead in portrait mode.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X