white powdery mildew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white powdery mildew

I have a friend who grows in hydro ,its a closed system so it reuses everything . his temps are running in the 80s ,rh is 50 % ,

he has wpm I thought wpm needed low temp and high rh to grow , so anyone have thoughts on why he has wpm
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

I've seen it get on plants that were jammed together an rubbing on each other, he ain't got his plants to close together does he oldjarhead100
    Anyway, I hope he gets rid of it, 1part milk,2parts water, will take care of it,
    Take it easy OldJarhead. Have a great summer.
    PS, I forget to say he needs good air flow too.
    Happy Memorial Day oldjarhead100 thanks for your service, my brother in arms.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 05-24-2020, 06:17 AM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for your service as well , Daas 69

WPM can get in everywhere. As long as it’s invited. The spores can literally come in from so many things.
    pets, clothes if you been outside in the garden fx.
    I will advise your friend clean all the grow room. Next day the WPM is on some new leaves also, it can spread really quickly, and the spores is invisible to the eye, before it’s evolving on a leave.
    battled it last year.
    but as daas is explaining - the milk is a very good counter protection against it, when the PH is really high🙏🏻
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I battled WPM up until last month - took my tent completely apart and cleaned everything.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ok... so a few things, WPM has multiple strains that act/live completely differently. There are strains the bloom in warm temps and others that bloom in cooler ones. Also, there are strains that attack the leaves/stems, and strains that attack the buds. If you see WPM on leaves and buds, that means you have two strains of WPM present.
        The good news is you can combat both with wind and organic fungicides.
        So my recommendation is to first remove all infected leaves (try not to shake them around and spread more spores in the garden). You can take a plastic bag, enclose the infected leaf, and remove it. Make sure to seal the bag and get rid of it so more spores do not get out and about.
        Then treat remaining portions of the plant with an organic fungicide. Increase wind blowing on the plants, and increase the space in between branches so no leaves are physically touching through out the grow.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks Toker1 I was not aware that there were multiple strains

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X