LED Light Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Light Help

Just after a bit of advice on the height of my lights - I am still on Veg stage and have read my lights need to be 30 inches, is that a good rule of thumb?

What kind of light? What does the manufacturer say? Too high and the plants will get stringy, too close and the leaves will get burned. Check out some lighting articles on GWE if you haven't already?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

You really need to pay attention when using leds. I've burned more than my fair share of bud with leds. Follow Mfr instruction and pay attention to the plants. Watch for all the classic light burn symptoms.

Comment

My LED's have a range of heights. 18"-24", maybe. I go to the middle at 21" and let the plants grow a couple.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Thank guys all your help is much appreciated, the instructions talks about the colours and what they do but do not mention height

Comment

What type of light? Maybe do a Google search and see if you can find a manual for your light?

Comment

What brand and type of LED are you using.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard wakyme 600 w lights, I’ve repotted them on advice from here as the soil wasn’t correct and it’s stunted. Lights are confusing if they are too low then leaves will burn or if too high then what happens. I have goggled and goggled and researching as much as I can, it’s become my life lol

Comment

30" is too high for that size of light just. I would think 10-12" just a shot in the dark based on the size my 1200 watt says 22-24 i put it at 22

Comment

Thanks for that,I will lower it and take a pic too see what you guys think

Comment

Cazald68 This came from the product description on Amazon:
                      【Wide Coverage】60PCS SMD led(total 600W) provides uniform illumination. It can replace traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consumes only 110-115 watts. Ensures maximum yield with minimum power usage and heat. PAR 436umol/m2s at 24” height, perfect for 2x2ft growing area(Maximum coverage area at 3x4ft at 24” height).

I'm running a 600 watt Viparspectra. Maybe you can use these recommendations:
                      28"-40" during veg. I go 30".
                      18"-24" during Flowering. I go 20".

Mind you, I have both settings switched on during both phases. No problems with heat unless you are in a 2'x3' or larger, with super duper venting. That's from experience. 600 is great for a 3'x3' with only moderate venting. Experience, as well.
                      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

• Willyd
                        Willyd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        wow i'm amazed at how high it recommends, that's one bad ass little light lol Cazald68 for love of god don't listen to me i'll feel like shit if you burn your plants because of my shot in the dark. Gingerbeard to save the day lol I would try those recommendations to start and adjust as needed stretching is better than burning in my opinion

This is the height I have adjusted it to
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys so much for your help 🥰 this is my first try so I know it will be trial and error but your help is very much welcomed x

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just keep doing what your doing ask away and good for you for paying attention with your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X