Ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ants

I use a product called amdro on large ants and it works very well on large ants but does not seem to work on the small and tiny ants. Does someone use an effective method or product to get rid of small and tiny size ants?

I have some white powder I bought in the garden store. Specially for ants - it’s killing them on spot. If I use it in an ants entrance- next day all are lying around the entrance and are stone dead 😅
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      And this one you can use it inside - in leakings for example- Into the house (if the house is the problem)
      Don’t think you have “food” lying every where, like some is suggesting

easy, remove the food often removes the ants or any bug too

good luck

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Remove the food ?🤦🏼🤦🏼

See if you can find out where the ants are going. It could be they are feeding of dew drops (weed sap poop) from other insects on your plants. Amdro is a poison to pretty much anything. If it isn't good around pets and dogs, maybe think about keeping it way away from your plants.
    Otherwise, a good sprinkling of diatomaceous earth will help because they're on top of the soil.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Cinnamon is very repellent to ants. Blow a little in the cracks where they get in if you can find them. Spraying cinnamon oil along their trails will disrupt them and possibly cause them to forage elsewhere.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I grow outdoors never grew indoors in my life. The only thing I know about growing indoor is from what I read here. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Garden store my friend.
          It’s in powder form. I use it round my pots for ants and nearby ants colony. Look like salt actually. - but it’s not.
          Can’t remember the name now of course -

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I know what you need. Where I live there are some ants so small they are hard to see but they get everywhere there’s food and nothing seems to work. They are actually not ants but closely related to spiders(6 legs) but they behave like ants. I’m talking less than a mm. Anyway thru an aunt I got hold of a syringe her gardener sells that contains a red “jelly” with some kind of poison in it. You put a few drops near their path and immediately they surround it and start bringing it back to the colony where they poison the queen and eradicate the entire colony. You won’t find a single ant 48 hours later. This is enough to stop them a few weeks but eventually another queen sprout close by so I keep the syringe in the fridge. I got no idea what’s in the jelly but if they are the same hard to kill motherfuckers I know at least you can find out what that red jelly is made from. Just a side note. Pine tree diluted in water 1:5 kills every single bug including cockroaches in a few seconds.

CaptainWiese91 In this case 'food' for ants are secretions made by other insects feeding on the leaves. Honey dew. The ants help keep the pests clean, the pests feed the ants. Get rid of any sap suckers and the ants will go elsewhere.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Look for ants on your citrus.

• desertdan
          desertdan commented
          Editing a comment
          i eant to get rid of ants so they don't bring and farm the sap suckers as they tend to do.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard I will try

Originally posted by desertdan View Post
        I use a product called amdro on large ants and it works very well on large ants but does not seem to work on the small and tiny ants. Does someone use an effective method or product to get rid of small and tiny size ants?
        Cold pressed orange oil. Organic (d-limonene) and deadly to arthropods. Dissolves their exoskeleton. 2-3 oz./gal with a little dish soap as surfactant.
        I use Medina 'cause they're local. Foliar and or drench. Fire ants worst enemy. Just one of many uses of this wonderful solvent.

Comment

Get some food grade Diatomaceous Earth, put a circle around your plants and they wont cross it. Well, they might but it'll kill them. You will need to re--apply after watering once the soil is dry.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
            I have some white powder I bought in the garden store. Specially for ants - it’s killing them on spot. If I use it in an ants entrance- next day all are lying around the entrance and are stone dead 😅
            In my best Tommy Chong voice: "You got some white powder man?!"
            Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
            Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X