No announcement yet.

Full Auto - Second Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let there be light!! My new DIY LED strip fixtures are up and running, much later than I planned but hey that's life sometimes. Either way, I'm happy and I sure hope my girls are happy about the new lights. I put them at 30" so I guess I'll see how they do and gradually lower them until I see signs of stress.

​​​​​
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JohnEmad! Definitely better coverage than my MH/HPS that's for sure. Hope I save a little on my utility bill too

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look pretty darn happy to me!!!

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I like them, and your plants seem to also

Yesterday was Day 43 for the girls, Day 24 for the NY Diesel. With the exception of the NYD, every plant is now showing pistils! The Blue Cookies are drinkers, the one further along in bloom, about 2gals in a week. The NYD was topped and tied down for a quadline earlier this week. Other than that, just the normal weekly water change and I gave out a few haircuts the 4 who are just transitioning into bloom.
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good to a non DWC person

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they look awesome, nice and healthy.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      looks great. all around.

Day 50 for the girls and Day 31 for NY Diesel. Another water change and some defol. Starting to get some baby buds on the SC and BC, the SC is smelling nice already. I don't think I mentioned but I added my UVB t8 bulbs to the tent, they turn on for 2 hrs a day. I will increase their on time by 15mins weekly.

Three of the plants had their pH drop down to right about 5.0 when I know it should be right about 6.0. The blue cookies that's flowering, Glueberry OG, and blue dream. The Northern lights had its pH jump to almost 7.0. The NL and BD both showed signs of pH fluctuations in their leaves.
    How can I better understand what is causing the pH to fluctuate? The plants that had the drop in pH are drinking water, the BC about 2gal/wk, the GO and BD about .75gal/wk. The NL drank less than half gal.

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow

Comment

Day 57 (38 for NYD), despite having issues trying to understand why my pH is dropping the girls are all looking good. The Blue Cookies and the Strawberry cheesecake are starting to fill in nicely. I have a feeling the tent is going to start getting a little tight over the next few weeks.

I bought another pH meter and calibrated them both last night. They read pretty damn close to one another, not bad for inexpensive meters. The new pH meter is a pH/TDS combo pen, the TDS isn't as precise as the one I've been using but that's ok.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with alltatup I Chased Ph for at least one grow, found out it was more of a CalMag issue.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        The grow looks great. Looks like harvesting will be spread out well.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John, sure looks that way. Autos are a different animal! I'm excited for harvest tho, I bought an HerbsNOW drier and I can't wait to try it out. Really hoping it makes drying a bit more simple. I was happy with the Grove bags I bought, made curing pretty damn easy, almost foolproof in my opinion. Praying for a bountiful harvest

NickyChicks I just wanna say this again to try and make sure there are no misunderstandings between us. It's also important to take into consideration the differences in our water sources.

I don't think it was pH fluctuation per se that caused the leaf markings, but rather the pH being out of range for too long or too often. You know how I was saying that when I change my reservoir, after I've added nutes my pH is at 5.4, so I was taking it up to 6.2-6.3, and I'd come in and check the next morning and it would be around 5.3. So I always catch this quickly and raise the pH up to 6.4-6.5. This has never caused any problems during flowering.

On this last grow I started taking the pH in the newly mixed batch of nutes all the way to 6.5, and the next morning it would be around 5.8 or 5.9, so still within a good range. It would be all the way down the next morning, so I'd take it back up to 6.4. Then the fluctuation would slow down for the rest of the week. It's like I'll worry if there's not any fluctuation; I don't think it's good for pH to sit there all week at 6.2. I like to see it fluctuate.

Perhaps you do need to check twice daily for a while, and see if that helps. The goddess Cannabis can be demanding, but in the end she is always so generous with us.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        For now I'll keep checking twice daily. Demanding she is!

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        And for me it is the opposite. Always seeing my ph go up. I chase it less these days as I too have sort of figured out how to keep it more stable.

Day 64 (45 for NYD), another water change and some defol. I checked and logged pH twice daily last week. I had to adjust pH in every plant once at some point during the week. However the Blue cookies that's not as far along in flower and the Strawberry cheesecake both had their pH drift right in range all week up until yesterday I had to adjust them up. I'm less worried about it than I was and the plants are doing great.
      ​​​​​​
      Now my biggest concern is that I hope they all finish before the second week of Sept because just like at the end of my first grow, I have family coming to stay. I wish my state would legalize so I wouldn't have to hide my new hobby. Honestly I was hoping to be harvesting at least a couple of the plants by the end of this month... I don't see that happening. Hell, seedsman says the northern lights has a life cycle of approx 70days, yeah right. My NL has pistils but it is definitely the furthest behind in flowering (not including NYD), she is a beast though. Obviously not much I can do besides wait and see, hope for the best.

Hope you enjoy my bud pics as much as I do. Fattening up!

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look awesome, and they're going to get so fat at the end of flower: I can see it all over their faces.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        😁 i like big buds and I cannot lie

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Baby got terpenes.

Day 73, just did a water change this morning versus Wednesday night because I'm leaving for vacation after this post. I won't be back until a week from tomorrow and it will be probably close to midnight so they'll probably drink up just about all their water. I have someone checking and adjusting pH as they need it. The blue cookies is looking amazing, so is the strawberry Cheesecake but the BC is a beaut. Can't wait to see all of them when I get back!!

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Really nice set of buds your have there!

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        excellent tent full.

Day 82(63 NYD) I had a great vacation, super relaxing and I found out that I will not have family visiting in September which means no time constraints, all the girls will be able to finish. I was worried about having to chop plants that hadn't finished.
      Anyways.... Why the hell is my Northern Lights not flowering? Did I get a photo? A slow flowering auto? She's a big girl and she's had preflowers for weeks but she keeps growing and not budding. My lights are on 20/4 and I don't really want to change them to 12/12 if I don't have to but I'm not sure what else I could do. Any thoughts?
      Other than that, they all were in dire need of a trimming and desperately needed a water change which they got today. I'm really happy with how they all look, I definitely didn't anticipate that I would overfill my tent but it's ok. I think I will be able to harvest the Strawberry Cheesecake and one of the Blue Cookies within the next 2-3 weeks give or take. The majority of the trics on the BC are cloudy but not all and no amber on the buds. The SC is still a lot of clear some cloudy. They are filling out very nicely, it was pretty cool being away for 8 days and seeing the growth

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice growing again NickyChicks. hard not to crowd the tent when you grow em so well.
        looks like NL is a photo....Always some thing to contend with. other then having another light and grow space I am not sure what to do about that.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John! If my NL is a photo my options are limited because even though I do have another light I don't have a space to grow it. I think my best option would be to flip the to 12/12 when i finish the others or sometime close to harvest. Its just going to take a lot longer to wrap up this grow than I originally planned but since time is of no concern it seems like the most logical route.

Day 96(77 NYD) I'm pretty sure I'll be putting the axe to at least the Blue Cookies this week, possibly also the Strawberry cheesecake. The BC is definitely ready but I think it can use a few more days maybe until the weekend.
      I did some defol on the others, they're starting to fill out nicely. The Glueberry OG smells great, the Blue dream and NY Diesel not so much yet. The Northern lights is still a monster and is chilling outside of the tent now because it's just too damn big 🤣. It's still getting decent light exposure and this is only temporary until I make more space. I figured it was more important to get my gallon challenge seedling in there and get her as much light as I can before I flip the lights for the NL after everyone else gets chopped or close to.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        What a gaggle of great plants. I agree with you on the Blue Cookies, you have to give us a smoke report on that one. I always thought NL was a short grow, good to know it will tumble weed on you

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Northern Lights should've been a quick one but when you get seeds that are freebies I suppose a mix up could happen. It's funny, I grew NL photo during my last grow and it looks nothing like the NL I have in my tent now. Granted, they're different breeders but I figured they would look similar

Day 101, Blue Cookies got the axe tonight... kinda. Looks like I'm going to do somewhat of a staged harvest. I'm using my HerbsNOW dryer for the first time and I filled the trays up with 2/3 of this plant. You can purchase 3 trays more to add, which I'll be doing, but 8 is the max you can use on the dryer. I'll finish harvesting the rest in 4 days, when the time is up on the dryer.

I got some pretty nice looking nugs and they smell great, fruity for sure. The colas are fat and dense, the lower buds are a little more on the airy side but not a lot of popcorn so all in all I'm happy with the harvest so far.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        What a fantastic frosty plant beautiful job

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SoOrbudgal, she is pretty! Can't wait to see how the smoke is, supposed to be mostly indica

Day 104, I'll be harvesting the rest of the Blue Cookies and I will probably chop the Strawberry Cheesecake tonight or tomorrow. The buds that I have in the dryer now are smelling phenomenal and they seem to be almost ready for curing. Pretty pleased with how it's working so far.

Everyone else is just doing their thing. Definitely got a couple more weeks to go before I harvest the next plant, the other Blue Cookies. Then the Glueberry OG and Blow Dream will be after that. The plant I have inside the PC case might be ready in 2 weeks, I've been checking her trics a lot.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Very Nice

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        agree, v nice indeed. Think your new light is working well.

• NickyChicks
        NickyChicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I think you're right JohnEmad! I just weighed what I harvested the other night, a little over 3oz. We harvested the rest of the plant tonight, I'm guessing Ill have another 1.5oz when it's dried.

Day 107 aka chop day for Strawberry Cheesecake. She was the smallest plant in the tent but I think I might have got a couple ounces out of her. Hopefully next time around I'll be able to grow one to it's full potential. Either way, it smells great and I'm happy with how frosty the plants have been. I measured her at 25" tall and about 16' at the widest points.
      ​​​​​​
      I finished weighing the Blue Cookies I harvested, just over 5oz! I'm psyched because I honestly wasn't expecting that kind of yield. During my first grow my largest plant yielded about 3.3oz. I'd say that's a good improvement! Obviously there's plenty of factors in play but the point is I'm learning and the proof is in the pudding. The pudding tastes good by the way, it's blue cookie flavored. I know it's not cured yet but I couldn't help but try and it's damn good.

Next on the chop list is probably the Bloody Skunk that's in the PC case and then the other Blue cookies.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        You have nailed this grow, nice job

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine also looked like that yellowish bud on my strawberry cheesecake autos. Really nice looking buds NickyChicks kinda fun huh?

Day 110, another water change and I just finished weighing the Strawberry Cheesecake. 81g, just shy of 3oz! I can't complain about that especially because I was thinking I was barely going to yield 2oz. Next few weeks are just going to be a waiting game to the finish.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding wow i would be thrilled. I'm just going to drool for a minute OK ?

Day 121 (102 NYD) and we're getting pretty close to harvest for the other Blue Cookies, the Glueberry OG, and the Blow Dream. The BC is honestly probably ready, I might let her go another week but I'll see how I'm feeling on Sunday when I go to change the water. It certainly didn't fatten up as much as the BC I already harvested and they're not as fat as the other plants either but they sure look quality. Hoping for some nice yields on the GO and the BD. The NY Diesel is getting there too, few weeks behind the others.

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow

Comment

Final harvest yields....

Blue Cookies - 143g
        Strawberry Cheesecake - 81g
        Blue Cookies - 128g
        Glueberry OG - 136g
        Blow Dream - 82g
        New York Diesel - 112g

​​Including my PC case grow I end up with over 26oz and I'm beyond thrilled!! My next grow will be 4 plants max but I really want to try and focus on growing larger buds and less larfy/popcorn bud. I'm certain my lighting made a difference in this grow compared to my first, I'll be excited to do an entire grow with the LEDs next time.

Thanks to anyone who helped me along the way even if it was a small comment. Sorry not sorry if I was annoying with any of my questions or problems 😂. I'll still be lurking here and there but I'll probably catch back up with everyone towards the end of the year!

​​​​​​​Forgot to take a picture of the NYD before I chopped it but she was a really beauty. I did include pics of the Glueberry OG, the Blue Cookies and the Blow Dream

First.Grow
        Second.Grow​​
        PC.Grow
        Grow.3
        4th.Grow

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          great growing NC. You have things dialed in and the plants are rewarding you for giving them what they need.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Nice!

• NickyChicks
          NickyChicks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I'll definitely update again with some smoke reports and maybe I'll have pics of some hash and whatever else I decide to do with the trim

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X