Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Skirt of Yellow Leaves in Flower

Hey All,

I'm at a loss on this one. Looking to correct the yellowing which has been an ongoing issue for 2-3 weeks.

Growing in 3 Gal Fox Farm Happy Frog with Perlite
    Currently in week 4 of flower. No other issues during the grow. The plant doubled in height in weeks 2-3.

Using General Hydroponics Flora series for feeding:
    1. Micro: 1.25 ml per litre of water
    2. Grow: 1.25 ml per litre of water
    3. Bloom: 2.25 ml per litre of water
    4. Calimag: 1 ml per litre of water

Currently feeding ~ 2 times per week. I keep runoff ppm around 1000 and feed just pH'd water if the plant doesn't need the extra nutrient.

Canopy temp is 28C
    Root temp is 23C
    Ph of input water is 6.3-6.5 (I vary it)
    Ph of runoff is 6.25-6.67 (it fluctuates in this range)
    Ph of runoff is never more than 0.2 different from input.
    Using 1*300W LED (200 true wattage)

The plant isn't drooping much before or after waterings so I feel I've kept it relatively fed. I water to 20% runoff and check values each time. I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be as all values seem optimal. I could add more nitrogen but this far into flower it feels strange to be feeding this much of it....

Thoughs and opinions are appreciated.
    Attached Files

Looks natural to me. Those leaves are going to fall off anyway. If it starts moving up rapidly, then I would probably start worrying. I'd just cut them off now and call it a day

Comment

You might be farther along into flowering than you think. Those leaves start to happen when the flowers are a couple or few weeks from harvest. Think of it as autumn. More will happen. Look for purple sugar leaves as time goes on.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Pokemokeley View Post
        Hey All,

I'm at a loss on this one. Looking to correct the yellowing which has been an ongoing issue for 2-3 weeks.

Growing in 3 Gal Fox Farm Happy Frog with Perlite
        Currently in week 4 of flower. No other issues during the grow. The plant doubled in height in weeks 2-3.

Using General Hydroponics Flora series for feeding:
        1. Micro: 1.25 ml per litre of water
        2. Grow: 1.25 ml per litre of water
        3. Bloom: 2.25 ml per litre of water
        4. Calimag: 1 ml per litre of water

Currently feeding ~ 2 times per week. I keep runoff ppm around 1000 and feed just pH'd water if the plant doesn't need the extra nutrient.

Canopy temp is 28C
        Root temp is 23C
        Ph of input water is 6.3-6.5 (I vary it)
        Ph of runoff is 6.25-6.67 (it fluctuates in this range)
        Ph of runoff is never more than 0.2 different from input.
        Using 1*300W LED (200 true wattage)

The plant isn't drooping much before or after waterings so I feel I've kept it relatively fed. I water to 20% runoff and check values each time. I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be as all values seem optimal. I could add more nitrogen but this far into flower it feels strange to be feeding this much of it....

Thoughs and opinions are appreciated.
        Not enough perlite! IMO

you could try a flush of pouring 3 times the pot volume with air temp Ph'ed water

do it at dusk allow to drain overnight..no nutes for 2 weeks

use the dead stuff as a control point

good luck

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          vostok I always avoid having damp or wet exposed soil when it's lights out, I think its just inviting WPM.
          Lights out is @ 5:00pm for me, generally won't water after noon to be safe. I heat with wood, so in the winter it doesn't much mater as it's so dry..but spring-summer-fall I'd avoid late day watering (indoors).
          Last edited by GreenState; 05-10-2020, 05:01 AM.

I’m with gingerbread on this on. Looks pretty normal.
        can’t imagine it would be perlite. Then it maybe with have shown these symptoms a bit earlier.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine look like his damn near every grow, in soil, perfectly normal.
          Can't imagine Perlite, either,
          Nice plant, by the way, I sure wouldn't flush.

D.A.A.S.69 agreed it’s a fine looking plant. It’s just doing it’s thing, winter is coming 👍🏻
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I also agree, just ageing out like they all do. I usually just let the plant use em up as it needs to. Nice work on your grow, good looking plant. I saw you have perlite in the old Happy Frog, must be just the right amount. Plant looks good & healthy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X