Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Room Build

Hello All,
    ​​ I'm looking to build my own grow room in the future and was curious if anyone had any experience with it themselves? I dont have exact dimensions for the space yet (I'm thinking 8ft×10ft) looking to get some tips and pointers on how to lay it out (seperate veg and flower room, drying room, ventilation ect..) If you have diagrams or pix I would love to see the set up!!

Appreciate any info!

For me, tents were the way to go. It was cheaper for me to do that than it would have been to convert the entire room, especially with separate veg and flower tents. I have 4 tents total, a 2x2x4' for seedlings and clones, (2x) 4x4x7' for veg, and I have an 8x8x7' for flower. Picture is just to show how I have my grow room set up.
    Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just looked the CMH up👍🏻 How many watt can you get up too ? And they will produce some heat right ?

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      They have 2 wattages, 315 and 630. The 315 seems like it's the better choice to me. They produce heat but I think a little less than an HPS. The real test will be when I get the 3 in the big tent, I'll let you know for sure.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks bro. I definitely want to know how it’s going with that 👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻

I have to agree with dphipps unless you're willing to build separate enclosures for veg and flower,tents will make more sense.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I like having my flowering tent sitting in a dark room when its lights are out inside.It's just another layer of prevention against accidental reveg.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I just built a 4'-6" x 6'-6" grow room in my garage and I love it. The whole point of building a room over buying a tent is rooms can't be sliced open with razors! I have kids and they have friends. I don't want someone coming over and getting into my grow. So I built a room that I can lock in a garage that I can lock. Problem solved. As for building the room, I needed about 16 2x4s for the framing, 4 sheets of 1/2" sheetrock, nails, screws, and sheetrock finishing stuff. Cost me about $150 plus I bought a used door on craigslist for $30 so I'm under $200 for the whole thing. I didn't paint the sheetrock nor did I install a layer inside the room itself because it's not needed and it's just wasted money. Instead, I lined my walls (both the finished and unfinished ones) with reflective mylar to spread the light around. I am not a carpenter by any means and I basically built this whole room in about 4 days. I added some pictures below.

Before, I used a locking steel cabinet (again because you can't slice it open with a razor). I'm going to either repurpose it as a drying cabinet or sell it. I included a picture of it as well.

Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
        Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• swegrow
          swegrow commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty cool setup!

Originally posted by ellz View Post
        I just built a 4'-6" x 6'-6" grow room in my garage and I love it. The whole point of building a room over buying a tent is rooms can't be sliced open with razors! I have kids and they have friends. I don't want someone coming over and getting into my grow. So I built a room that I can lock in a garage that I can lock. Problem solved. As for building the room, I needed about 16 2x4s for the framing, 4 sheets of 1/2" sheetrock, nails, screws, and sheetrock finishing stuff. Cost me about $150 plus I bought a used door on craigslist for $30 so I'm under $200 for the whole thing. I didn't paint the sheetrock nor did I install a layer inside the room itself because it's not needed and it's just wasted money. Instead, I lined my walls (both the finished and unfinished ones) with reflective mylar to spread the light around. I am not a carpenter by any means and I basically built this whole room in about 4 days. I added some pictures below.

Before, I used a locking steel cabinet (again because you can't slice it open with a razor). I'm going to either repurpose it as a drying cabinet or sell it. I included a picture of it as well.
        Thanx ellz nice set up I like it!! This is similar to what I'm looking to do when I can. I like the security of the room like you said being able to lock it up gives me peace of mind. I'm curious, do you have an intake fan anywhere? Is the exhaust going back in the garage? Also is it divided into two rooms or is it just one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ovi View Post

Thanx ellz nice set up I like it!! This is similar to what I'm looking to do when I can. I like the security of the room like you said being able to lock it up gives me peace of mind. I'm curious, do you have an intake fan anywhere? Is the exhaust going back in the garage? Also is it divided into two rooms or is it just one?
          Thanks! To answer your questions:
          No, there is no intake fan but there is about a 1-1/2" gap under the door where air flows in. I also keep one of my two garage windows opened to allow fresh air to come in to the garage. If you really wanted to get extreme, you could always install a AC grille like this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Accord-Vent...-in/1000034025 and throw in a filter to prevent any debris from getting in. I had considered doing that and may still do it but I would then seal off the door gap. The other option was to install a piece of filter material along the bottom of the door to prevent debris from getting in. Where I live, I also have to worry about hemp grows spreading pollen.

The exhaust goes through the sheetrock and then out the other window (of the two side by side) via a 6"x10"x4" 90º duct boot like this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/IMPERIAL-10...oot/1000228325 It's not wide enough to fit the whole window so I also put a piece of galvanized steel flashing to block the rest of the opening. That way one window is for intake and the other is for exhaust.

It's just one room inside a 2-car garage.

Below is a pic of the exhaust setup.
          Last edited by ellz; 05-10-2020, 02:26 AM.
          Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
          Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X