Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First grow, yellow spots on lower leaves going inwards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First grow, yellow spots on lower leaves going inwards.

Hey all!
    First time grower, plant is now 6 weeks old and i noticed some yellow spots going inwards on the lower leaves. is this a nutrient deficiency of some sort?
    Might have been a bit foolish, but just out of concern that it might be some sort of infection, i cut out the leaves that were already spotted (2-3 leaves) but now it's starting to appear on more, so i want to solve it asap.
    Unfortunately i don't have where to acquire a PH/PPM meter and i am using store bought mineral water mixed with the nutrients (CocoTek Grow A+B).
    The medium is just regular soil i picked up from the gardens outside my house where plants are bountiful, and so far it seems to be quite good.

Also, i just transplanted the plant into a bigger pot (what you see in the picture) from a way smaller one. If i would have transplanted it sooner would it be bigger by now?
    Thank you in advance for any help!

Forgot to mention that i am growing indoors, using a 300W LED light and a fairly small humidifier (out of lack of options at the moment), with a fan blowing gently around the tent and around the leaves.

Comment

I know a lot of people will mention that you need some perlite in your soil (roughly 30%). As for the spots, I'm going to assume right now it's your pH since you have no way to check it. I got my meters on eBay for about $15, came with a pH meter and ppm meter. You probably don't need the ppm meter since you're not doing hydro, but then again you're still mixing nutrients so it's kind of personal preference there, but definitely get a pH meter or testing strips (you should be able to find testing strips in the swimming pool aisles). Hope that helps, happy growing.

Comment

Thank you for the input!
        unfortunately i live in the georgian republic, and getting anything from ebay or amazon is a real struggle. But i will definitely try to het my hands on one.

Can bad pH levels completely ruin the grow? Or just affect the quality/quantity of the yield?

Comment

I've had plants die completely because I wasn't paying attention to the pH. Look into a pH testing strip kit, they work just as well. And you should be able to find them anywhere near you that sells pool and spa supplies.

Comment

Will do, cheers.
            Forgive me for not putting all my questions into one section, only now i started wondering if it makes sense that over the course of 6 weeks, the plant looked amazing, but only now it starts to show symptoms of bad pH?
            havn't changed the type of water i use

Comment

Are you growing an autoflower? I could be mistaken but it looks like you're already flowering, if that's the case then yes transplanting into a different pot could have stunted it's growth along with other reasons.
              4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
              GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
              Second.Grow​​
              PC.Grow
              Grow.3
              4th.Grow
              I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

You definitely need some new soil. This soil is way too dense. The plant can’ breathe at all. And you won’t have the right nutrients in the soil and not the correct PH either. As the other growers mention, you also need Leca/perlite in the soil.
                the soil also needs to be the correct PH. From my perspective as a soil grower - you will run into further problems.
                and yes the plants it’s already in the flowering phase - from what I Can see
                Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

What about drainage in the pot? How many holes do you have in the bottom of the pot ?
                  You can’t even find “tomato” soil in a garden store ? Usually they have the right PH for cannabis plants and also the right nutrients..
                  Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                  You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks all for the input!
                    It's kinda hard to find good specific soil right now because of the situation. So i have used just regular soil from outside, expecing to run into problems anyway but for the better, here i am learning.
                    I will try to look for tomato soil, or perlite if i can find a way to ask somebody if they have it (pretty hard to be an english speaker around these parts).

Measuring pH levels will be very tough right now but i will try to find a meter.
                    i got these seeds from somebody so i am not sure if they are autoflowering, and the pot has 4 pretty small drainage holes.

So that growth on the top is in fact flowering, in the case that i cannot change soil right now (probably also because it is in flowering stage), should i switch to 12/12 light cycle and bloom nutrients, or is this plant a lost cause?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m not speaking English also. I’m from Denmark living in Portugal 😂😂
                      It’s a small plant, I don’t think it need that much bloom. But yea you need some sort of bloom nutes of course. Do you have some nutes at home ?

Yeah cocotek koolbloom

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn’t that for coco coir?

Don't know.
                    Main problem is, there is only one small plqce here that sells weed growing equipment, and it's pretty low quality. This is the only product they have, so im just rolling with the punches. Thet dont even sell soil.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry to hear that bro... where do you live ?
                      But totally understand you on that one

Georgian Republic :S

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What about amazon ? They don’t deliver ?

Specifically where i'm at, its kinda complicated to order. I just started explaining right now but i was like, "nah, nobody wants to read all that" lol. so i spared you. Bottom line it kinda sucks.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I understand 😅👍🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X