Help with clones. Need to top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with clones. Need to top?

Hey everyone. What a great forum and website. I sure have been reading a lot. This is a first time for me and I just got my 4 clones yesterday. I didn’t realize they were going to be this big already. I wanted to top them so I could try the manifold thingy I read about but I don’t know if I can now. If I am able to, where to a cut? Please any help would be awesome. I will be growing in a 4x4 tent and in organic soil.

thanks. Dezi

This website has all the info you are looking for here is a pic.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation with clones I took about six weeks ago. I cut down a dozen low branches from my girls and couldn't bear to just toss them so I put them in my clone machine. They all rooted. I moved them to Solo cups in coco. Two weeks later, they were getting rootbound so they went into one gallon fabric pots. BTW when you transfer them to a bigger pot, pack your soil around an empty Solo cup inside the new pot and pull the cup out leaving a nice cup-shaped hole for your rootbound clone to drop into after you work it out of its cup. After the transfer to fabric pots I topped all of them a week later to keep them from getting too tall. Magically, all those idle growth nodes along the stem woke up and started bushing the clones out a bit. You can still manifold if you have the short tomato cages (I saw some just yesterday at Home Despot). If it's your first grow, it might be a little better to keep it simple but if you have confidence go ahead and try it.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokesteve View Post
        This website has all the info you are looking for here is a pic.
        Thanks Steve. Yes this is a great site and where I do most of my reading. One other quick question

Should I top them now in the solo cups and leave them for a few days or transfer them now as they are in to my organic soil, leave them as they are for a bit and then top?

Comment

• Smokesteve
          Smokesteve commented
          Editing a comment
          I would top now transplant in a few days

Those look pretty tall for still being in a solo. I think I'd transplant, give em a couple days and then top. Couple weeks later, top em again.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Look into the quadlining technique. There's a post somewhere with details but I have a few posts on here with pictures that may help. It's really easy to make a manifold with a clone, even if the nodes are uneven. If the nodes are all uneven, top above the 4th or 5th node, keep the top 3-4 nodes (get rid of the rest) and tie them down as even as you can while it grows until it's the width you want, then pretty much just grow. If they're even, cut above the 4th node, keep the top 2 sets of nodes tie them down and get rid of everything else. If you did it correctly you'll have 3-4 main colas afterwards. Personally I would transplant first, it will be easier to tie your plants down once instead of twice. Here's a link to the post with pictures, and it has a link for the post before that as well.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...different-post
          Hope that helps. Just another note, don't be afraid to experiment but don't do too much experimentation or you'll hurt your yields. I've done a little excess experimentation on a few of my plants and was not happy with the results. Now I just keep it basic, quadline and leave certain nodes but cut everything else off and it works great. Saves me about 2-3 weeks this way cause I only top once so it doesn't have to recover multiple times. Anyway, welcome to the forum and happy growing!

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the advice. Love this forum and website. I will post my progress for sure as I go along.

Comment

Top is cut actual stem and the two shoots on each side grow .fim is you cut bottom of the leaves

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X