Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first grow! Lots of planning but no experience lol suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR My first grow! Lots of planning but no experience lol suggestions?

I just transplanted them yesterday into 3 gallon pots. Where should I start with training? I’m new here by the way. This is my first grow, so any advice is welcome. Thanks

This may help.
    by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

There's also a technique called quadlining which is just as effective but saves a lot of time. This is the method I'm using and it works great.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...356-quadlining
    Also, I would wait a day or 2 to let her recover from the transplant before doing too much training.

Comment

rchiefer0 you can also review the material here https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training, it covers a lot of ground. so to speak.

Comment

rchiefer0 Welcome.

I'll comment on your tent setup. If you're going to access your plants from the door on the right of the tent, cool. If not, rotate your plants 90° clockwise. As your plants grow, you're going to want as much access to them as you can get. Right now, it's a stretch to get the back one. Also looks like you bought every known environment adjuster known to weed growers. The more you have, the more can go wrong. Only start using all those things if you need them. Get versed in using one or two before using all of them at once. Depending on your location, of course.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          That too. Good catch on plant placement. I always think about it with mine but didn't even pay attention to his.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Great advice Gingerbeard us old growers learn this after our first harvest and the back goes out LOL

Thanks for the links. I do use the side door most of the time. I think I’ll top them when they get a little bigger. I’ll have to read more about it first though.

Comment

What kind of seeds are you growing? You probably don't wat to top if they're autos. Fem and regular are fine.
          I'm still going to recommend you move the plants. Your front door will give you oodles more access and make it easier to pull a plant out, should you need to.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

It would take a lot of work to change my setup now. Hopefully it doesn’t cause me too much headache. It’s been 25 days since sprout. They’re not autos. I may try LST. I’m a beginner. I want a good yield though.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              rchiefer0 you sure can top it on the photo strain I'm growing GSC now and forever LOL cause I clone. But you sure can top her. I've had zero issues growing this strain so far indoors. Your set up is clean and hopefully your back is strong LOL just cause of leaning into tent.

But you have lots of time for training photos if you just want to lean her over tie down called LST is #1 simple no stress for first timer. Take it slow, welcome to the grow show LOL

• rchiefer0
              rchiefer0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I think I’m going to start with the LST. I’m definitely going to change my setup around next grow. I’m already tired of reaching. Lol

If they're not auto's dphipps1020 gave you a link to some high stress training. Go that route and you will maximize your yield. I have a couple Caramelicious femmed going. I did one topping and will let it grow from there to keep everything in my tent level.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

dphipps1020 I don't know if I should read your handle Deep Hipps or D Phipps. I've been going with Deep Hipps.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                The second would be correct sir lol

rchiefer0 Sorry, we go off on tangents.
              Sir dphipps1020 ? Here's the vibe I'm getting from the sir bit. Yer a very polite youngster. Yer a woman, not wanting 'Deep Hips' as your unofficial moniker. Yer southern, raised a southern gentleman. Yer Irish or Scottish. Yer think I'm DEA. Which, I swear, I may or may not be. Yer high.
              The 1020 bit is a little more of a mystery. Google says 1020 has to do with the Julian Calendar and lots of kings and rulers. Could also mean you're a Libra. Maybe just random numbers?
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait. The Urban Dictionary says 10 20 means 'jailbait'.

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Was raised right but by no means a youngster, unless you consider 38 young? Also ex-military so it got more engrained in me. Definitely a guy and wouldn't want to be known for deep hips, just saying lol. Definitely high and getting ready to smoke more cause that's what I do on lockdown. Definitely wish I'd have started growing younger, could have saved a lot of money. You really put a lot of thought into it, didn't you? Part Irish, among other things. And Libra, pretty much answers everything I think.

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Right on, bro'! I got 11-1/2 years on your young self. If you have a beard, there's a thread for that. I don't usually think before I speak. Saves loads of time. I've pegged most of the people in the forum. It's like I can read people. Totally.
                And, yeah. Deep Hips would be an unfortunate name for a woman. Hey-ya!!!

All I did was tie them down.

Comment

Uh… picture three. LST to the other side. The plant is already growing out of the pot. I learned that If I'm going to train, plant the plant off center a bit and bend to the long side.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Thanks, good tips. I think I overfed them because the tips are burned on one plant and the other one had some new leaves with the tips curled down. I fed them half strength early veg dose and it was around 300ppm but the runoff was 550ppm. I’m guessing there was extra cal mag in the coco from when I washed it, anyway I just fed them some pure water and the runoff was still around 400ppm. I’m hoping that helps.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X