No announcement yet.

Time to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just wanting to know when you think they are done. So I know what I am looking for going forward. Does this help at all?
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Does not help at all and get a bud trich not a leaf. Cloudy with a few amber

Another one any better?
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it's blurry looks to be on the more clear side than milky? Sorry

Damn it. Ok I'll keep trying

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you start seeing amber trichomes (they're really a dark brown) on your sugar leaves, it won't be long after that it will start on the buds too. When you start seeing amber, they should be mostly cloudy at that point.

A tip possibly for the pictures, zoom out just a bit. It's better to look at multiple trichomes instead of just 2 or 3, gives you more for comparison.

Comment

So how is this one? It looks like some of the trichomes are amber?
      Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Little blurry still but definitely better. Looks like they're right about there to me, probably whenever you're ready (even though you were probably ready weeks ago). You can always do a staged harvest too. Meaning you cut off the top parts, whatever is ready in your eyes, and leave the rest to grow and ripen more. I've done that with my last few and it works great

Thank you! I will do that. I really appreciate the feed back.

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time. I get anxious when they get close too so I completely understand

Do I cut this down into individual buds or dry it like this?
      Attached Files

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hang it like that. Are you trimming it down more? Wet trim, trim and hang. Dry trim, hang then trim. I usually get rid of most of the leaf but I dry trim. A lot of people do a wet trim though, all personal preference.

Yes I am trimming the leaves now. Is there a difference. Or is one way easier?

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me, it's been easier to trim dry. I think mostly because of all the popcorn buds I've had. The next one will be way different so I will probably try a wet trim, most likely while it's still in the ground.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X