No announcement yet.

Time to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been another 2 week. These are the best pictures I could get. Can anyone see from this if they are ready?Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_061613.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	401241

Comment

Look at the trichomes. Not the ones on the sugar leaves but the ones on the bud. You should see some amber colored trichomes here and there, some may even look brown. You can harvest sooner but I usually at least try to make sure 80-90% of the trichomes are cloudy. That picture is pretty blurry, I can't really see anything.

Comment

I bought a cheap 30x loupe and go by the guidelines mentioned above.
        4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_144430.jpg
Views:	2133
Size:	830.8 KB
ID:	401417

Comment

Does this pic help at all?

Comment

no this is how much you should zoom to see the trichomes
              this is the tool I used https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Beginner69
                Beginner69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! Just ordered it

You want something like this. Close up but as clear as you can get it.
              Attached Files

Comment

What do you use for the picture? Is there a recommended phone attachment?

Comment

• dphipps1020
                  dphipps1020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a digital microscope that goes up to 1000x

So here is a piece of bud. Do I need more time?
                Attached Files

Comment

If I'm seeing it correctly I would wait still. However, I may just not be seeing it right because of the white background. Do you have anything dark you can put the bud on?

Comment

Any better
                    Attached Files

Comment

Following as I'm new to this too but from what I've learnt so far I don't think there ready at all I cant see any that look amber or brown. Or is it me?

Comment

I'm just nervous lol. These are way over what I was told from the manufacture about how long these would take.

Comment

• kays2008xx
                          kays2008xx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm not sure as mine are not auto but I dont see how they can be given an exact time frame. How I see it is if it's been healthy an looked after then it may reach the desired time frame but if problems occur along the way then that can probably stunt the growth of the plant an therefore needs longer to recover which then means longer time to reach the end line. That's my thoughts anyway lol.

I'd say you have a while. I'm not really seeing any cloudiness. Visually without the microscope you'll notice your buds seem to be getting frostier and you'll think damn that looks great. That is when you'll see the cloudiness starting to fill in more. It's a beautiful sight if you can hold out a bit longer. If most of the white hairs have turned, you should start seeing the trichomes change as well pretty soon.

Comment

Sorry to keep posting but being it's my first time I just want to k ow what I am looking at. Thanks again for all of your time

Comment

• dphipps1020
                            dphipps1020 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Trichome pictures are tricky. It's so hard to find the right balance between zoom, focus and light. The pictures I've taken took me forever to get it balanced right. Is there any way for you to dim the light, just a hair? I'm seeing too much light in the trichomes to see if they're cloudy or not. Are you trying to get more amber or just cloudy?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X