Vivosun exaust fan junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivosun exaust fan junk

About 3 months ago I purchased a 6 inch inline variable speed exhaust fan from vivosun. Bearings started roaring, you can hear it outside the house. It was under warranty but I still have not been able to get them to honor the warranty after a month of e mails back and forth. Just a heads up for anyone buying new gear.

Go Vortex - mine runs 24/7 and I don't hear it - been running over a year.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      My next will probably be Vortex unless I can afford a Hyper when it happens.

I use the 6" variable and it's been trouble free so far but I've only used it for 1 flowering cycle. It is a bit loud but it didn't bother me as I only heard it when I was in the room and it wasn't much louder than HPS ballasts and the other fans. My grow room is always abuzz.

Comment

I have been shopping fans, saw a yeild lab kit for around a hundred bucks. Money really isn't a concern but I do like to save when possible. This is a perfect example of buy once cry once. I'm gonna go check vortex now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin yeah man, constant hum going on here too. I have two rooms, one with a large tent and the other is just covered in mylar, I'm running like a bunch of crap always. My electric bill is fucked. That fan is so loud though. If my neighbors didn't already know I'm growing a bunch of dope they do now.

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Vivosun just returned my purchase price for a squaking 4 inch exhaust fan. Took about 3 weeks of correspondence to happen with several messages back and forth. Satisfied with their customer service but not their product.
          I am considering a Vortex 6 inch, WindKing 6 inch , or cloudline 6 inch. Vortex is top price by quite a bit but I do like quality.

• StillHigh1982
          StillHigh1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you get return, I was polite, provided all requested information, they then said that they would provide me with tracking information that never came. I waited a week and asked again and they apologized and said soon they would send tracking info for new fan and then nothing. My initial contact with support was March 3 their last response was about 2 weeks ago. They said they were providing tracking info on March 12.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems we had the same type of responses but I simply asked for a refund as I didn't want to go through this again. 3.5 weeks from first contact to receive my refund.

I didn't even ask for money back, I just asked for replacement

Comment

usually VivoSun customer service is pretty good...hmmm

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Until recently I've heard the same thing, I wonder if Corona has anything to do with the delays.
            Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 04-17-2020, 10:57 AM.

AC Infinity Cloudline S6 6” works good.
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Phresh Hyper

Vortex / AC Infinity

Everything else

Comment

I like Vivosun for their tents and their clip fans. I've a had a cheap 4" blower from them that tended to let its shell halves come undone, bending the shaft and making it noisier every time until the last time.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I ordered an AC infinity s6. Good reviews and located in California. The vivosun junk box is still cranking, the bearing is grinding and its airflow is significantly lower, I can't wait to mail it back to them with turd stickers all over it. New fan arrives in 3 days. I have a vivosun 120x60x80 tent that I love, but hey no moving parts. Lesson learned.

Comment

I’m late to respond but I’ve had good luck with my cheap Amazon VenTech fans. I have 3 of their 4” exhaust fans and I’ve been running 2 of them 24 hours a day for the last 3+years. I think I paid $110 for the fan filter combo with speed control back in 2016. I’ve pushed air through the filter and pulled air through the filter, no issues either way, they just keep moving air.
                  Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Originally posted by StillHigh1982 View Post
                    I ordered an AC infinity s6. Good reviews and located in California. The vivosun junk box is still cranking, the bearing is grinding and its airflow is significantly lower, I can't wait to mail it back to them with turd stickers all over it. New fan arrives in 3 days. I have a vivosun 120x60x80 tent that I love, but hey no moving parts. Lesson learned.
                    I think that you'll love the Infinity. I use a T6 in my grow room and it works perfectly. Compared to the other centrifugal fans I've used, it's much quieter.
                    Agreed on the Vivosun tents as well as their fans.
                    WHAT???
                    5x5 grow space
                    900w of Vero's and F-strips
                    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X