Need help with my grow in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my grow in general

Hi there guys, I’m new to this site and this is my first grow. I’m wondering what I should do with my drainage and also what to do with my heater. I don’t have a picture of it but it’s one of those green ecoheaters and it’s on some hinges. I’m not sure how to attach it to the mylar. My tent is as shown on the top and a carbon filter setup to come ( 5” )to come. Not exactly how to set that up but I have been reading but what do you guys suggest is the best way.

also my tent has nothing in and in the cupboard it has a temp of 20 degrees and the size is 50x90xsomething.

Drain to waste or drain to reservoir (ebb and flow). If you need to heat, heat the room and let your fan pull in the warm air into the tent. The light looks very low quality. I would get a better light if I were in your position as well. Good luck.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Tiger
      Tiger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve just put my eco heater into the tent . Around the middle are you saying that I shouldn’t do this. I was going to have it there then have my clip on fan blow the air around. I have no intake fan just passive intake. Also does anyone know any DIY solution to adding a dry box to the tent so the smell from the drying buds can also get sucked up by my carbon filter

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you heat the tent... the exhaust fan will pull the heat out.
      I would heat the room and have the tent pulling in the hot air.
      You can hang dry with a fish net inside the tent.

• Tiger
      Tiger commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok that’s a good idea I’ll have my heater next to my passive intake. The reason I’m not sure I’ll be able to use my tent to dry is that I’m growing two strains so I’m not sure if they’ll be ready at the same time

I have one of those lights and they draw 30some watts from the wall. Will need to stay real close to the plants.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Is this a professional tent or a home built? If it’s professional there should be pre determined round holes in the tent that the fans and exhaust go into usually one at top and one at bottom.. I’m not sure what light you have but my guess would be 18 inches away from plant or less if you do get another I recommend a 1000w or 1500w yehsense

Comment

Cheers friends, it’s a tent that I got online and yes it has wholes for ducting. The light itself seems to make a lot of light when it’s on. It’s LED and it says it’s 1000W I’m guessing that’s how many it’s equal to I can send a picture of it on if needed

Comment

Just some more pictures
          Attached Files

Comment

you should have 2 fans and intake fan low cfms inline and an exhaust fan high cfm's also inline ,this fan is heavy so it needs to be hung if you screw it to the beams above the tent you will hear it in the entire house I found that if I took a flat rubber rope (oceanstate job lot) cut one end off screw that to the beam pull it as tight as you can and screw the other end into the beam ,your fan should have a mounting bracket this will go between the rubber rope and the beam this will take out all vibration noises, when I started growing I used a long box about 12x12 square I hung twine from end to end cut two holes in the box ,I set the box on top of my light (make sure the top of you light does not get to hot) and hung a clip on fan in front of one hole worked until I started getting bigger yields than the box could hold
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Tiger
              Tiger commented
              Editing a comment
              Do I need an in-line fan I’ve read that the pressure from my carbon filter and exhaust set up will bring air though through the mesh I’ve got a the bottom

The tent is 20 degrees, is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? Once the fan and the light get going it should push the temp up to where you want it. Unless this tent is outdoors.

Comment

• Tiger
              Tiger commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s 20 Celsius , I’ve got an LED so I’m not sure how much heat that will make

• quietlybinary
              quietlybinary commented
              Editing a comment
              20 to 30 degrees during veg is ideal so I think it would be better with out a heater in my opinion

I’ve also just got an exhaust fan and carbon filter set up but the fan is 4” and so loud , any way to counteract this??

just bought a fan speed controller, for two plants will a 4” fan on a lower setting (to reduce noise) be enough
            Last edited by Tiger; 04-16-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              It probably won't reduce the noise a lot but yes it should be sufficient even turned down in a 50cm x 90cm tent.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X