Twofer: PH Down and Photoperiod Flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twofer: PH Down and Photoperiod Flowering

1. I'm running low on PH Down but Amazon indicates I won't get my shipment for almost a month (May 8th). Would I do the plants harm by using regular (pool) PH Down?

2. I've had a plant on 12/12 for four days, to try to initiate flowering. How long should I expect it to take?
    Last edited by BR2K; 04-10-2020, 12:24 PM.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

1. I would check eBay , I just had similar issues when I was ordering nutrients last week.
    2. I'm into week 7 of flowering of my first grow, I can say the earliest I saw pistils was 6 days on one plant and then the rest of my plants were about 10-13 days
    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
    Second.Grow​​
    PC.Grow
    Grow.3
    4th.Grow
    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, on both counts. I'll try eBay.

It's a relief my photoperiod will take a bit longer to flower. It was supposed to be an auto - One of the freebies from the Seedsman Xmas rush.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      eBay has been real good to me lately. Amazon won't deliver anything to my location as of 4 weeks ago. eBay is normal times. Usually 4 to 10 days plus a day or 2 corona slow downs.

Pool chemicals are harsh. You can ph down with pure lemon juice. Organic solutions contain no buffers, but will be more gentle on the plant.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
      Pool chemicals are harsh. You can ph down with pure lemon juice. Organic solutions contain no buffers, but will be more gentle on the plant.
      You rock! I came up with white vinegar but will pick up some lemon juice on my next grocery run.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

My order of GH PH Down is about to ship. I've been using lemon juice for about three weeks, with little or no ill effects. Have any of you regulars used it as such? I see where some people believe that lemon juice increases turpenes and therefore flavor. I have no idea whether that's true but I'm grateful that it served me well. Another tool in the toolbox...

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t believe lemon juice increases turps. Maybe someone else can provide the science on that. I’m not 100% sure.
          I believe beneficial bacteria does though. Try Fish Sh!t. I have had some great results with that stuff.
          Also, I noticed an increased UV spectrum makes the buds more flavorful.
          The most important factor to final flavor is dry and cure process. RH @ 50 and temps below 69F for drying. Never let the buds get 70F or higher, ever, and flavor is maximized.
          Lastly, replacing the jars and burping process with these grove bags (linked below) have had positive results with savoring the turps. I highly recommend these.
          Grove Bags equips growers & consumers to efficiently preserve their quality from Cultivation to Consumption with USA-Made Packaging powered by TerpLoc®

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          "I don’t believe lemon juice increases turps. Maybe someone else can provide the science on that. I’m not 100% sure. 
          I believe beneficial bacteria does though. Try Fish Sh!t. I have had some great results with that stuff. 
          Also, I noticed an increased UV spectrum makes the buds more flavorful. 
          The most important factor to final flavor is dry and cure process. RH @ 50 and temps below 69F for drying. Never let the buds get 70F or higher, ever, and flavor is maximized. 
          Lastly, replacing the jars and burping process with these grove bags (linked below) have had positive results with savoring the turps. I highly recommend these.
          https://grovebags.com/"

Now that's some valuable information, right there. I've got the UV covered with my LEC light. As long as my weather holds up, I'll have the temperature/humidity down too.

As I gain experience, perhaps I'll invest in the grovebags.

The lemon juice is probably just a temporary measure, although I'm impressed with how it's kept my PH level acceptable. It's working on my seedlings (so far) too. My main appreciation is that it's a natural method, as opposed to whatever's in the GH or any other manufactured product.

I don't feel comfortable risking my first crop though.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          A few things.... write an email to grove bags. They hooked me up with some free sample bags just to test them out. They may do the same for you too.
          Lemon juice is an organic method to ph down. GH I don’t believe is totally organic. Some people prefer organic grows to not. I personally use chem and organic feeds. To each is there own.
          I will have to say GH is very gentle on plants (when used in the proper proportions of course). I personally prefer GH over lemon juice because it also contains ph buffers, which means less ph adjustments required over the plants life cycle. When you add ph adjusters, you also increase the tds. So less is more imo.
          If you want a completely organic grow... there are organic buffers available on the market, but it will require more research and picking out what works for you and what is commercially available to your local area.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X