Aerating water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerating water

I got myself a little aquarium air pump to oxygenate my water before watering. Any ideas on how long it takes to saturate with O2?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

If you are trying to get rid of chlorine 24 hours at least.

Comment

Yep what he said if that's what your doing it for.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I tried it a few years ago and saw no difference.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is because it only works with chlorine gas. Many municipalities have switched to chloramines, which do not gas off at all.

I'm talking O2. Chlorine is not an issue. Is that what you're talking about kingfish ? I'm coming at it from an oxygenate hydro water angle.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          w' hell! I'm doing it anyway because it makes me think I'm doing something beneficial. Sorry kingfish. Yeah.

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard Ive thought about doing it too especially if your storing rain water it makes sense to me lol let me know how it works out for ya.

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard, I don't see anything wrong with it. I just personally couldn't see the benefit. However I do use a aerator when I germinate my seeds.

I don't know if I'll be able to tell Willyd My new grow is in soil with perlite. Eating FF trio nutrients. Getting foliar feeding 2-3 times a day. 7-8 hours of sun a day. I will be stimulating myself with a real badass light. I'm growing feminized. And the plants will be going into fabric pots. Everything is or will be new from my last. Noting a difference will be reeeeel tricky.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          lol holy shit id say so. Well happy growing friend can't wait to see the finished product!

Depends on several variables. One will be water temperature. Cold water will oxygenate faster than warm water will. Surface area, flow vs. stagnant.
        I would think with proper temperature, the water would be come oxygenated as soon as it is exposed to o2.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay Toker1. I'm not sure the temperature but it's room temperature. Would cold water shock the roots? The pump is packaged as for a 5-10 gallon aquarium and the air stone is in a half gallon container. That's all I need, at this point. I could be doing 5 gallons.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The amount of DO the water is able to maintain is dependent on water temperature. Some keep their hydro water at 68F, because above that mark the DO capabilities water physically has drops off significantly. Only issue is plant growth is a bit slower. Roots are not shocked, but growth is noticeably slower. Most hydro growers I know operate around 70F. Still plenty of DO and no issues with slowed growth. Once water temps get into 72F, I recommend use of hydroguard. Around 74-75F water is too warm and you might start to see issues.
          Sounds like your air pump is enough for your application.

Just be careful you can change the ph drastically with aeration.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude! I thought it was the pen! I pH'd the water from 7.7 to 6.3 with root nutes. After aerating, the pH went back up.

Lesson learned. pH just before watering, after every bit of fiddlin'.

Yeah, ph will slightly change with the addition of air. Larger fluctuations in ph will occur due to changing water temperatures.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Right, all. I think I'm good with 68° water because my apartment is there or a little lower.
          The is the first time I've had to worry about pH because of the supplements I've been using. Dogdamn don't like it. Bah! I better get award winning plants.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

The two Caramelicious got topped, yesterday, and the same foliar feeding. They got a root nute in their water. The water was aerated.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't the aeration. But damned if the plants don't look like they grew an inch, overnight! More space between nodes and overall height. I'm getting good vibes, folks. You know who you are.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

Yes keeping the water aerated will help out.. it’s highly recommended for any type of hydro.. but in soil it adds many benefits as well.. helps positive microb growth, helps roots develop
              keeps your reservoir from becoming stagnant too

Comment

I've need reading on dissolved oxygen and found a video on YouTube on fluming apparently it raise the oxygen levels higher then a bubbler as long as temps are between 18c to 20c they say 19c would be perfect without affecting the growth.

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My experience with water temps and aero-cloning...19 is slow to produce roots and 20 works perfectly for the strains I use. Roots showing in 2 weeks.

Toker1 you don't say..well good to know..thxs for that info...but I was referring more to the flowering stage like..mid to later stages...what's your input on this just so I know if was doing something wrong that could of been the cause of some of my issues .

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe it is strain dependent. I am prone to say that mountain strains (like the kush types) will be more resilient to cooler temps than the tropical strains would be (like the haze types). This is something you will have to experiment with. Take notes on growth rates, measured in some standard way, and water temps. Optimize your settings for the particular plant you are growing. 👍

Very well said toker1 ...which does help me to understand better of the issue I had with my G13 haze and why she would react the way she did when I'd water her with water temps not in range and I haven't over water a plant in years...I knew it was the temps .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X