Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes the best LED's???

Hey All!!

I've been involved with Cannabis for over 45 years. I've been making concentrates & edibles for about 4 yrs out of other peoples weed. Now I've decided back in Feb to grow my own. I've done my do diligence on research but figured I would ask you experienced growers about LED lights. I would like to know who you think makes the best LED's as far as production & life of light. I'm definitely going with LED's so please don't recommend anything else.

I've built a grow room approx. 4 x 4 x 7. I have everything covered for what I need to get started but held off on the lights since I've been going back & forth on manufacturers of the LED's as far as the specs go for each brand: Viparspectra, King Plus, BestVA, etc.... I'm not interested in wasting $$ so I want the best one right from the get go......

Thanks for ya help!!!

I've grown dynomite stuff with cheap blurples. And white full spectrum quantum boards. In that size grow space if you go with 4 Oneo leds you will kick ass. The same can be said for many other fairly good (1000W) leds. A single QB with an advertised 4x4 flower pattern will no doubt work great. But if you have individual lights you will have more versatility. I've always been impressed by the Oneo's. I currently have 5 of them. I also have a Mars Hydro TWS2000, SF2000 and a couple of Samsung 301h with Meanwell drivers kits, (250W) from the wall each. I will not be getting rid of my Oneo's any time soon.

Comment

Spider farmer. HLG.
      Last edited by Korn; 04-06-2020, 12:08 PM.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

HLG all day long

Comment

Tons of options to choose from as you already know. When shopping LED's I tend to look for specific par ranges and footprint. Fortunatey I have separate rooms for Veg/Bloom so I can buy I buy lights based on my layout and cycle. I recently purchased 2 Electric Sky 300's. Although these lights are full cycle, these are going to be my veg lights.
          I was choosing between ChiLED's, Electric Sky, Loriflux, and HLG 550.

I have used Bloomspect and Mars Hydro lights in the past. While there is nothing wrong with these lights, the footprint is tiny once you start to take PAR readings on them. If you can afford it, spend the extra cash and buy professional LED's. It is worth it IMO.

Good luck to you brother.
          Bloom Room
          16x10
          2 - 600 Watt HPS
          1 - 630 Watt Loriflux LED
          Autopot XL System
          Advanced Nutrients
          Coco/Perlite 70/30

Veg Room
          10x7
          2 - Electric Sky 300 V2
          Autopot XL System
          Floralex Nutrients
          Coco/Perlight 70/30

Current Strain is Citral Glue

Comment

i love my mars hydro ts 3000. Man my plants grow much better than my viperspecta and bloomspects.

Comment

• Tags63
              Tags63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the input. I'm gunna do 1 big LED either Mars TS3000 or Spider Farmers SF-4000 & was set to purchase but because of what's going on in the world today. Amazon has raised prices quite a bit & shipping is taking 3-4 wks & I'm a Prime member. Especially if someone wants one from Spider Farmers. I called directly & they're out of stock & only ships directly from China now. Now may go after the Mars Hydro instead. All bullshit.....LOL

• stump
              stump commented
              Editing a comment
              i love my ts 3000. Both drivers sit outside of the tent and with the long cords they come with it was easy. Doing that really cuts the heat down. I just finished my first run with this light and my plants really performed. Nice hard buds.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              A friend wrote a gift card for his own purchase wrote “ 2 day prime shipping my ass”. Got it 3 days earlier than listed. 😂

Originally posted by stump View Post
            i love my mars hydro ts 3000. Man my plants grow much better than my viperspecta and bloomspects.
            Heck yea Stump.

Between my blurple's and the Mars, I would take the Mars anyday.
            Bloom Room
            16x10
            2 - 600 Watt HPS
            1 - 630 Watt Loriflux LED
            Autopot XL System
            Advanced Nutrients
            Coco/Perlite 70/30

Veg Room
            10x7
            2 - Electric Sky 300 V2
            Autopot XL System
            Floralex Nutrients
            Coco/Perlight 70/30

Current Strain is Citral Glue

Comment

500 watts of lm301b diodes will CRUSH that space. I started with older 'blurple' fixtures and while they can grow 'some' dank, I discovered that current technology diodes are almost twice as efficient at converting watts of electricity into photons of light.
              Agreed that efficiency costs more upfront but it makes up for that in HVAC costs(or just the ability to run in warmer temps).
              I ended up diy my first fixtures three years ago and they are still rocking.
              HLG, Rapidled, Timber, PLC and Chilledgrowlights are all great US sources.
              I also use an alibaba QB clone I bought from meiju(kingbrite is also another trusted vendor)-they are currently offering 240w versions for about $100. A pair of those would also work well.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!! I will be checking these options out & buying this week.....

Comment

HLG 550 QB or the Optic Slim 600h with the samsung horticulture chips 301h i believe
                  3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
                  New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
                  Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
                  5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Evidence shows the b and the h code strips are identical....marketing labels only

Buy the best QBoards, that you can afford?
                  They might cost you more, but they are well worth the cash.
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

I sincerely believe the law of diminishing returns comes into play here. I have (2) 600 watt Viparspectras a low end (price wise anyway) light that does the job. Some of the QB leds retailing for near $1000 are in my opinion economically unviable. Do you know how much flower you can buy in CO with a 1000 bucks? I have T5s, T8s, CFLs, CMH315, and HPS as well, and all serve certain stages of growth effectively. Don't put all of your eggs into one basket no matter how trendy that basket may appear. If you still insist on higher priced LEDs this is a bit cheaper on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Farmer..._=sb_s_sparkle It's Amazon's Choice. Can Jeffrey be wrong?

Comment

• Tags63
                      Tags63 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the input. I'm gunna do 1 big LED & was set to purchase but because of what's going on in the world today. Amazon has raised prices quite a bit & shipping is taking 3-4 wks & I'm a Prime member. Especially if someone wants one from Spider Farmers. They are out of stock & ship directly from China now. All bullshit.....LOl

• Farmall
                      Farmall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Check nebulas test comparison. She just published her test results pdf’s today.... led is a clear advantage

• starramus
                      starramus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Farmall Nah I'm too cheap to blow that kind of dough for the minimal increase in yield. MY HPS does the job for far less. I just bought a second HPS as a back up as my old Apollo is getting up there in years. I now have 3 spare bulbs, and of course a spare ballast. This minimalist old dog has stimulated his own bank account. The Vivosun HPS is a great gift from the Chinese proletariat for next to nothing.

I switched mid-grow from a T5 panel to an Advanced Platinum P300. The girls in veg accelerated their growth after the first day under the LED. I never grew more than 2 decent sized plants at once under the T5 but now I've got 6 at full-size!
                    Coconut Grove
                    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I vegged these 8 beauties under my T5s. I gave one of the plants to my son Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0330.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	395802
                      so I could call them the Seven Sisters for all of you Pleiadeans out there.

Comment

Who builds the best LED fixtures....
                        Well Mars Hydro, Viprasectra & Spider Farmer are good lights but if I could get Farmall Obi-Wan or @YYcanibis to build me a "some assembly required" fixture..... oooo doggie!! I would relegate the Mars Hydro to the veg tent & throw the T5s in the trash in a flash!!!

Comment

• starramus
                          starramus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          JDU if you can get the parts I am sure that assembly would easily be in your purview. I use to do a lot of Heathkits back in the the golden age of electronics. It's so easy even a caveman did it!

• starramus
                          starramus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          However I just bought a back up for my HPS. (2) 600 Watt HPS will give me one helluva PAR in my 5X5 tent. And so cheap from Jina. mispronunciation intended! I've just realized i need these fine Chinese products far more than T-Rump!

• starramus
                          starramus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You sent a payment of $136.36 USD to 赛诺韦尔实业(上海)有限公司

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X