• Show
Clear All

SOIL Using URINE as fertilizer

Its lockdown here due to corona
    My orders got canceled
    I was wondering if i can use urine as fertilizer for vegetative phase
    I have read that urine is good for plants
    Urine has NPK ratio around 10 1 3

95% of the 0.8-1.5L of urine each person produces per day is water, but the last 5% is comprised of both the macro-nutrients all gardeners are familiar with — Nitrogen (N), Phosphorous (P), and Potassium (K) — as well as some trace micro-nutrients. While the actual content will vary slightly depending on your diet, your urine is generally a well balanced nitrogen rich fertilizer straight out of your body.

How to use

Once collected, urine can either be stored or applied immediately. The application can be done in a variety of spreading methods. The most basic application would be to use a watering can. You can choose to dilute the urine anywhere from 1:1 to 1:15 with water, the most common being ~1:5, or apply it straight. Take care to apply the urine directly to the soil, avoiding foliar feeding the leaves and fruits.

Anyone tried this?

Why don't you use cow poop I thought you had great soil? You could put cow poop in a bucket fill it with water let it sit strain it and use it best free N tea. May want to dilute it with water but it's great.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I thought you had good soil too. You can always use molasses to help keep your soil alive.

• nextpablo420
      nextpablo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Urine has NPK ratio around 10 1 3
      Which means it has high nitrogen
      Which is good for vegetative phase

And cow dung has npk ratio around 6:3:2
      It has less nitrogen and more phosphorus as compared to urine, which is good for flowering phase.
      I have used cow dung in preparing my soil

And will also use it in flowering phase

I’ve seen it done with success and with failure (lack of proper diluting). The other 5% of Urine is Urea (protein waste). Although urine comes out sterile, it can collect bacteria if it’s left out in room temp for too long.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• nextpablo420
      nextpablo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am using fresh urine
      Diluting 8:1

Lots of uric acid is also the cause of gout. I'm not going to risk giving my plants gout. Nor myself for saturating my cabannabannabdial system with weed with gout. If my friends wound up with gout, I would feel absolutely horrible. Have you ever pee'd on a camp fire to put it out? Not you, ladies. Or, whatever you've gotten yourselves into. You know who you are. Godawful horrible smell. Good to do upwind of camping neighbors downwind who are camping assholes. I hate camping assholes. No respect for others. Blasting their music. Getting drunk loud and vulgar. Making loud noise past quiet hour. And their meth selling friends who show up on motorcycles and make one pot meth. Then you have a bunch of drunk bikers on bad tweak who steal your weed and get gout. And when they wake up, they can't ride their obnoxious motorcycles to chase after me when I piss on my upwind campfire and their own, because they have gout.

Maybe piss on one plant, don't piss on the other. Use cow shit instead. Per SoOrbudgal . But consider flushing cow shit with piss come flowering time. If you get real dehydrated and have dark piss, it might help bring out the amber trich's. The piss grown weed you can save for when the bikers come to steal your shit. Have the piss/gout weed out in the open. Keep the cow shit weed hidden. Haha! Joke's on them! They got gout! Camping assholes. And I'll leave a couple cases of bottles of Budweiser on their picnic table. I'm going to piss in all of them and drop in an Alka-Seltzer, before putting the tops back on. The bottles will give a refreshing hiss of freshness. They won't know the difference in smell or taste and will get super morbid gout and have to sell their bikes and quit drinking and doing meth to pay for gout treatment. It's such a medieval infliction that you would have to go to England for treatment. Tell them you want the non marital Henry VIII treatment.

And with that, I have something secret to do.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Soil is good
      Plants are doing well
      They are dark green
      But problem is they are 3.5 week old
      Have lots of leaves but height is very low
      Like 3,4 inch
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Height is more of a strain specific thing compares to what it's fed. I got plants that eat way more juice and stay shorter than the tall bastards that get insulted with a full strength feeding.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X