mixing water for use in supersoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mixing water for use in supersoil

Hey GWE family so i've decided to switch to supersoil and was curious to know since you cant use straight distilled water with it could you possibly mix distilled with harder water to get your desired ph rather than using a ph up solution or is there too many unknowns in the hard water that could harm the plant?

Toker1 and Jordann , I'd love to get your opinions.

Comment

I use plain tap water. Mine is fairly good. But you still need to make sure you have proper ph. So I would say too much variation in tap water ph to be sure you are in the proper zone.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Some say you don't have to worry about pH when using supersoil, it's never been something I use though I mix my own soil but I like the control of using nutrients keeping everything tip top, and pushing to the max without burning anything, some people like supersoil for the simplicity of just water when it's dry and not worry about anything else. I would still pH between 5 and 6 for supersoil, so if your tap water is in that range I would just use that. But people use straight r o water without pH it and have had good results. There would be some grow journals in the completed grow journal section at the top of the forum. Should be marked supersoil yada yada yada grow... Something to look into for others insight.

Here's some women sun tanning with snow in the background
        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
        4 plants currently under 500w
        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Thank you Toker1 and Jordann I really appreciate it. Jordann that is why you are one of my go to's lol

Comment

• Jordann
            Jordann commented
            Editing a comment
            Love to help any way I can on here. Thanks.

Yes, assuming the water PH isn’t hovering around 8.... like mine can sometimes. If that is your case as well, you will need to adjust. Even when growing in super soil.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

It's up pretty high probably around the 8 mark

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              All I can say is the more buffers you have in the soil, the longer it will hold the proper ph. If the root zone is at a ph of 8, you are going to see problems.

During the class I took last May, SiriusFourside told us tap water of proper ph is good but should you need to question any type of balance, use spring water until she comes back in line. I have done it this way and my dry yield on a black cherry was over 630 grams dry. This is not distilled water which may contain compounds of the distillation processing metals

Comment

oh ya I wont be using that water thats for sure.

Comment

I think my tap water is around 7.5 and I haven't had any issues with the super soil so far. They say you're not supposed to have to worry about it so much, if at all so I've just been watering without adjusting. The ladies seem to be happy so I won't change it unless something changes.

Comment

Frankly, the only issue I ever had with supersoil was a slight premature yellowing of lower leaves towards the end of flowering. It is a result of overwatering weeks earlier. Not that there is any run off , there isn’t. But it takes a bit of practice knowing how much water you are using and how much the plants need. Once you have this under control, supersoil is a significant medium for producing organic juice-able leaves, and chemical free bud. That makes for a truer medicinal form of cannabis

Comment

I am afraid of the watering part less is going to be more for sure

Comment

• Farmall
                      Farmall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Takes a bit of getting accustomed to when your instincts dictate otherwise...but the result is worth the control. You’re watching anyway so if it seems like they are wilting from lack of water....water them

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X