2nd year adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd year adventures

As I enter my second year as a grower I just wanted to take a moment to say THANKS to everyone who helped me get to where I am today.

Only a year ago I was clueless and asking Mr.furley and DingusKhan stupid questions like where do the buds grow 😅

Now I'm producing more consistent grows and even starting to use some more advanced techniques like trellis netting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200320_063450.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	385955

But as springtime approaches and I feel a tiny bit more social I realize that I am starting to miss making grow journals/staying in touch with everyone here.

So please feel free to follow along and join the conversation. Let us know how your grow is going, or simply stop by and say hello. With any luck we'll both learn something new.
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Nice canopy ocgreen
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I used the "Furley method" from your plant training thread to top and train these beautiful girls 🙏

Welcome back to the grow ocgreen good to see ya and your plants look lush and healthy
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal. What are you growing these days?

Originally posted by ocgreen View Post
    As I enter my second year as a grower I just wanted to take a moment to say THANKS to everyone who helped me get to where I am today.

Only a year ago I was clueless and asking Mr.furley and DingusKhan stupid questions like where do the buds grow 😅

Now I'm producing more consistent grows and even starting to use some more advanced techniques like trellis netting:

Name:	20200320_063450.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	385955

But as springtime approaches and I feel a tiny bit more social I realize that I am starting to miss making grow journals/staying in touch with everyone here.

So please feel free to follow along and join the conversation. Let us know how your grow is going, or simply stop by and say hello. With any luck we'll both learn something new.
    Hey ocgreen, Congrats on the 1 year mark. I am in the same boat as you and nearing the 1 year mark. You have a great looking grow there and I am along for the ride.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear about the injury and work slowdown. Seems a lot of folks are experiencing these types of hardships lately.

Mephisto Genetics all it's cracked up to be? I was going to try them but ended up having such a bad experience with autos (FastBuds) that I stopped growing them altogether

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      In my limited experience with different breeders and strains I am real happy with Mephisto so far but I think there are many good breeders and strains that will be great to grow. Autos are less forgiving due to their fast life span but with your newfound experience I think you would have no problems growing them well

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Well maybe I will give them a shot in the future. Their Walter White, Pink Panama and a few others sound really great.

My gosh, that looks awesome! Please let us know your thoughts, after you've consumed, on the Mokum's Tulip.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my 2nd run of Mokum's Tulip and I am very much impressed. It is frosty, fragrant and full of flavour! The buzz is initially euphoric and clear headed (not as heavy as some may like) and eventually starts making the eyelids heavy. Exactly how I like it!

Well ocgreen got me alittle photo grow going on. GSCookie, OGkush, Mango bout 3wks in flower

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow those look really well developed and happy for only 3 weeks into flower. Great choice of strains

Hey OC! I've missed you too, and damn that's a tent full of "where the buds grow"

I've been crazy busy in these very interesting times, and I have no idea if I'm going to get even busier or will have tons of time to share my grow with all of you.

I miss all of you GWE! I'll try to get to a post this weekend, but my itinerary is already pretty packed with all sorts of activities.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear from you DingusKhan. I enjoyed reading about your most recent grow (and strong sense of community you're building out in Oregon) as part of your latest journal. Looking forward to your next post
      Last edited by ocgreen; 03-21-2020, 05:18 AM.

Nice canopy. How do you find it accessing the plants at the back of the tent when using scrog? Just curious as I was thinking about using this next time but I struggle to get into mine at the moment without having to move plants around.

Comment

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I’m going to see how my current grow goes using only LST, so far the canopy has been pretty even but there are signs of a couple of colas stretching ahead of the rest. I think I’d need to increase my space if I was using scrog for the reasons you mentioned below.

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I like my 4x4 tent all 3 sides open right up would be perfect for some Scroggins. Easy to access the pots in the back, mine are easy to take out and come out mind you and they do, daily. Looking at a scrog for a couple grows from now. It's been a few years, don't even know where my nets are anymore. I got a full 4x4 sea of green, no screen. Putting the time in to keep it even is a full time job though, keeps the time passing in these sketchy times.

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true -- 4x4 with windows on all sides would make it easier. I have one of those so maybe I will just go 2 plants per side in the 8x4 and 4 in the 4x4

With 4 Mokum's Tulip doing well using coco and trellis:

Name:	20200324_150829.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	387465

And 2 DWC Gorilla Zkittlez alongside a 5th MT quickly filling the other half

Name:	20200324_151645.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	387466

I'd say that the 8x4 is ready to flip
    Up next:

Comment

6 days since flip to 12/12 light schedule:

Name:	20200331_055802.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	390205

Lots of bud sites and you can barely see the trellis net anymore! 😍

Unlike past grows, I'm basically taking top fan leaves every day to increase airflow and light penetration, and removing any growth below a certain point ("lollipopping").

The other half of tent is starting to fill up with just 2x DWC Gorilla Zkittlez and a MT

Name:	20200331_064809.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	390206

Hoping to continually fill the hole in bottom left via training.

Feels good to be growing in buckets one last time before next fall/winter!

Thanks for stopping by!
      Attached Files
      Up next:

Comment

Field of green looking great oc. Sure looks like you'll be busy tucking and plucking.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

F14 hair cut

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200405_202607.jpg Views:	22 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	391963

As I look at the photo I think maybe I didn't take enough---hard to believe I removed hundreds of fan leaves already.
          Last edited by ocgreen; 04-08-2020, 07:40 AM.
          Up next:

Comment

Gave the grow space a good scrub down until everything was sparkly clean and organized

Name:	20200408_082228.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	392825

Moved 2 Mokum's Tulip to the 2x4:

Name:	20200408_082426.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	392826

Planning to harvest 2x Mokum's Tulip sitting in my 4x4 and 2x Mokum's Tulip in the 3x3 some time this week. Those spaces will get filled with the same number and type of plants which have been vegging from clone for a few weeks.

Operation: grow enough to last all summer on target so far!

Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Good looking grow and plan oc. Nice clean setup healthy start. Those look like they'll produce well great spread

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks SoOrbudgal hope you're keeping well during the pandemic etc. I'm looking forward to using the trellis net for first time in the smaller space

ocgreen we are very well indeed thank goodness for outdoor yard work. I have not done a scrog since the dog chewed up the bamboo one I made LOL only got to use it once.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear. I was able to pick up some nice ones for about 10-15 per net. Brand is Secret Jardin. Looks like trellis netting method gives me that symmetrical canopy I crave so I'm probably going to use it for all grows moving forward

Ended up going with a single plant in the 3x3 because I dont want it to be so crowded

Name:	20200409_215048.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	393544

She should end up being a pretty impressive plant given she has been vegging for a few weeks already and will get a dedicated 315W CMH light during flower

Time for a coffee break 😎

Name:	20200409_215338.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	393545
            Up next:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X