No announcement yet.

2nd year adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8x4 drying in low 20s temp (C) and high 40s-low 50s RH. Smells great but I would say about a week to go... and the next hydro bill is going to cost a fortune!

2x4 now has 480w instead of 240w and doing well
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200525_215304_resize_14.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	410436

4x4 now has 480w LED and 315W CMH ☀️😎

When I planned to compare LED vs CMH I didnt stop to think that I would have some lights (that were in 8x4) available after that tent finished.

8x4 tent and equipment has been cleaned, disinfected and disassembled until closer to fall

Oh and i almost forgot... say hello to Mama Mokum:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200528_113347_resize_0.jpg Views:	2 Size:	311.0 KB ID:	410437

keeping her in veg all summer long and will use her to cut my clones for fall 2020 grow

So far the plan to grow enough to last all summer is shaping up to be a huge success! 🙏
    Last edited by ocgreen; 05-28-2020, 10:39 AM.
    Up next:
    [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Mom that's what I did shut down cleaned patio 3x3 tent till ?? Just using 4x4 in house. Man one of these days I need to start a seed of this " dutch dope" someone gave me these seeds no clue what they are I thought they may be Mokums tulip but they wrote dutch dope on them LOL maybe I will do just one gawwd I got so many going now though?? Well i'll just give another GSC away she's about 3ft tall now.

• ocgreen
      ocgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      I say plunk a Dutch Dope and see how it goes! I am so happy i found MT. The high is very similar to some Gelato dispensary bud I picked up before I started growing. Mostly a calm and clear headed type buzz. Not for everyone though.

But if you're giving away a 3ft GSC I hope they come back a few months later with a big bag full of "thanks".

Buds in the F37 2x4 (480W LED) look like they're maturing rapidly but not growing. It's the strangest thing. But basically it seems like ever since I gave them a good defoliation around F21 they started "maturing" (e.g. majority of pistils going orange rapidly) faster than others from same mother plant at same stage of flower in different tents. The 2x4 also has purple around edges of leaves which I dont see in the other two tents. Any ideas what's happening?

Photos of 2x4 tent and bud closer up:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_204603_resize_15.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	776.1 KB
ID:	411920

Name:	20200601_061939_resize_65.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	411921

Buds in 3x3 also F37 cloned from same mother:

Name:	20200529_204658_resize_83.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	994.9 KB
ID:	411922

Name:	20200529_204649_resize_76.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	411923

The 3x3 is more what I would expect at this stage. Some may argue that I should defoliate more but my experience with 2x4 has left me reluctant.

All in my head? Or what's going on here?
    Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Outstanding

Some of you may have noticed I was dealing with a spider mite problem last few days (that I got help with as part of a separate thread).

after reading some articles and anecdotal feedback on forums I thought my crop was toast and I would never rid myself of these resilient bastards. But I made some changes:
    - removed any damaged leaves
    - washed stems and any remaining leaves with 50/50 iso/water
    - increased airflow
    - stopped using extra lights (less heat)
    - turned off dehumidifer (they like dry areas)

3x3 wasnt too bad and looks like it will be ok

Name:	20200603_203100_resize_42.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	413029

4x4 was pretty bad. So many leaves removed and stress from.the mites. I expect this tent will hermie. Still want to try and rescue it and see where it goes

Name:	20200603_203151_resize_78.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	413028

2x4 is a real letdown. Note how they're dropping and look so sad. And of course this was the tent with the prettiest buds --- lots of purple.

Name:	20200603_203001_resize_1.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	413030
    Ended up cutting a few colas entirely as it seemed like the mites were concentrated in the corners of tent on those colas. Also removed a lot of damaged leaves. Not sure if any of this will survive the roughly 18 days until harvest but will learn something

​​​
    Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I have ever noticed any infestation of mites indoor. I am so sorry this happened to your tents I sure hope these can be salvaged. Is it possible to post a terrible looking infested bud or some damaged buds what they look like with spider mites. I know in tutorials they show damaged photo but if we can see them in a going thread maybe good learning for folks and see if damage is reparable. Only if you feel like doing so OC.

I dont see any webs or anything. Doesn't look like any buds are damaged but basically a lot of fan leaves in one tent had white flecks all over them. misdiagnosed as some type of nutrient deficiency and ignored it like a fool. Probably tracked them from tent to tent at some point.

The colas/branches I cut off... well, those ones basically had all leaves with little white flecks on it (even the ones closest to buds) so I figured why chance it and chopped it off. They didnt have the crazy webs or infestations i see online. But some of the leaves looked like this underneath 🤮

Name:	20200602_081047_resize_13.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	413129

Here are two photos of the worst colas I didnt cut off in 2x4

Name:	20200604_064734_resize_84.jpg
Size:	573.1 KB
ID:	413131

Name:	20200604_064744_resize_96.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	935.0 KB
ID:	413132

Name:	20200602_070041_resize_8.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	785.5 KB
ID:	413130

I need to get a magnifying glass and really take a closer look at this tent. Not sure any of it will make it.

I dont know if it's a coincidence but I think big contributing factors to the outbreak was that I added a bunch new lights (more heat), dropped humidity. Makes it ideal conditions.

Can try to take more photos as needed if that's helpful.

Up next:

Comment

Do you know a grower with a CO2 tank to lend? I've heard of flooding the tent with it to suffocate the little bastards. You just have to be careful not to suffocate any living things you want to keep.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont think so. At this point I am just so thankful that I seemed to have caught it really early in the 3x3 and a good chunk of the 4x4 was unaffected. Time and a good magnifying glass will tell if i can hold it off long enough in 2x4 for good buds to fatten up and ripen

Rather than compete with the heat of summer while growing indoors, my plan since last summer was to shutdown for a couple months.

But recently I realized that I will miss the process of gardening and opted to build a planter/create my first ever vegetable garden using the square foot method.

Name:	20200605_104952.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	413548

Current plan:

4th row l to r: cucumber, nasturtiums, cucumber, broccoli, peas, cucumber, nasturtiums, cucumber

3rd row: tomatoes, basil, dill, tomatoes, ?, ?, lavender, tomatoes

2nd row: herb trio, ?, marigolds, chives, herb trio, marigold, lettuce, lettuce

1st row: kale, radish, carrots, marigolds, ?, carrots, lettuce, lettuce

Containers: squash, zucchini, strawberries, peppermint, rosemary, raspberries

Should be fun!
      Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It is fun ocgreen enjoy

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        nasturtiums are edible if I remember correctly. probably wouldn't eat the marigolds though. )

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        The nasturtiums and marigolds are supposed to help with pest prevention. Wife wants to put the nasturtiums on salad but personally not excited at the idea of eating flowers

No signs of mites in 3x3 still. Final week (flush) before harvest

Losing the battle in the 2x4. Will try washing that bud maybe just to see how that turns out. Maybe make some hash from the washed bud. Most likely I will just toss any branches with leaves or buds that looked like they were impacted.

4x4 is under control but some colas have signs of mite damage. Basically working to limit the numbers and keep a good majority of colas/leaves from getting touched. Plan is to possibly wash any colas that have any signs of mites. But again, probably just tossing anything with signs of mites.

Next time I will post an update about the batch before last of Mokum's which has been curing for about two months now and is AMAZING as well as my recent 8x4 harvest which I'm STILL trimming every night. I think it will be my record g/watt and g/sq ft as expected.
      Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Pictures didn't show up

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Give him a break he's having a tuff time - i can imagine - never thought i would get used to it - but - i no longer have a problem having to cull bad bad plants. I dumped 2 a week ago cuz they were from a hermied plant and were producing loose and larfy buds that i do not have a use for . Garbagemen took them away this morning.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Vodka and some really strong pot may have contributed t0 the technical difficulties we're encountering 😆

Happy.Friday! Been a long wek

Let's try this again

Name:	20200611_201735_resize_83.jpg
Size:	518.1 KB
ID:	416376

Name:	20200611_201831_resize_20.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	544.4 KB
ID:	416377

Name:	20200611_201809_resize_58.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	416378

Name:	20200609_193845(0)_resize_38.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	949.6 KB
ID:	416379

Name:	20200609_193825_resize_27.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	817.7 KB
ID:	416380

Decided the next stuff I'm growing is Grand Daddy Purple by Blimburn Seeds and Northern Lights by Sensi Seeds

Here's a pic of some cured Mokum's Tulip I am really happy about

Name:	20200610_124915_resize_75.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	759.7 KB
ID:	416381

Shame about the 2x4 but really I have more weed than I ever had in my life x5 so I cant complain about 2 plants not turning out
      Up next:

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        The Bruce Banner and the Skywalker OG I just grew under my new LED are about as frosty as the top five pics but can't match the MT. I've never seen kief collect in the bottoms of the curing jars like that.

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol SoOrbudgal if you were in Canada I would send you some for sure because you have been such a nice grower friend since I first joined . Agree the trichome build up on that photo of dry bud is crazy. All genetics. I didnt do anything special -- even screwed things up a couple times 😆

Yep that sounds about right UndergroundFarmer --- bruce banger is probably the 2nd frostiest I've growm. Real good but just doesnt touch the MT. Really easy to grow too.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking buds. Too bad about the mites. Hope it doesn't cause you too much loss.
        I agree. Bruce Banger is a super frosty plant. I have maybe 3 week to go on mine and it is only building more.

Well i got something similar i just have not spouted them yet cause they are reg. seeds and i'm into building my pantry stock and don't want to waste the time and space. Something called Dutch Dope forgot who gave them to me.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Seems like the 8x4 trimming just won't end. Getting through a Mason jar or two worth of trimmed bud every night. Up to 13 jars at this point. Probably about 15 hangers worth or dried left to trim. My largest harvest by far.

Tossed the 2 plants in the 2x4

Harvesting the 3x3 and 4x4 by end of week
        Up next:

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's difficult throwing out plants you put energy into - next time will be easier.

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Shame because they were so close to end. But those mites are just so aggressive that I found myself getting stressed out trying to fight it. Not worth it, especially considering I must have at least a couple pounds at this point.

Thinking about placing an order for some GDP by Blimburn Seeds and some CBD Critical Mass by Dinafem for my next/fall grow. Looking for a good nighttime (GDP) and a nice tasting and mild strain for my wife (CBD Critical Mass).

Anyone here have experience growing either strain?
        Up next:

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          ocgreen i've grown GDP purchased from USA. Any indica with a tad of CBD is doing well by us, even the hybrids these strains are getting stronger for us casual tokers.

I've grown GDP from ILGM. Sorry for the alphabet soup. The only plant I've raised to harvest didn't produce much because it was a short pheno and was dominated by the other plants. I haven't smoke tested it. There isn't much to test, just larf that I would have chopped up with the trim if it wasn't all I got from that grow. The clones in my flowering tent are from a mom from a different seed and different pheno that grows taller. Both of the clones are doing well in ScrOG and might outproduce the other two strains. Honestly I've got my shtuff together much better than last grow and the results are already showing.

I've got big hopes for GDP being my go-to for sleep once this batch is finished. I've been relying on some GG1 sold as "The Glue" in Trinidad, CO aka "Sister Glue" on some sites. It does OK but I'm not impressed with the high. I've got some gummies that are mostly made from Afghani that work well but I save them for the non-combustion folks in my household. It would be so nice if Missouri could get its medical dispensaries going so I could try GDP but C-19 is screwing that all up.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          I am waiting for my local seed shop to open again. They have online orders but i prefer cash sale. If they don't open soon I may roll the dice with Seedsman because my local cant match Seedsman's variety. Where do you grab from in Canada?

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have my current autoflowers growing from Farmers Lab seeds in Vancouver

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Canuck147 will check them out

I have received seeds from
        Seedsman twice(5_7 weeks )
        The Vault 5_6 weeks.
        Bomb Seeds 5-6 weeks
        Mephisto Genetics for autos 1week twice.
        Seedstockers 7-8 weeks.

Covid has added 2-3 weekd at least for international.

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          1 week for Mephisto? Damn. That makes me want to give autos another shot

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X