Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diagnostic and treatment help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR2K not really. Secure facility. Limited traffic, only people we trust.

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Would it be possible for someone to access the outside air intakes to the grow area and spray herbicide in? The more I look at your pics, my gut screams herbicides. I would take several plants in to a lab for contaminant testing.

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      Korn not really. Sealed environment. I'll take your advice and go get a few tested though.

FlyingDutchPaddy good thinking, but I'm reasonably certain it's not the water. I have a high dollar RO system in place, and there are other commercial grows in the same industrial complex I'm in that are not experiencing problems, that are using the same water supply.
    Last edited by Serapium; 03-16-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchPaddy
      FlyingDutchPaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      so input water is treated to be RO...
      do you have any sterilisation in the process before the end-product water is used?

the other thing that comes to mind, perhaps something nasty lingering in your watering equipment?

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Are these other grows yours or competitors?

FlyingDutchPaddy there is a UV sterilizer in line as the final stage prior to output from the RO system. I have changed all output hoses.

Comment

Serapium Is it possible to see more photo of effected plant? Are they on auto feeds?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Hand fed at the moment, which gives me the ability to vary feed rates and nutrient levels to separate segments of the population. I'll get some additional photos of affected plants in the AM.

What kind of heating in the building? (if heat is needed) And yes more pics!

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise it's gas heat, but hasn't been running. I'm having to use AC to control temps.

Bad batch of soil or coco?
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        I've tried several different ones at this point.

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Shit 😔 I mix my own out of 6 different varieties and once I mixed improperly when amending with nutrients back in the day. Some got really high levels of ferts and did what yours are doing and others were completely unaffected.

Also have you considered the possibility of a viral vector?
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Korn yes, but I'm not sure how to test for that. Recommendations?

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        Viruses can be detected but I believe it would require an RNA analysis similar to those being done to detect the Corona virus. I understand the lockdown of testing facilities at this time may put a damper on that plan for now. As far as agriculture is concerned, certain viruses can be deduced from observations of the plant’s growth changes, discoloration, lack of fruit production, etc. For example the tobacco mosaic virus when it attacks tomato plants creates an unmistakeable mosaic “look” in the infected plant. No treatment for that is recommended except removing the infected tomato plants from the rest of the good plants and destroying them to prevent the virus from spreading.
        Last edited by Korn; 03-17-2020, 03:19 PM.

Going off of what norm touched on is it possible that the air is the culprit? Not enough co2? Clog in the air filter?

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Daskahn I've got particulate filters on everything. Not supplementing with CO2 yet (currently being installed) but it's running at ambient 430 - 450 at the moment.

Here are some pics I found showing herbicide damage on tomato plants. 2,4 D is a growth regulator that causes leaf curling, deformity, twisting of petioles, stunting, etc. Have you consulted with an extension agent who is educated about herbicides?
      Last edited by Korn; 03-16-2020, 10:36 PM.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Korn I have a call in to the local OSU extension office but they haven't responded yet. I think given their attachment to an educational institution that has now announced closure due to COVID it may be a bit.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I did not read all comments but upon 1st glance they reminded me of some tomato plants I grew in black plastic pots where the soil was too hot(rich) and the soil also got baked in hot temps resulting in twisted growth of some of the branches and leaves.
        I had to repot in amended/blended soil and protected the pots in shade to help the tomatoes recover somewhat.

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like a mix between pot and tomato...

The first pic looks like they were doing good at one point, they are certainly unhappy. Do you have pics as they go into this phase? Did anything change with these girls? Also the ones you killed, did you inspect the root mass? If so what did it look like? I think I would take a sample of the grow medium to your local Ag center and have it tested, $10-$20 bucks for the test here.

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise they were all extremely healthy up until recently. I'll get some snaps of what it looks like early onset. I did inspect the root mass. The entire rhizosphere looks healthy and no obvious signs of infestation or contamination.

Korn competitors.

Comment

Rwise here's two in a side-by-side comparison. Same mom. Same coco. Same environment. Same feeding schedule and amounts. Same age.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I see the same white and light green spots on both, some claws also. (this is what makes me think bugs) I will take it they were about the same size when potted. The little girl is definitely unhappy, when you inspected the roots, was the mass as large as it should be? (for her age) Also have you used something like Voodoo Juice to help root growth? Foliar feeding anything? I am running out of ideas for it to be something other than a viral, or intentional thing.

• Serapium
          Serapium commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise root masses are EXTREMELY healthy. Very dense, properly formed, nice and white. I've examined plant material, root material, and growing medium under a bona fide microscope. There is absolutely zero indication of any kind of insect or pest vector.
          Last edited by Serapium; 03-22-2020, 03:59 PM.

Clone genetics go to shit?
        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
        4 plants currently under 500w
        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I am new to clones myself, and I do see some odd things with clones that I dont see on plants from seed. If it were the genetics it would be most or all of them. (IMHO)

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe some fertilizer that turned to shit with time or something

• Serapium
          Serapium commented
          Editing a comment
          Jordann if I didn't have clones cut from the same mothers running at another facility in perfect health I'd be inclined to think that was possible - but it also affected plants from about 14 different strains. I also changed up nutrients, fed quarantined batches of what appeared to be healthy plants an entirely different mixture, and a few other things that rule out a bad batch of food or medium.

Serapium Inquiring minds want to know - Any updates?
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Update update please. Pics too if you're not too busy. We're all following this thread.

Good God, I am literally sick to my stomach. This has been by far the worst thing I've ever experienced as a cannabis grower.

Since my first post in this thread, whatever viral vector infected my plants spread like wildfire, no matter what I tried. Plants that were perfectly healthy one day were clawing and going yellow just a few hours later. I've sought help from everyone available, including the local extension office - who said they would not touch or advise on ​​​​​cannabis.

I still have no discrete answer in terms of what virus (or even if it is a virus) infected this grow, how it started, what the transmission vectors are, or what any possible effective treatment would have been.

I had to make the awful decision today to burn everything and start over. I just filled up an 8 cubic yard dumpster with about 2,500 plants that were almost all perfectly healthy just a week ago.

I first noticed these symptoms in a few plants about 6 weeks ago. At the time I didn't think much of it. Anyone who has grown large quantities of cannabis knows that sometimes you get a few plants that just have weird growth patterns. That's what this seemed like to me at first, and for the first week or two I tried to nurse those effected plants along. So a word to the wise: if you have something you don't know what it is, chuck the plant.

Once I realized that whatever it is was spreading, I spent another week attempting a cure (see elsewhere in this thread for the range of things I tried.)

Perhaps if I had just jumped directly to triage once I identified that it was spreading I could have saved a bunch of them. At this point I'll never know.

Things progressed very slowly up until a week ago, and I had plants that mostly all looked healthy. I had quarantined those affected and started to dispose of them, but about a week ago everything went to hell.

It's kind of surreal having to do what amounts to a mass grave due to viral infection while the entire world is simultaneously dealing with a viral pandemic of its own.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X