Daylight savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight savings

Did anyone else's plants get only 11hrs of sleep last night?
    How do y'all work around that?

Too late, amigo. You've already complied to 'the' government's further control of time. Good luck with that whole, only 11 hours thing. They're going to give you 13 hours later in the year. Make your mind feel a little blown?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

I set a timer, it doesn’t change with the actual time until I change it.. so I generally just change it for the next “day cycle” guess it was really cloudy for that hour

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here.

Gingerbeard lol yeah- I guess I felt the Government bend me over haha. Oregon has an initiative to join Arizona in ignoring daylight savings time. I hope it passes. Daskahn I had a timer set..... Too bad it was a smart digital fancy unit that changed time like a phone.

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        Pfft high tech gadgetries are for those willing to submit to the ai overlords will of controlling time and reality and the all seeing eye

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        That almost sounds like I should take offence....??

In Saskatchewan we always stay the same time. Who has time to change all of their clocks?

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Right!?!? For cryin out loud we got lives to lead!!!

I do not change my timers, I also dont really follow a clock all the time change means to me is whatever TV show I was watching now comes on an hour different. The gov has told all y'all to do this and you do it. Back when I worked many of the jobs I had we changed the working hours to combat this conspiracy. And what is DST really for? Well I'll tell you, it's so you go spend more of your money, yep more time to shop, more time to run the boat, etc..

Comment

Every year I hear about a movement to lobby “POLITICIANS” to change this nonsense and keep it at the same level all year long. Sadly, this has not happened but there appears to be growing expression of voices saying the same thing...I don’t know bout you folk but the loss of the hour in spring screws me up way more than the fall.

Joined September 2018 but after 1000 posts needed to reset user name. I cound’nt count that high. Farmall2 is smarter 🤓

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure did when I was working but not now I could give a flying fart about time LOL please don't send me a flying fart

• Farmall2
          Farmall2 commented
          Editing a comment
          In the scene in EASY RIDER as Wyatt and Billie are sitting on their motorcycles ready to start their trip, Wyatt (Peter Fonda) takes off his watch and tosses it on the ground.... the camera zooms in on the ticking watch as the sound of 2 Harley Davidsons begin to motor down the road....

One of my favorite movies as a kid. how can I send you this “flying fart”?

I think we have to go to Tanna and talk with the John Frum society. They consider DLST a kind of time travel. The elders have all the answers.
        The US gubmint has been trying to time travel with the clock changes, as John Frum told the Tannanicans. If we pay attention when we set the clocks back, again, and are awake at 2:00 in the morning, we can choose different paths to travel, having gone back an hour in time. So, make sure you're awake at 1:00. Take notes of the hour until 2:00 and do something else.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I just realized that same hour we lose and gain is another hour for gubmint to screw things up and an hour to try to fix things.
          This is making more and more sense. One of my better conspiracies. Who's on board?

My timer just comes on and turns off every 12 hours, it doesn't give a shit about time changes or whether or not it's clock is accurate it just keeps on going off and coming on every 12 hours.

Comment

I swapped mine back to analog & tossed the fancy assed digital headache.

Comment

• Farmall2
            Farmall2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a catastrophic failure with analog so personally, I’m never going back.... UV stayed on over 72 hours and the plant hermied... 1000’s of nice looking seeds that I did save

Four words: sun dial technology.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Fancy this fancy that. I stay as far away from fancy as I can if you have a timer with one plug, plug a 3 way into it
            Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
            sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
            4 plants currently under 500w
            2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
            GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
            Happy growing/consuming 🥴
            Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              No I'm not trying to burn my house down

• MJTECH
              MJTECH commented
              Editing a comment
              That wiring is trouble looking for a place to happen.

seriously, 1 day for 1 hour difference! WTF!!!!!!!!!! difference is that going to make ?

Comment

• Daskahn
              Daskahn commented
              Editing a comment
              “Oh paranoia why can’t I breed you out”

• MJTECH
              MJTECH commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to calm down and knock off the anger trip.

I had a talk with my plants about government control of time. Trying to help them understand what's going on. To ease them into it, I made sure the clocks were set after I put them to sleep. I don't grow stupid plants. They could feel the difference. Dabber was going out at the same time. I was making coffee at the same time. No morning duties change, according to the clock. But man, you could just tell they were confused.
            I think they're cool, now. Changing time can be stressful if the plants don't know what's going on. Maybe it would be better either not to have a grow happening during the government's control and change of time, or just have them sprouting or early veg when the light is always on.
            I mentioned sun dial technology, somewhere. MIT, NASA, Skunkworks (shh), DARPA, and my neighbor Robert are working on SDT. The dial plate is a light sensor that is linked to a GPS device. The gnomon's shadow will activate and deactivate cells on the dial plate, keeping exact time with the Sun. Atomic clocks are great but are only accurate for so long. We non-governmental types have used the Sun since the dawn of time to set our clocks by. Never had to make an adjustment for nothing until the government types stepped in and said, "Hey! We're in the atomic age. We should use atoms to tell time. The Sun is so... beginning of time. Atoms are so now!"
            I'd love to get into the 'seriousness' of the whole time thing hazenph . The dog needs a thing. I might, too.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Forgot to mention something.
              You probably won't find anything about the DST on the 'regular' web, if you know what I mean.
              Last edited by Gingerbeard; 03-16-2020, 10:50 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X