Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: How much water do you give your plants at a time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion: How much water do you give your plants at a time?

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post
    After buying about ten jugs of spring water, I now refill them at the RO dispenser outside of our grocery store. 30 cents a jug. Takes two weeks to go through the ten jugs. We have well water, but do not use it for drinking, so didn't want to use it for the plants either.
    Did you check the ppm of the well water? The plants I have in 5 gal pots take about 2 gallons every 3 -4 days! That would get old fast running for all that water!
    Team AutoMechanics

Originally posted by Sonnyhad View Post

Did you check the ppm of the well water? The plants I have in 5 gal pots take about 2 gallons every 3 -4 days! That would get old fast running for all that water!
    Two gallons per plant?? I use 5 gal buckets, I give each one 1/2 gallon water every 3 days and still get runoff. I wonder why the difference. My plants don't show any signs of being under watered.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post

Two gallons per plant?? I use 5 gal buckets, I give each one 1/2 gallon water every 3 days and still get runoff. I wonder why the difference. My plants don't show any signs of being under watered.
      It takes a good gallon before it starts coming out of the bottom! I water every 3 or 4 days or when ever the pot feels dry!
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnyhad View Post

It takes a good gallon before it starts coming out of the bottom! I water every 3 or 4 days or when ever the pot feels dry!
        Mind you, these plants are in the flowering stage or are pretty good sized.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

That's because you have excellent drainage in your media. Don't change a thing, imo.

Comment

I used 8.5L (2.25 gal) per day at the maximum between two autos during my recent indoor coco grow. It was during the growth explosion.

25cm diameter cheap black plastic pot, probably about 2 maybe 2.2 gal I'd say. They're not as big as a 10L (2.64 gal) bucket I use to mix up my solution before watering..
            After the roughly 20% runoff came out, the pots had taken in 6.8L (1.8 gal) between them. That lasted about a week or so. Typically I was mixing up about 1.5gal a day between the two
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I use 5 gallon smart pots and give each plant 2 gallons of water when they need it which right now is about every other day. This allows a good bit of runoff and I can check the PH of that runoff water. After checking the PH of the runoff for each plant I make sure to remove the runoff water as it will only create too much humidity. I also use a dehumidifier just outside of the grow room.

Comment

I lift the pot. If it feels light I water. If it doesn't , I wont. I like to wait 'till I can see the bottom leave to start droop. I actually believe that it stresses the plants enough to increase trichomes production. Lets hear it. Tell me I'm full of it. But I believe it, so that is a good thing. When I do water, I water 'till it runs out of the bottom.
                Last edited by kingfish; 10-23-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I don't think you are full of it. From reading others posts, it seems that I water less than most. As far as I can tell, my buds are loaded with trichs. I usually do not water until I get 20% runoff even though that is recommended. My plants seem to be healthy and hearty.

Comment

Have you ever noticed that there is always one plant that seams to suck up water like mad. you could water it every day. then there are others who seam to only sip slowly.

Comment

I water just until there are tear drops of water run along the bottom (or the holes feel moist)-
                      I do NOT continue an additional 20% as I use organic soil, amended and it makes no sense to wash away nutrients!
                      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Originally posted by Weed Pharma View Post
                        I water just until there are tear drops of water run along the bottom (or the holes feel moist)-
                        I do NOT continue an additional 20% as I use organic soil, amended and it makes no sense to wash away nutrients!
                        Exactly. My same reasons for not watering till so much runoff. I test the ph of the soil every week, not the runoff water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X