Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your mantras to get you through anxiety, panic, stress or despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This to shall pass.... My stoic German grandmothers words of wisdom. The same woman who taught me to love gardening as a kid. She is looking down getting a kick of me!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

Comment

Well, it usually starts with “watch this” followed by “I wasn’t figuring on that, but you make that look good”.
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Usually start with don't sweat the small stuff, then finish with F$#@ this I'm out.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          I also like @SoOrbudgal's " figure it out"

Not a mantra but works similarly: I recently bought a banjo, almost on a whim, to add to my repertoire for my YouTube channel. I got tired of of mooches complaining about my canned (royalty free) tunes.

I knew nothing about them other than the sound they make. The past week has BLOWN my mind.

Okay, back to the "mantra" part. The banjo strings are set up so an open strum plays a G chord. I watched a video from my banjo manufacterer, Deering, instructing on the clawhammer method. I find practicing this clawhammer technique extremely soothing, even if I goof. The instructor's best piece of advice "Learn slow, so you can play fast." That's probably why it is so comforting, 'cause I'm taking the time to feel the strings, hear the tones, etc.

That's my .02 cents for the day.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s your channel on YouTube?

I really like repeating "I am ___ (stronger/tougher/braver) than this feeling" when I'm feeling overwhelmed until the worst of it passes. I also do 4-3-4 breathing - inhale for four seconds, hold for three, and exhale for four. Grounding exercises can be helpful too, like setting a timer for 2-3 minutes putting ice packs on both sides of your face, or laying on the floor with your legs fully up the wall for a similar amount of time. If you Google these suggestions I'm sure others can explain them better than me, but they're all based on therapy and research in the past.
        Smoking about it also works wonders Best wishes to everyone here whatever you choose!

Comment

If it gets too bad......
          Attached Files

Comment

This one works!
            Attached Files

Comment

I count the number of bottles of wine I have and I say to myself "You know what, it's not the end of the world" and I raise my glass..!
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Well besides reading the forum right now i'm watching our dog Sonny chasing squirrels out in the wooded area. He comes home just tongue hanging an thirsty. He parks his body right near the wood piles i can't say for sure but i'm also highly suspicious he's got wood rats cornered in those piles.

I just go talk to my plants...they listen and don't have to say anything.
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

SoOrbudgal Well I hope it's not that type of rat. This is my little girl who come and climb on me.
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right there with ya Bowhunterwoody. Those squirrels drive our dogs nuts. They drop pine cones on them i watch them do it. One of our cat's sits at the base of the tree an i think she is communicating with it, i've seen them one time chase each other.

• MrPNW
                  MrPNW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You guys have seen the movie UP, right? SQUIRREL!

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here we call them rats with furry tail.

If available, a Demerol drip really works well when in need of an attitude adjustment. Or on a lighter note:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mantra.png
Views:	354
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	492977
                Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Warning. This post has become subject to unauthorized meme acquisition lol

• Mazzariman
                  Mazzariman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha, yup, everything's fair game once it hits the ether!

Surely the answer to all the questions in the title of this thread is weed? I vote to rename it to ‘as well as weed...’ I’m just fucking with yous so I can see the posts for any ideas

Comment

Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
                  Other things just make you swear and curse

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
                  This will help things turn out for the best

Always look on the bright side of life
                  Always look on the right side of life

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten
                  And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly, chumps
                  Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

So, always look on the bright side of death
                  Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a counterfeit and when you look at it
                  Life's a laugh and death's the joke, it's true

You see, it's all a show, keep them laughing as you go
                  Just remember the last laugh is on you

And always look on the right side of life
                  And always look on the right side of life
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Another way to really tune in, is when you're breaking up the soil from the last years containers. Busting up any clods, pulling out any rocks twigs, roots etc. Kind of like mixing up a batch of brownies with your hands. Adding the new ingredients and making sure everything is evenly mixed. Getting the container ready for the upcoming transplanting of a new gal. Very Zen like. A true labour of love. Like cooking and music, it's all about the prep work. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. (I grow outdoors, but I bet the indoor growers have experienced something similar)
                    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• MrPNW
                      MrPNW commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definitely, working with weed is the closest I’ve come to working on bonsai. My tools are in use again!

You'll not fall apart....It is more important to fulfill your authentic desires than listen to your fears. So I'm trying to cope with the situation even when I feel the fear.
                    This shall pass...the most powerful words my parents told me from the very childhood in every bad situation. Now I'm using these words in any stressful situation and I'm trying to appeat to them seriously.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X