Thoughts on light for seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR2K,

Hope all is well, just wanted to apologise for posting my what light should I choose in your thread, I'm sorry I'm just starting to get a bit excited that after all the work I've done I'm getting close to actually becoming able to get growing. Anyways just wanted to let you know that it wasn't cool and I should have made my own post for the question.

I wish you a great sunny day with everything going your way.....✌️
    ​​​​Organic Grow, kind Soil, Foxfarm Ocean Forest, , Perlite.

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

AC Infinity Axial Fan Driver Coolers

Ventilation AC Infinity 6"

Carbon Filters AC Infinity in and out

Root Trapper 2 Smart pots 7 gallon

Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
      BR2K,

Hope all is well, just wanted to apologise for posting my what light should I choose in your thread, I'm sorry I'm just starting to get a bit excited that after all the work I've done I'm getting close to actually becoming able to get growing. Anyways just wanted to let you know that it wasn't cool and I should have made my own post for the question.

I wish you a great sunny day with everything going your way.....✌️
      Dude - No worries. I'm pretty much in the same position. I set up my tent and 315W LEC today. I hope to move into my new home very shortly. I'm torn which light to start with but will likely use my little T5. It's great to have options.

I am following the GWE advice to have everything ready - BEFORE I drop my seeds in water. I have all the components, it's just a matter of getting my ducks in a row.

I wish you MUCHO success too!!!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

BR2K,

Very kind of you to say and I wish you the very best in your green dream adventures. I was sold on the Viparspectra 700, then Mars Hydro came out with this new line, maybe it's been out for a while but I just found out and the reviews are pretty darn good. Coverage area especially on the edges, par level is very good and the drivers and LEDs aren't name brand like a Spider Farm, Samsung parts, but for the price I'm pretty sure that I'm going to take the chance and go with two of these. What where you going to use of you don't mind me asking?

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
          BR2K,

Very kind of you to say and I wish you the very best in your green dream adventures. I was sold on the Viparspectra 700, then Mars Hydro came out with this new line, maybe it's been out for a while but I just found out and the reviews are pretty darn good. Coverage area especially on the edges, par level is very good and the drivers and LEDs aren't name brand like a Spider Farm, Samsung parts, but for the price I'm pretty sure that I'm going to take the chance and go with two of these. What where you going to use of you don't mind me asking?

https://www.mars-hydro.com/mars-tsw-...led-grow-light
          PASSION BABY - I LOVE IT!!! I prepped my tent and four 3 gal smart pots. I don't know whether I was supposed to PH correct my Calmag treated water but I did. I just dropped six seeds...I'll figure something out if they all sprout. I have plenty of grow bags and don't absolutley need the tent. My main tent grow has my Vivosun 315W LEC light. I also have a 400w (equivalent -Hipargero) COB light and a 2 ft T5 light. I'll probably use the T5 for the sprouts (solo cups), before moving them into their permanent home. I also just started my document. Good times.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Everyone started at some point so don't feel alone. Read read and read more, that's what I've done while collecting my new tools. I personally believe that as long as we know there's always a learning curve and keep diligent and patient we/ you and I and anyone that truly wants to learn will. I'm trying to figure ventilating as well. Fresh air is a must for the happy plant so I'm trying to figure how to bring in the fresh air while not cooling my tent. I need to do the read read read thing and get my knowledge, then it will all make sense. It's cold here in Michigan so any outside fresh air I bring in will be 30° . I guess add a heater inside the tent to keep the air temp@77° and quite possibly a humidifier if they heater dries the air to much. I'm going to throw up a post this Saturday and get some advice from there crew. Lots of helpful people here. So you dropped your beans, what ya growing if you don't mind me asking? I'm going with Six Shooter Auto and one of the photos I have, not sure what ones yet but going to keep it a small grow until I know what I'm doing, that way I can keep an eye on the seedlings and plants as they grow so I can learn easier.

✌️

​​Vivosun 5 x 10

Spider Farmer sf2000 X2

Comment

Fortunately for me, I get to use the heat from my 315W LEC ight to help heat my home. I don't need to draw air from outside. I can only imagine how hot the HPS lights get. I I'm using the free auto seeds I got with my order. AK, Cheese and Northern Lights.

Comment

If the HPS light is 250w then it runs cooler than a 315w lec. It’s
                the universal laws of energy.
                4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X