Best nutrient sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best nutrient sets

Looking for first hand info on different nutrient sets. Right now I'm using FF trio. Wanting to switch when they are used up. Anyone got any recommendations for good ones or any that I should stay away from?

I use Dyna-Gro, it’s a good 2 part nutrient system, with the addition of their Protekt it’s 3 total bottles, Protekt & Grow for Veg, Protekt and Bloom for flower. Very simple and easy, no fuss. For a year of nonstop growing it cost me $120 total or about $10 a month to maintain 30 gallons of total reservoir with weekly changes and top offs.

Lots of growers here use Megacrop, it’s a good 1 part dry nutrient and is one of the most cost effective.

I’ve read good things about Jack’s nutrients, similar to Megacrop but they split out the Calcium and Magnesium. I think if I ever decide to switch from Dyna-Gro, Jack’s will be my choice. Very cheap to run.

At the end of the day most of the nutrient lineups do the same thing, it’s just about how many bags or bottles a particular lineup requires. I like to stick to 2-3 bag/bottles for ease of use.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

I also use Dyna-Gro protect & grow for veg. I also have a pkg of Mega Crop I've had it for 2yrs smells like fish poop in a cat litter form LOL. MC last along time in a foil pouch ziplock and I also place it in a Tupperware cause it smells so bad. But the Dyna-Gro is great I have not noticed a real tip burn yet and i'm increasing the amount to full feed on my photos. My autos I will use slightly less amount cause they are A-holes sometimes with food. For bloom I use Age Old Organics because my store was out of the Dyna-Gro Bloom and I needed it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Dyna-gro is what I have used in my small hydro grow for more than 5 years. I started out with General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients and had a lot of leaf discoloration issues. Mixing the 3 ingredients was fun, made me feel like a mad scientist but the Dyna-gro is just way better. Foliage-pro, Pro-tect , Mag-pro, Bloom also Hydroguard ,during flowering I add some Liquid koolbloom that's made by General Hydroponics I think. Have a great grow !!
        Last edited by Eliot Pryor; 02-03-2020, 01:22 PM.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

Everything I use to grow pot.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

I like GH Flora Trio.

Declaimer: That's all I've ever used. My plants do great on it at 1/2 strength - so why change?
            3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
            3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
            Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
            2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
            4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
            6" Oscilatting Fan
            GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
            "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

I use Future Harvest out of British Columbia; I use the whole line, it's expensive but it works so well.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks everyone, I love this forum!

Comment

Eliot Pryor my spare bathroom outside my grow room is where I keep all my grow stuffs. It seems we are kindred spirits.

Comment

Forgot pic. Oops.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, newbie here. Planting indoors in soil with local good quality greenhouse potting soil 8-4-4. I've settled on Dyna-Gro and the package says 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. to each gallon of water every time you water. In the forums etc. I've read go half strength once a week. It would be easier to just have one water jug. Should I just go 1/4 tsp. per gallon for all my watering? Too heavy? Too light? Or start out with straight water for the 1st couple weeks, then go 1/4 tsp. for grow and 1/2 tsp for bloom? Thanks for your input...cheers
                      Last edited by Cheesy; 07-21-2020, 12:54 PM.
                      3x3' space in back of closet
                      VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
                      Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
                      Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
                      Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
                      1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Botanicare has been the best for me but it’s too expensive and hard to get. GH flora trio is trouble. Stay away. Fox farms also works great but you need to get the big bloom in gallons because it’s used so much. Haven tried dynagro but after seeing that many people use it around here may give it a try. If you want my advice just keep using fox farms for now. Focus on messing up and fixing other things you have to learn and leave the nutrient issues for later when you have more control over everything else.

Comment

I use what you got there StillHigh1982 plus the FF. root drench, micro, kelp and sledgehammer from time to time. I grow Coco.
                          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X