No announcement yet.

2nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cups these were started in...look to be 16 or 18oz. Trying to get a read on the ribs on the cup to see how shallow they're planted. After the cup cutting how much is left? A full cup of medium and I'd say get her good and moist and then watch as it dries out. See how much liquid and how long until it needs more. Then you know your schedule for now. With that small of a remaining cup they may be getting root bound already. Are there drain holes in the cups? Anyway, I'd be getting the next pots prepared since there is so little for them to grow in.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe they were 16oz. when I started they were filled to the 3rd line down about so probably not enough, I know now,fill the cup fully. I added soil to the top line to help support them. so they could be. I trimmed the cups cause they were touching the sides. There are hole in the bottom of the cups. when I fed them it was like 30-40 ml at a time, I do have 1 gallon pots i started and fed some water a week ago, the soil is still moist. literally the only thing I changed was put them in the tent and the humidifier(which I stopped) just wierd they looked soo good.

So I potted them, where yellowing by the time I came home, still dry. I posted 2 pics of the roots cause I dont know if its bad. the soil was super dry. In 1 gallon cloth pots. i fed them like 16oz each of bottled water. no run off but i could feel the pot wet. Also moved the light a little further away, its at least 24" away. fingers are crossed.let me know what you think
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      In my opinion you chose just about the perfect time to transplant, the roots look great and you waited long enough that they held everything together but still far from rootbound. I'm not sure what the issue is with the leaves (maybe pH or a watering issue) but it looks like it's clearing up? The hardest part is pretty much over, they're big enough that they will become less and less fragile every day.

Thanks. The one in the pic that still has the cup is was the worst 1 . They were deff 16oz cups, next time bigger cup and full. I'm hopefull they bounce back.
    I have an electric ph tester? Idk if it's reading wrong , it was new on my 1st try . I was gonna get strips too but how does that work if is got blackstrap and nutes in the water?
    At this time ive only fed them water and blackstrap , no nutes as of yet.
    Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-12-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

just an update. they seem better in the 1 gallon pots. After a day or 2 I put about 32oz of water. got a little runoff, whats the best collecting/testing method? plant that was behind is now bigger and the 1 that has the worst problem seem good. The lowers are still very dry on both, may take longer to come back? new leaves are green so thats a plus. The light is more like 30" now. still 24hr Thanks again to everyone whos helped/advised me.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        If those are not autos they need a rest period. I don't test my runoff anymore I've gotten to know what my plant needs are someday you may learn this I've been at it many years. Good Luck keep reading how to take care of your plant.

Not autos, white widow fem seeds. Should I start now with 18/6? I honestly don't get a lot of run off, but I do try to not over feed them.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually get very little runoff as well but when I need to check the runoff I just give it a few extra ounces.

They look pretty good.

You just extract (pump, turkey baster, big syringe) or pour the runoff out of the saucer into a small cup or bowl and use whatever method of pH testing that you normally use. Test your water before it goes in then test the runoff and you'll have an idea of where your pH is in the soil. Those old bottom leaves that are dry and ugly won't recover, you can sometimes bring green back to yellowed (lack of N) leaves but once they get brown, black, bronze or yellow spots or get crispy, the damage is irreparable and all you can do is diagnose the issue and correct it as soon as possible. Once you get it figured out and fixed the plant will stop showing more bad signs but the affected leaves will always be damaged. After the spreading stops, if there's >30% of the leaf compromised, I remove it.

Comment

i think my electric PH tester may have failed . so im gonna go back to the color chart and cut the light a little aswell. and hopefully they continue

Comment

just sharing some pics, they are liking things so far still just phd water for food, I cut the BSM out for now. I Still feel like my black thumb can show up anytime. Any advise? Also thanks GWE would not be this far without this place.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you going to keep it in a 1gal. pot?

They're looking real good keep it up. It looks like you might have 2 different phenos there. The one I'm flowering from that batch had the really wide leaves and grew fast. I just bred it last night with Sour Tangie fem pollen.

Comment

soOrbudgal , I'm planning on 3 gallon. I dont know how long I should wait to do that? I dont have cloth 3g but I do have soil and plastic i can get ready.

1 of them does look to be more short and bushy, I didnt know if I hurt her

Comment

question, im trying to tell my issue by the leafs. look spotty i dont know if its wilts or bumps. Just wanna catch something now. still phd water is all they got. fed them sunday. maybe they need to eat. i just dont wanna over feed.

Comment

I think it looks pretty dang good overall. It looks like early signs of calcium deficiency causing the spots, the tiniest bit of edge lifting from light stress which tells me the lighting is almost perfect and the one clawed leaf is more a sign to me that the plant is getting enough nitrogen than it is something to worry about. If you don't have any yet, get some calmag soon. I'd recommend getting one with 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 since sometimes you just need the calmag and don't want to add nitrogen. I bought a bottle of Advanced Sensi Calmag extra because I found it cheap when I needed it and didn't pay attention to the fact that it's 4-0-0 so it's harder to work with imo.

Comment

Ok. I don't have any. I'll look that up. Is there any other cal-mag I should look @. Maybe I can grab it locally. I've just been water so far. I have molasses. Don't know when/if I should start it. Last night I did put up my new PAR600 light I have it @30". They are in 3G pots.
                  Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-27-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Any decent garden store will have some sort of calmag (IDK if you have a local that is open in winter) or you could probably have it saturday from amazon. Molasses is for the second half of flowering and don't forget that it lowers pH when the time comes to use some. Three gallon pots should work great and be plenty to go all the way unless you plan on a lengthy veg period.

Comment

i had plans to stay in the 3s. I do have some open stores but Amazon is usually faster with the work schedule, unless the feed store has it, they carry the soil and nutes. They're around the corner. I'll get some before I feed em next , Oh, My water in the trays looked like 5.0 when I tried to test it on the color chart so I'll feed closer to 7.0?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X