Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a scrog/trellis net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a scrog/trellis net?

This is my first time in a tent. Can anyone recommend a net for a 4x4 tent. I’m not really going to scrog, just using the net to spread the branches out and support the buds. The gorilla one has large holes and I think small ones would be better. There are a million of them out there and they all look the same.

If you are not going to use it a a scrog why not just place some bamboo sticks into the pots to spread out the colas? Nets can be a pain in the A$$ I have done it once in my tent with netting just to try it out ended up cutting it away. I also made a bamboo stick scrog used it once way easier worked better stiffer but my dog ended up finding it busted it all up so don't use it anymore. Now theres round metal single netstands with legs you can get at any garden store. Or use poultry fence, you could make one out of it. Maguyver
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The Dollar Store has drying racks. They are perfect size to fill my space, if I grow within the racks. Each plant has it's own 'trellis' attached to it's pot so I can move the plants as I want without much ado. They're held above the soil with chopsticks.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

This is what I use. Easy to cut to size and secure to whatever.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Gingerbeard, that’s very clever! When do you place the cooling rack on the plant... during veg or bloom stage? I’d be afraid that I’d damage the leaves. I am considering trying this, though. I need to look for chopsticks!!

Comment

Chopsticks an overlooked and underused, renewable resource CatMomma . Fun to eat with, to boot.
            Chopsticks were exactly the right height to sink to the bottom of my 2 gallon pots and leave enough above to secure the racks to. Had I thought to use skinny bamboo poles, I could have made an adjustable trellis. Next time. The racks replaced another method I was using. Shown is the watering bottle I had to put together to get under the plants. And a little more naked plant. The chopsticks are pretty much in a square, almost to the edge of the pot, upper and lower left and right. The main stem was trained out. As the first/lowest branches started growing out, I trained them 180° to the main. Subsequent stems were trained back to make space for more subsequent stems. Like a fan. Start training the main down after a few leaf nodes. Slowly. Just a tickle. Put the trellis on when you have something to train.
            These plants are amazing in the resiliency toughness department. Yeah, the spaces are a bit tight and some of the adjusting was sketchy. In the end, even broken stems were just fine. Each stem was rolled between my fingers to supercrop when I could fit my thumb and forefinger in the stem.
            The wires of the rack are welded well. It breaks when twisted and leaves a jag when snipped. The metal is also soft and doesn't take to a file. I don't think it would be too hard to put together a lightweight frame and run some twine back and forth to make another adjustable trellis. Next time.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

Wow, thank you so much Gingerbeard for that helpful overview. I will attempt this on my next grow. Time to start collecting chopsticks!!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                I won't use the wire racks on future grows. The small spaces were a bit tedious.
                Maybe I should change it to bamboo poles. It'll at least give you the option of adjusting height. It's also bamboo and makes the earth happy.
                I'll bet a clever little kitty or clever beardyman can brain something up. The frame would have to be lightweight but sturdy, like wire coat hangers. Probably brace the horizontal two and vertical two with another piece of wire for racking. Get that going until your plants grow and you can tie string to the frame as they grow. Mmm. Maybe we only need my brain?

Are there epoxy's that would work to join coat hangers? Scrape off the coating. Rough the surface up a bit.

Indeed, I think we will be better off having your brain figure this one out and then my brain can happily interpret the results.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck with that!

....heehee!!

Comment

... I suppose you could solder the coat hangers...

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's brazing, soldering, perhaps MIG. But then I would have to buy all that stuff and use it once. My toolbox is limited to the middle drawer of my Ikea office furniture thing.

I have no clue why this is so outlandishly expensive, but the concept is intriguing:

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks nice if your plants will be stationary. You could consider putting PVC pipe around each of the legs. Drill a few holes. Insert a few pins. Make yourself a telescoping net.
                  The setup looks a little flimsy because of the legs. If you're in a tent, you can find those same nets without the legs. They attach to your tent poles. Found some by scrolling down the page of your link. Still telescopic.
                  And finally, it looks to me like lawn furniture. Might be quality material.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X