Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips

Hello everyone
    I’m just wondering if you could give me some tips I’ve ordered me a 80cm by 80cm by 180cm in height grow tent I’m just wondering what LED light to go for ?

Haha good timing Reggie. As I just posted Amazon has the Mars hydro 600 on sale for $80. It covers 2x2ft. I have the 2000 & I love it.

Comment

• Reggie
      Reggie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate I’ll check it out now 👍🏻

I just pulled a 600 watt LED out of my 2x3x4.5 tent because it was way too much heat. With fans blasting, intake and exhaust on high I hovered around 75°. I'm talking two exhaust fans, two circulating Hurricane fans, intake fan, and flaps mostly open. I also didn't see a difference in flowering between my regular 350 watt and the 600 watt. A 450 watt looks about right for a small space. I'll be checking that out next.
    Whatever you choose Reggie you're sure to get fat colas. I can tell that about people. You have an honest face.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Ppl really like that viparspectra.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm an LED fool JDU. It's my first light so I don't know no better.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here Gingerbeard LED forever haha.

Gingerbeard im only thinking about micro growing a couple of plants to see how I get on with my first harvest what would you suggest what watt I get I’ve all ready got a 135 watt LED I was thinking of trying that out ?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      135 watt is enough to grow a couple small plants. People grow with fluorescent lights and get great results. I wouldn't light my space with more than 450. Training is going to be your best friend. Distance from light is also important.
      Take a look at the GWE website for training and for micro-grows. Lots of information on each.
      Start with the best you can afford for your personal best results. Build up over time with the experience you get.

• Nute
      Nute commented
      Editing a comment
      The Mars sp150 is an awesome light so is the ts600 watt

• Nute
      Nute commented
      Editing a comment
      You would be very happy with either the tsl600 Mars light or sp150 Mars light both highly recommended

Thanks for your advice mate I’ll let you no how I get on 😊

Comment

​​​​​​I have 2 of these (or something very similar) in my small tent and they work great for seedlings and veg, haven't tried flowering with them yet though. Low power draw, full spectrum, and very low heat. I really don't even worry about the temperature in that tent.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Reggie
        Reggie commented
        Editing a comment
        What WATT am they mate ?

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what the equivalent is but it's only about a 10-15W power drawn from the wall each. I'm guessing you can find some higher rated ones for about the same price but I don't know about heat on those. I have some cheap 600W and 1200W LEDs that don't run very hot but they're in bigger tents too so that may be why it doesn't seem hot. Hope that helped at least a little.

• Reggie
        Reggie commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I might put my ufo 160w in and then swap to a 210w in veg

I’m using the Mars Hydro SP-150 for my micro grow... I have three plants under it and so far they seem happy. It’s lightweight yet has a strong light and doesn’t get hot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X