Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ever grow, wich of those lights one should get

Hello all!

This is my first ever attempt, been reading GWE for about two years, got a spare no windows little room, and grow space is 60x60x135cm, I don't have access to any of those fancy brands here https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights

Not citing any brands, Wich one of those I got available I should choose?
    • 6x24w T5 panel
    • Popular brand CXB-3590 X1 100W 6th gen
    • Triple twin 300W Chinese cob 4th gen (can get 2)
    • Ultra twin 200W Chinese cob 4th gen (can get 3)
    I'm afraid HPS could make a electricity bill jump.

I'm aiming for make the most out of my space, light wise.

Sorry for my English. Thanks in advance.

Welcome Dave! Well far as the T5 panel I do know that 6x24 isn't a whole lot of wattage & from recent personal experience T5s dont penetrate very well. I had (3) 4x54w T5s going together & it wasn't enough.

Comment

Hi Jay! My name is Felipe actually, just to keep it real with u. There's this sound engineer and bad weed here is called "prensado"... Don't mind me...

Do you think I have better chances with just a single one 100w CREE, than 2 or 3 generic bridgelux 200w cobs?

Thanks. Really excited as this is taking shape now, just waiting for my seeds while I pick the lights up...

Comment

To be honest I'm a beginner myself - I'm no lighting expert & I believe others here can be of more assistance- I understand that you need 650- 800w for a 4x4 area & not all watts are created equal. Lighting isn't a good place to scrimp n save when you start a grow that's for sure!!
        Last edited by JDU; 01-19-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Drekthar
          Drekthar commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a HLG 550 Quantum Board and it is is 480W flowers 4 x 4 no problem. Produces big yield. over 19 oz last crop of 4 plants. I am planning to get a new lights and leaning to the Optic slim 600H and will likely flip the HLG to my buddy. after a fair bit of research that what I have come up with. something thats using the new samsung 301h chips = some far reds for enhanced flowering. SOmeone put me onto a good video a couple of days ago on a post here in this forum. You should check it out its quite informative and a bit enlightening.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg&t=980s ignore the sales pitch. my two cents worth for ya

Originally posted by DavePrensado View Post
        Hi Jay! My name is Felipe actually, just to keep it real with u. There's this sound engineer and bad weed here is called "prensado"... Don't mind me...

Do you think I have better chances with just a single one 100w CREE, than 2 or 3 generic bridgelux 200w cobs?

Thanks. Really excited as this is taking shape now, just waiting for my seeds while I pick the lights up...
        If the Cree uses a genuine CXB, it's probably the most efficient of the choices you listed. 100 watts would do a single plant.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hello G!

I could get any of those recommended IF wasn't for the 4/1 (4 to 1) exchange rate, so if something is about 100 dollars i would be paying 400 local currency for it.
          Not to mention Custom Taxes wich is 60% of the whole declared product + shipping... It becomes impossible.
          i wish i could find some ViparSpectra already here (i was looking at amz and those are not expensive if wasn't for this little problem)

I'm just being cautious cause i don't want to invest on something scammy or even worse put money where i don't know proper, a goofy buy, yes i want to make it right gear wise, i'm not "scrimping n saving" (as Jay said).

Sorry for my measurements, i meant its a tent with 2Feet x 2Feet x 4Feet (60cm x 60cm x 135cm metrics)
          Can i put two plants in there?

I got about 1200 local currency as a budget for lights, let me ask you again please:

All this stuff available is already imported but with a price twist as now i'm in the "sellers hands" (as i would be paying the total dollar amount PLUS the seller's profit) but it's still reasonable.

Code:
          [LIST][*]BIOLEDZ full cycle 9600 200W (R$ 1.059)[*]Canagrow E27 Osram COB 150W (R$ 389)[*]Canagrow full spectrum UT02 Bridgelux 2x100W (R$ 429)[*]Canagrow full spectrum UT03 Bridgelux 3x100W (R$ 589)[*]COB CREE CXB3590-X1 100W (R$ 949)[/LIST]
          Does HPS really jumps the bill price up? As this would alarm my "landlord"... (Asking cause i'm seeing 600W hps setups for about R$ 600, really sweet price there)

Thank you all for your time and know how. Sorry for bothering y'all.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Felipe, You got 4square feet in your tent, same as one of mine, you can grow 4autos, if trained well at one time, and in about 75-90days have between 8-10ozs, dry killer bud, maybe more, with an HLG100 v2, it costs 150 us dollars.
            You want between 30-50watts a sq. foot, to grow good bud.
            It would be extremely hard to use any HID lighting in your small tent, it would get to hot.
            Plants put off heat heat on their own, plus the Hids, get hot. To hot for your tent.
            Any quantum board light you can find that uses good parts like Samsung's 301chips ,is what you need, imo.
            The Hlg, 135 kit would be perfect for your tent, my last grow was with the HLG100,V2, and it worked fine, a few more watts, would have been nice though.
            Very efficient lights, cheap to run, low heat, but your still gonna need an exaust fan, unless you keep the door of your tent open.
            Read Nebulas tutorials, on using quantum boards,
            Welcome to GWE, good luck
            Happy Growing.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol I hope you didn't feel attacked or something when I said that. There ain't a damn thing wrong with scrimpin n savin! I use pudding, yogurt h cottage cheese containers for pots. I got all my fans at thrift stores.The dollar store is a goldmine...... but I earned the hard way to get the best lighting you can afford.

Well said D.A.A.S.69. And with autos no need to change lights on times, run them 20-4 or 18-6 on off they don't mind light leaks or open tent but you would need to train those photo period down real low for your space. I would go auto flower fems.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

JDU not at all Jay! Its just another country with sh** **s custom taxes and exchange rates. but in the end
            i spent all the afternoon searching for the HLG DAAS told us, it was more like 10 minutes searching the rest of the time was me convincing my wife

so i gonna get one of those you said and even paying the customs and the 99 dollars for shipping i think that's the best for the money.

https://horticulturelightinggroup.co...=8108197478492

This one right?

They even ship to my country.

Thank you guys! Gonna get back to you in near future. One love.
            Last edited by DavePrensado; 01-20-2020, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Oi D.A.A.S.69
              Premiere high end indoor gardening LED grow lights for hobbyists & professionals looking to remove HPS & lower electricity costs by 60% while increasing yields.

Can I checkout???

Thank you!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                One Love, Bro. HappyGrowing
                Hlg, peace out.
                You ever need any help ,just holler.

Thanks guys, finally put it out. Managed to grab the HLG 135w v2 while available, took some little time to gather everything needed but started a 15 year old dream.

was "arrested" once for having it on me, it's still totally illegal here, but still better financially speaking, cause i don't know where the money goes in the black market...

2 blueberry, 2 bluedream and 1 in the back is a brickweed seed i promised to love in case female... lol

All my know-how was from here GWE, thanks Nebula and Sirius also.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck and excellent choice for light looking forward to the progress. Peace

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X