Can i germinate my seedlings in direct sunlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i germinate my seedlings in direct sunlight

Hey guys just asking for somefeed back on my germination process. So i am germinating my auto seeds. 1x Mi5. 1x Girl scout cookies. 1x Skunk cheese. 1x Dark devil. So i have paper towel method them with success. Then i have planted the seeds in 13litre pots with a very good fertilizer called Tui pot power. I have then placed seeds root down in a 0.5 to 1cm hole with root facing down. I have then put shot glass over top and placed them outside in direct sunlight. Last time i germed auto seeds i put in peat pellets and placed under 20w cfl cool daylight tone bulb. They grew fine but as we know they dont like transplanting and it did effect them. So i changed my method to direct light due to all i have is 1 20w cfl lamp setup and it does not have enough room to fit 4x 13litre pots under it. So will direct sunlight work or will it cook the seeds there 7 canadian dollers each about $9 new zealand dollers. Any feedback or outcomes and ideas. I would appreciate it
    IO'D

I don't give my seedlings light untill they have popped out the soil and have the cotyledons showing.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok understood thanks mr furley. Do you think i would or could of cooked them by any chance. Seen as its only been 23degres celius but of natural sunlight and under a shot glass.
      IO'D

Comment

I have planted outside and let them come up in full on sunshine, no cover (I have high humidity), it worked thousands of years for mother nature,,,,

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty much what I was thinking. Plants grow outdoors naturally from a seed in the soil. If nothing else the sun gives them the warmth they need to sprout. I would love to do an outdoor grow but winter hits too soon here and I have an issue with grasshoppers. Last one I tried outside got eaten and I couldn't figure out by what for the longest time. Finally figured it out and decided not to do outdoor again until I have a greenhouse set up.

The short galas could be unnecessary under light and may hurt.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I sprout on towel then move to soil. Once in soil, I put the sprout in the sun. Once the first stretch starts, if there isn't a lot of sun available, they go to LED.
          Not much of what we do is s100% Mother Nature. The closest we get are the folks who plant a few seeds outside and see what happens. All hail the outsiders! 2, 4, 6, 8...
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Thanks every1 i love the help
            IO'D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X