No announcement yet.

How's Your Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37 degrees here. No frost. Beautiful morning though. End of the cold for the next two weeks says the all knowing weather people.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck Bowhunterwoody we are both really confident in our weather forecasters LOL

68*F here this morn, the sun is coming up and will get into the 80s. My back tells me things are changing, and radar tells me the winds are now from the south (also means hit or miss spring showers the next few days). Next week we will be in the 90s, the ACs are getting ready, but for now the door is open and enjoying the nice cool morning.

Comment

We are coming out of a heavy wind and rain last 3 days. It's going to creep back up into the 70s with sunshine. Mother nature does what she wants when she wants can change here from 90s to 40s in spring. That's why we say to get a canopy or cheapo green house.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well here I am 5 days since last weather post and we got wind and rain low 60s. So damn happy I found this site and learning about growing indoors. I am having less patience with outdoor grows as my indoor improves LOL but I won't quit doing it

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Its damn hot here! There is a tropical depression in the gulf that will go east of me as it moves north, I'll get no rain from it only heat!

Comment

Next week is getting to hot for my outdoor grow 🤦🏼🤔🤔
            38 Celsius - unbelievable 😳😳
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes mam 😒. Actually pretty sad to be honest

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you set up a temporary sun shade or screen over the top to help increase the shade time.... ?

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Have a big figs tree in the garden. So yes I’m starting to think they need some shade in those 12 hours of light they are gettin🤔

Here I got over 8" of rain with high winds and hail last night, 1 GG4 is blown over, yesterdays fells like temp was 112-116*F and calm. When there is no wind in OK, hang on the storm is coming!

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah in TX we must have had a freak wind storm last night as i went outside and all my basil plants were blown over and one of my cherry tomato plants was snapped in half. Hopefully a little tape and string will save it as it was not severed. OK knows the heat of the south! Yeah it was hot here too, i think its gonna be over 100 for the next several days.

We are getting our warm days now finally in our part of Oregon. I took all my plants out of green house for now we'll see how long this last.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey just thought i'd mention that regardless of what i say about day time temps for my area of so. oregon this morning feels like fall in October, my bones hurt type cold

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds quite like Denmark for sure

CaptainWiese91 it does not help my attitude improve it's getting older and feeling the cold much more. I can't stand it i don't have alot of fat reserves to be honest and i'm not getting good rest so my patience is short. It's just me being restless and i keep hoping for the heat that i remember from years past at this time. I'm a warm blood in a colder climate never acclimated just tolerated LOL. it's getting worse to me i feel like crawling inside my grow tent.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Now I’m only 29, but this was the reason why I left Denmark and moved to Portugal. you are much welcomed here in the sunny region in Europe 😆
              Because of climate change, these regions like Oregon and Scandinavia will only by time get more and more rain.
              Denmark almost have raining season every month except Dec-Jan-Feb where the snow is coming.

Yes you are so correct. I could not leave permanently nor would i as crazy as we are here it's still home and it's beautiful. Snowbird is looking like a possibility though, Mexico is one we are researching. Can still drive there from here but this year is just a mess.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Tersky
              Tersky commented
              Editing a comment
              Shit i live in Texas and am dying to move north. No way in hell id go further south to live. Dont get me wrong, id love to visit but knowing how hot texas summers are i would not want to live there. Its been over 100 degrees F for the past few days and honestly so far this year has been tame.

I will add that i do not have the low insulation issue...so take that for what its worth (aka i need to get in shape)

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a snowbird from the Capital of Canada and today it's hot !! A little 86F for my American friends. Do your research SoOrbudgal on Mexico cuz some place are not as safe to drive around why ? Well I should know a bit, you see this snowbird spend his winter in the Yucatan area for more than 20 yrs now. Never had a problem so far but my friend did lollll He had to pay the cops a mere 1000 pesos cuz he was drunk. I would say it was his fault. April and May are too hot for us so we fly back home and beside it's Mosquitoes season in the Yucatan. Check the Yucatan, it's one of the safest place in Mexico.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Is Tillamook Rock anywhere within reach of where you are? It was pictured on the cover of a magazine I saw and looked I interesting as hell.

It has been over 105 for 10 days now. 100 before 10 am this morning. Had to take a dunk in the pool to cool off after watering. The girls seem to love the heat but if they have a problem it shows now. I am going to southern baja Mexico next month for 4 days fishing only 85-90 there on the coast.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes i've been to Baja when i was in my 20's or before? Great fishing back in the day, we would camp on the beach but we were respectful always of the culture there.

• desertdan
              desertdan commented
              Editing a comment
              I have Mexican friends I have been fishing with for 30 years. They live in a small village about 3 hours north of Cabo. Things have changed a lot in 30 years but still isolated and still beautiful. Fishing has returned as good as 30 years ago. Due to better conservation.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to think that I am just not doing something right in life....these trips just sound too cool.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X